Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Lord of the Ribs

What cracks me up about the Atlantis ride is the storyline, or whatever you call it. After you go down the first drop and loop back towards the tower, that creepy disembodied voice says something that I swear sounds like "you posess a truly erotic spirit." Whaaaa?

Truly weird.

And I was there the day they knocked down the old HP restaurant. I don't know what they have planned for that corner of the park, but if I had my way they'd use it for something like the Makahiki Luau they have in Florida. Right next to the water with a view of Mission Bay.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• Banned User

they can make a thrilling educational ride... but not an educational marine attraction..... (turn up the speekers.... heck they need to do that on Orlando's... it is in need of a rehab... to make our story easier to follow too.....)

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
    "you posess a truly erotic spirit."
    How does this voice know that... :devil:

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    How does this voice know that... :devil:
    Well, my name *is* Bon...aw, never mind. I think she actually says "heroic", but at my age, I'll take either.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Well, my name *is* Bon...aw, never mind. I think she actually says "heroic", but at my age, I'll take either.

Unfortunately for some posters, she does say "heroic." That is also the part where you need people in line to fire the water cannons at you.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    Unfortunately for some posters, she does say "heroic." That is also the part where you need people in line to fire the water cannons at you.
    Now that's funny. I've seen the machines there but nobody ever uses them, unlike the ones over at Rapids which get constant use.

And as long as I'm ranting, what's with the door to the elevator? It has never worked. You sit there staring at the inside of the elevator while the voice drones on about something and water splashes around the car.

At least the Commerson's are back. They're like big underwater puppy dogs.

• I Hug My Tapirs

And as long as I'm ranting, what's with the door to the elevator? It has never worked. You sit there staring at the inside of the elevator while the voice drones on about something and water splashes around the car.
    I have no idea what that's all about... ever since employee previews, it's been that way.

At least the Commerson's are back. They're like big underwater puppy dogs.

From my time spent watching them, I think they're the ones who posess the erotic spirit.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• DL Fanatic

Another rant I have is that I can't understand what the mighty voice is saying when the water starts to flood in. The echo is "too" good.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Halo FrEaK

About journey to atlantis is was ok not that fun. They had good splashes but not very good story. i was there last febuary and the ride got stuck going up the ramp. on top of waiting 2 hours to ride i got stuck during the ride for 40 min.
    x_Stanimal_x

• I Hug My Tapirs

Yeah, JTA has a lot of breakdowns. When friends come to town, I always advise them to do it early in the day to avoid crowds... and just in case it breaks down and doesn't reopen that day. LOL
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• DL Fanatic

I went for a mic test and noticed that there was some filming being done in the "tide pool" aquarium. Any idea what or why they were filming. I was quickly reshuffled to Aquarium de la Mer after it was realized.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    SeaWorld had its first run thru of the new show "Deep Deep Trouble", the new Sea Lion and Otter show on Thursday... (I placed some new photos in my album this week)

Passholders will get special previews on March 17th and 18th (check your mailbox)... it is going to be a busy few days, as other parks plan to have openings the same weekend....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Ooooo, glad i just became a passholder.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• e komo mai

I have not been to Sea World in ages. The last time I was there they had just opened a Star Tours-esque ride where you go down in a submarine or something. I just remember being sprayed with water at the end.
    I should go back.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    I went for a mic test and noticed that there was some filming being done in the "tide pool" aquarium. Any idea what or why they were filming. I was quickly reshuffled to Aquarium de la Mer after it was realized.
    They were doing some filming today, too. I think it's just general promotional stuff.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    SeaWorld had its first run thru of the new show "Deep Deep Trouble", the new Sea Lion and Otter show on Thursday... (I placed some new photos in my album this week)

Passholders will get special previews on March 17th and 18th (check your mailbox)... it is going to be a busy few days, as other parks plan to have openings the same weekend....
    I'm guessing from the photos that they were closed to the public? Because it sounds like they're going to have "soft-opening"-like showings in March. They said that the rehearsals would probably be open to the public, starting in March. I'm guessing it would be very hit-or-miss, though, much like the Snow White tests at DL.

On a side note, JTA is back open!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast