Blog Entries

Has anyone been to Wild Adventures in Valdosta?

I used to live about 2 hours from this park so I had an annual pass mainly for the concerts as that's the only real reason I can find to go to this park more than once. It's a fun little place to go with the family once in a while but it's a little overpriced for what they offer (unless you're getting in on a concert night for someone you care to see.) I haven't tried their water park yet though so I can't comment on that.

I also haven't been in a few years so I don't know what they've added since I was last there as they were working on a river rapids ride at the time. For a park that is built around promoting itself as a zoo type place it really falls on it's face. The big tour of the animals is just pen after pen of animals. There's no theming to the areas. They just took open farm land, put some fences up and put some animals out there.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Has anyone been to Wild Adventures in Valdosta?

No but I was thinking of hitting that one sometime...since basically there is nothing to do in Savannah when I can get a weekend off I've been trying to hit different parks...and I figure at 2 hours I can hit that park and come back in the same day.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Ive been to Valdosta do I get bonus points at least for that?

• Happy Memories

I've driven through the area many times but never stopped at the park. Every time I see the ads I wonder if it's worth checking out, but have never had the opportunity to find out. We're always on our way either to or from somewhere else at the time.

Blog Entries

When I lived in Tallahassee I kept an annual pass mainly because they had several good concerts each year and it always paid for itself. I would normally go one full day just for the park itself and then all the rest would mainly just be in the afternoon to see the concerts.

I was surprised that a park in Valdosta would be any good at all, and it's a fun place. It's just only fun for about half a day unless you're there for the concerts. That said, the water park being added to the park may make it a better deal as you could go get all hot and sweaty riding all the normal rides in the morning and then jump on the water area after you're done there. That would be a decent days fun.

I'm not sure what it costs now, but it wasn't too expensive before. So it's worth a Saturday if you've got nothing else to do.

• Banned User

hmm.. I wonder how many people have been to it's now sisterpark.. cypress gardens and seen the "improvements" that were based around Wild adventures..
    (they not promote rollercoasters and less on the animals and i see stuff. and if i get an AP to CG, i get a free one for WA)

Neat park. See my pictures of it at coastergallery.com

Their star coaster, Cheetah, was in TERRIBLE shape when I was there last. For me what is cool is that have a nice variety of rides for the whole family, and the concerts are awesome. The day I was there they had Journey that night. The next week it was like David Lee Roth or Clay AIken or something. You gotta admit, for free, those are some damn fine acts!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Call me nuts...didn't see it on there.

Whoops...guess they aren't up yet Sorry! Still on the list of parks to add. Blame it on lack of sleep from a new baby.