• I like some ideas, not all

1 9.09%
  • I don't care

0 0%
  • This post is too long to read

0 0%

• ...TWO BITS!

Thought about Spider-man ride in USH

I've heard old rumors that a Spider-man ride could replace USH's Waterworld. I like Waterworld, but know it's over 10 years old now. I thought Spider-man was coming to replace E.T. Adventure. Well, we all know that didn't happen. So I thought what if SM could go where the Gibson theater is. Supposedly, that theater is not Universal's anymore. It's now actually owned by Gibson. So if NBC/Universal can't get that land back, what else?

This popped in my head, but not sure if I read it somewhere else before, so sorry if I unconsciously stole the idea from someone. How about fixing up The Institute of Future Technology as the Daily Beagle for The Amazing Spider-Man? Close up the outdoor queue space so it looks more like administration, office space, and false doors to offices. Then the queue before you go inside the building is themed as (each floor gets a different theme) cubicles, printing machines, and a photography dark room. Then the next room is J. Jonah Jameson's main office. He wants to see you immediately to cover this breaking news, so hurry and line up infront of the monitors for his instructions (this will have to be looping as I'm sure the two separate buildings will be running in different time cycles. Includes JJ, profiles on the villains, talking about spider-man, etc). Then in the last small waiting room, is the mechanics room before you ride your company vehicle. Perhaps the video will show JJ again, the mechanics giving you final safety instructions, information on the company vehicle, when you're seated, and put on your 3d glasses (i forgot what they're supposed to be in the original ride). Now I'd like the vehicles to be different, not reusing the DeLoren. But still keeping the same style with the doors. So instead of speeding to 88 MPH, the vehicles rising up out of the garage will be part of the story. Now your in motion simulator mode, then flight simulator later in the ride. If possible, I'd like to play this ride out with the movie style, not a cartoon. If not, that's okay.

I'm sure water, heat, and cold effects could be done inside the vehicle.

The Marvel Superhero Meet-n-Greet can come out infront of (to the side) of the new Spider-man ride. With a background specifically made for these photo-op meets and for guests to photo-op freely (I think they sorta had this in the lower lot before). Superhero movie props could hang around this plaza area as well.

Change Fear Factor LIVE into a Marvel Stunt show (without it being a musical). It's Marvel Superheroes VS Supervillains! The MARVEL store is right next to the theater anyways. Perhaps the restaurant between the theater and ride could be a Marvel restaurant. But that might be too much MARVEL...

On a final thought, I heard Universal was rumored to install a version of IOA's Spider-man ride rethemed as Van Helsing. I think these links will give you an idea of why they thought it could have worked:
    http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgar.../ar_rides.aspx
    http://www.coaster-net.com/rg/curseofdarkastle.php

Your thoughts? (Nevermind USH already has 2 3D films)
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 04-05-2006 at 09:03 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Merry 2014!

Re: Thought about Spider-man ride in USH

I think that it could possibly turn out to be a disappointment; just like the less that stellar job they did with the Mummy ride. Why risk it?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• C4C6C

Universal never sold the property to Gibson. Gibson just has a ten year deal with Universal to have their name on the amphitheater. More from Gibson website at http://www.gibson.com/Products/Place...0Amphitheatre/.

Also, NBC would use the amphitheater to there advantage to hold NBC related events at USH, Citywalk, and the Amphitheater.

• Drunk On Disney

I hope that BTTF stays for another 20 years. I still think it is an awesome show. Waterworld, on the other hand is very cool, but would be a fine candidate for replacement.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

One big change with the amphitheatre though, has been that the Tram Guide no longers "advertises" the upcoming shows/events at the amphitheatre like they used to. As the Tram would stop to get "one final look at the SF Valley", the Guide would (used to) give a spiel about what was happening at the amphitheatre. Now that it is Gibson, they no longer do that and in fact, they won't even answer any questions about what is showing there. A few weeks ago, while enjoying our day at USH, we finished up with the Tram tour and my son wanted to know who's tour buses were parked to the rear of the amphitheatre and what show was scheduled for that night. All that the Tram Guide would say is that the amphitheatre was no longer a part of USH and that we would have to go to their box office to find out who was performing.

Blog Entries

Even though the Mummy ride is not as good as the one USF, it is still fun at USH and a good addition to the park. I would love it if they put in Spiderman and love it even more if they put in Men in Black.

• white and nerdy

All I can say is that the Spiderman ride is, in my opinion, the best attraction in Orlando... and I LOVE Disney World.

If they get one in USH, I might have an excuse to go again.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    Even though the Mummy ride is not as good as the one USF, it is still fun at USH and a good addition to the park. I would love it if they put in Spiderman and love it even more if they put in Men in Black.

Great avatar pic!

That must be on one of the sectional escalators at USH???

We watched that being built years ago with the major expansion and addition of the lower lot (RIP burning house and Battlestar Gallactica).

We miss the candy cane stripes that they used to put on it during christmas time.

Thumbs up!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    I agree mummy is an okay ride. Personally, I prefer Spider-man.

I think a Men in Black or Halo interactive ride can fit in USH (I say Halo because Universal is making a movie based on that game with Peter Jackson as producer). I think the ride building could take up where the Lucy tribute, backdraft queue, panada express, mummy shop, and restrooms are. I think it's stupid how there's a whole Panada Express in the lower lot. They were selling PE already in Jurassic Cafe. In fact, they have room upstairs of the Jurassic complex to put PE. Anyways, the restrooms and shop could probably stay, but the rest of the mentioned area could be built with an underground level and/or 2nd story level (probably making a 2-3 story ride building). I think making only one ride track is okay, considering how the ride will be redesigned. But if there is enough room, 2 ride tracks might be possible. So this MIB or Halo ride can be here. Or if they design it right, they could probably put Cat in the Hat or some other ride in as well.

^ That was just a quick thought.

Oh, and probably redress Backdraft into a War of the Worlds attraction...

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Actually, maybe put War of the Worlds in the empty restaurant next to Van Helsing. Then put the SFX stage in the Wild Wild West. Could still keep the western sets on the walkway. Then demo Backdraft and current SFX stage for a new attraction.

Anyone know what to do with Coke Corner and the random carnival games they got there? I think this area could be better used for something else. But at the same time I'd still like to get that view of San Fernado Valley.

-Jurassic Park

• Banned User

hey.. wasn't War of the Worlds mostly Paramount owned.. (Steven speilberg did it though right? they could get away with that... like MIB...)

Lower lot get a ride.. might work... isn't there some land on the upper lot near T2?

• Circle of Ancients

I think I've posted this before ... but Spiderman would not fit in any of the buildings that USH currently uses for attractions. The ride is just TOO big.

If you look at satellite images of the ride building at USF you will see that both the Spiderman and MIB buildings are about twice the size of any of the USH buildings.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Thought about Spider-man ride in USH

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I think I've posted this before ... but Spiderman would not fit in any of the buildings that USH currently uses for attractions. The ride is just TOO big.

If you look at satellite images of the ride building at USF you will see that both the Spiderman and MIB buildings are about twice the size of any of the USH buildings.
    Bummer, I guess if they were to build either it would have to be scaled down version like we are used to here in CA or build an enitrely new building.

I guess what I really want is USF, USH and IOA to all be in SoCal!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Don't get me wrong ... there ARE buildings big enough at USH ... they just aren't alotted for theme park use and I HIGHLY doubt the studio will be giving them up anytime soon.