Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

First Trip To Cedar Point

This summer we're taking our first trip to Cedar Point in July. Our trip will also include the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Hershey Park. Anybody have suggestions for other things to do?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: First Trip To Cedar Point

If you will be at Hershey I would seriously suggest making the trek out to Knoebels. It's a small family park but it's absolutely awesome. And it has the best wooden coaster EVER!!!!

Other than parks I don't have any ideas for other things in the area.

• All you need is LOVE

I say have fun

• Huh?

One big thing to do: Remember where you parked your car.

I went to Cedar Point about 2 days after I got my car back in 2000. The car's only 2 days old, so guess what I did -- lost it for an hour. We were going up and down that big lot hunting it down, finally found it after an hour. Oy.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

On the historical side, you'll be near Lancaster County, PA. That's the heart of Amish country and there a bevy of museums and such. Yeah, there's a cheap-o "Dutch Wonderland," but there's also shopping and food, which is interesting enough. My paternal side of the family is also Lancaster and York.

Gettysburg! Being a history buff, I always tell people to invest some time in this quaint little town. Read up on it before you go--maybe watch a movie or two with the tykes--and then take the bus tour or the ghost tour. I found it to be very interesting. There's a huge 'cyclorama' painting of the third day of battle and an 'electric' map that are kinda neat to see--and a graveyard where President Lincoln once stood to give his famous 'address.'

Check it out and report back!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Huh?

I second the Gettysburg visit... I love that town.

Be sure to check out some of the period restraunts while there... some have REALLY good food. Unfortunately, can't remember the names of them right now.
    -Tim

I've always wanted to go to Jungle Jim's International Market in Fairfield, OH. While a little bit out of the way, they have animated breakfast cereal characters, one of the largest selections of honey, and other cool "attractions" in their store.

http://www.junglejims.com/index.cfm

Yes, it's strange and tacky, but it might be a fun side trip...

• Huh?

Hmm... I've never heard of this. I must go now!!! It should be a good trip to do on the weekend.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    This summer we're taking our first trip to Cedar Point in July. Our trip will also include the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Hershey Park. Anybody have suggestions for other things to do?
    Don't they have a popular theme park over there or something?

• Why do you keep talking?

hahah Cedar Point is in the middle of nowhere, There are some Wineries near Sandusky if that's something you'd like to do for a day I guess. They're on Catawba Island. And there's Put-in-Bay, it's an Island that has a lot of shopping and vacation stuff in Golf Carts during the day, and a lot of bars at night.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Huh?

Nearby Cedar Point, there's Geagua Lake if you want to experience another park.... it's also owned by Cedar Fair.
    -Tim

• Why do you keep talking?

and it's cheap!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Well I live 3 min from Hersheypark. While our area may be kind of boring but trips to either Lancaster or Gettysburg. I would most definetly second Knoebels. It is a amusment park that is totaly old style. The have great old rides ,super new rides one of the best haunted houses in the country. They even have a carousel where the riders can grab for a brass ring for a free ride on it again just like they used to. They even have coal mine museum on the premises (I know it may not sound cool but it is neat to see). Also you could try Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom. Some like it others don't it has several fantastic coasters. But the park is built on very hilly terrain and can be tiring. The water park is fun but can be very crowed on very hot days (they get lots of New Yorkers down there). If there are smaller kids going they will love Camp Snoopy. If you really want any other ideas hit me up online sometime. By the way have been to Cedar Point 3 times it is a super park too. On the way from Ohio to Pa I would swing by Kennywood This park is the tops. It has the best of old and new rides. This park is really fun and has a ton of things to do. Enjoy no matter what you do. Here are there web sites maybe they can help.Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom , Knoebels Home Page , Welcome to Kennywood , Hershey Pa The Sweetest Place On Earth
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 03-15-2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Rock Star Minion

I'll second Kennywood as a great coaster park. That "rabbit"(?) one is downright scary, with only a lap belt holding you in.
    And there's a racing coaster that have the trains close enough that you can high-five the riders in the other train (going the same way but slightly faster, not going opposite ways and break your arm).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Thanks for the great suggestions.

We're doing this vacation in shifts, so the flights are going to get complicated. My daughter will fly out first to spend some alone time with her Grandparents. Then my wife and son will join them and probably go to the Jersey Shore. I'll fly out a couple of days later and we'll visit some friends and family in New York. We also have tickets to see Tarzan on Broadway. Tuesday we leave for Hershey Park. My wife flies out on Sunday. We haven't figured out which airport yet. The next Sunday I'll fly out with my daughter, probably from Cleveland, leaving my son to get his turn with my parents. Have I lost everybody yet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast