Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood announces tour additions

As far as which movie studio tour I think is well worth the money: Universal, Warner Brothers, and Paramount. Sony Pictures has basically nothing to show, so don't waste your time there. Sony and NBC are about the same level. But NBC is less expensive to go on.

*FAST & THE FURIOUS: EXTREME CLOSE-UP

I went to USH today, they were testing the Fast & the Furious robotic arm. It reminded me of the roboarm you ride in Legoland's Knight's Tournament. On the tip of the arm was a shell of what looked like a black SUV van. It was spinning and twirling, left, right, up, and down. I'm still not exactly sure how it will play out in the finished product.

They're still moving dirt around the area they're putting it in. From the looks of it, it seems like the tram will circle around the robocoaster while the car is spun around doing tricks. Tire smoke might cover up the robo arm. I'm not sure if that's what it's supposed to be like.

Honestly, this whole presentation set-up is a wild guess.

*KING KONG

So to the left of when you go down the parting of the Red Sea, you'll get a sea-level eye view of a sky background, skull island wall and rock miniature sets, and the Venture ship bigature. When the tram comes by, a fog effect comes up to complete the illusion. It looks quite interesting. They completely tore up the bridge behind it and it's just a bare unused concrete bridge.

A random thought came up, what if instead of parting the red sea, the tour changed it to a Bruce Almighty or Evan Almighty reference...

The sea was already parted when we went through, not sure if the parting we resume, or they'll just leave it like that, or they're still working on it.

* SAM GOODY IN CITYWALK

There's a store closing sale in Sam Goody. Due partly because that company, Suncoast, and I think Mediaplay went bankrupt. Currently everything is around 70-90% off. Even the CD/DVD racks and shelfs are for sale. Including a ladder, fax machine, safe, and file cabinet. Most of the DVDs are B-movie horror flicks. They have other random movies no one really wants. I picked up a $40 "Dukes of Hazzard" 1st season on DVD for a friend for $13. They also have anime DVDs, anime soundtracks, and other various soundtracks and music.

* WATERWORLD

They painted the pool a much darker blue. They replaced the bleacher tarps from greenish to brown. I didn't noticed plastic crabs and other sea creatures for decor. I also didn't notice the plants, similar to what it looked like in the film (you know how the pot floats in the water?).

Um, yeah, that's about it.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• My prices are INSANE!

A friend of mine use to work on the Universal lot, and had access to a golf cart.
    We would drive around the lot and the backlot and just fart around, and see what was happening on some of the soundstages.
    It was funny driving past the Trams, some people on the tram would take pictures of use because they thought we were somebody famous.

Lots of fun.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Merry 2014!

yay a reason to go back to ush!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• ...TWO BITS!

Forgot to mention they changed Animal Planet LIVE to Hollywood Animal Actors. The video and music is different. They added a segment training a cat. And they have the monkey steal a tv remote to change the TV to King Kong and Curious George. And also this clip with matt leblanc in the passenger seat of a car while a chimp was driving.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1477468

Photo update on the progress of the park. Many walls up for repaving. Looks like for Fast & Furious, trams will enter through the east roadway, make a look/u-turn, and exit the west roadway and continue to jurassic park.

Zorro & the girl looks like their doing a mini-show in the patio area around Fear Factor casting & T2:3D. Maybe to test audience reaction/ practice for the actors. Then again, they're doing something to the Western walkway. Could the Zorro show rumor be coming true??

-Jurassic Park

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Tref
    Whoopi Goldberg's incandescent star power will illuminate the Studio Tour

Say what?
    I concur...I mean WDS in Paris got Jermony Irons...USH can't get a better voice?

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11

I went to USH today, they were testing the Fast & the Furious robotic arm. It reminded me of the roboarm you ride in Legoland's Knight's Tournament.
    It is, they are both from Kuka.

I like how they say at the bottom it has matured into a full day park...that got me laughing...since 1964 its been around...and people complain about DCA.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    WAA... how did you get a free AP?!
    My wife and I get a free one every year also. We think it is because we worked there for years before quitting. We don't ask because they might stop sending them.

• Still lost in Neverland

I also got free AP's in the mail, two years in a row. I also get the e-mail updates, and so far there has been no word on any of this new stuff. Spring 2006 has come and gone. Are any of these changes working yet? Since I don't work anymore I can go up during the week, but with summer vacations just around the corner, it would be nice to go before the crowds start. Funny I haven't gotten any updates yet.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• love my friends

can hardley wait.. is it starting soon.. since NOW I have a UNIVERSAL AP.. I got it last month and have already been there twice.. LOVE that place

Friends for life

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

So when does all of this begin?

I have to know because I have a pass ( not free!!!!!!!!!!!!grrr)

from jeff

• Still lost in Neverland

I went up yesterday. It was not all that crowded, but it was hot. The tour has some things already in place, but the tour narration and visuals are the same except for a couple of spots. Ron Howard is still the main personality who greets at the beginning and says goodbye at the end.

The miniature Kong Island and ship is in place, and be aware it is on the LEFT side of the tram. So if you want pictures, you have to stand on the last star in a row, not the first. This side also is the best for 90% of the stuff on the tour.

They have put a new car display up in the green area (where all the plants and tress are) and they are on the left, as will be the new display/show/whatever it is on Fast and Furious. It looks to be more than a simple drive by, from what is being done there, curved road, walls and other stuff they are now constructing. Also at the Jurassic Park part of the tour in that same area, they have added two of the frilly spitting dinos and they are on the RIGHT side, and close. You will get wet.

Speaking of getting wet, they have also fixed the flood sequence so that it explodes in a huge plume of water at the bottom right next to the tram, on the LEFT side, and you will get wet if you are sitting in the closest (3rd or 4th) car. A lot of cosmetic changes have also been installed.

Since Desperate Housewives is on vacation right now, we got to go down all of Wysteria Land and back. It is interesting. As you enter, the tour guide names all the houses and who lives there in the show. At the end of the road is a turnaround and the tram travels back up the street. At that times the Tour Guide points out the Beaver Cleaver house and 1313 Mockingbird Lane, home to the Munsters, and a couple of other houses that were used for other shows prior to DH.

I didn't stay long enough to go to the lower lot, or ride any other attraction. It was very hot and I don't do all that well in the heat. I had lunch, went to City Walk and then came home. I was there for maybe 2 - 3 hours. I will go back in a couple of weeks and try again (sat on the right and didn't take my camera - this was a test visit) and try to get some pictures of the new stuff.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12