Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    You're supposed to get wet. It's supposed to symbolize your "baptism" into becoming an Atlantean hero.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    My main gripe about JTA is the waterfall on the first drop. When we went on January it was 'supposed' to turn off before we went under. Well ... it didn't. Me and the kids were SOAKED!!!
    LOL - I wonder if it has the same setup as Shipwreck does. On SR the person at tower 3 can override the automatic shutoff if they want to. It takes planning in advance, hitting the button requires a few seconds of work to get to it. But there have been times where people beg us to leave it on, lol or if there is a group that is not following the rules (standing up, switching seats, etc) and not listening to the people in the first two towers they may call T3 and tell that person to soak whatever boat number you are in. Now THAT is a way to get soaked! The water goes up to about your ankles and everybody is 100% soaked - that is how much water going on there. Oh ya, if you have a person that works at the ride on your boat there is a good chance you are going to get it also.

BUT you have to had the right combo of people both in T3 and the control booth (the tower at the loading area) AND on the platform. Because we were not really supposed to do this, lol - as "it got the guests TOO wet". And we could get in trouble if we were caught doing it - even if we were caught with the door open to the panel with the button. But in all my time there nobody ever did get in trouble for doing it.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    LOL - I wonder if it has the same setup as Shipwreck does. On SR the person at tower 3 can override the automatic shutoff if they want to.
    It's similar, yup, according to one of my friends who works over at JTA. I'm not sure exactly how involved the process is, but they can have it entirely off, on and then shutting off when the boats approach, or entirely on.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    any ideas what they'll be adding after the Sea Lion show?
    April, 2006 will see the debut of the new Shamu show.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

Ok.. so what i haer is that the dolphin show at SWO is getting repalced.. then Shamu will get redone.... (SWO's seal show is not that olde if i remember... and too popular to change.. but Shamu hasn't changed much over the years i think...)

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Ok.. so what i haer is that the dolphin show at SWO is getting repalced.. then Shamu will get redone.... (SWO's seal show is not that olde if i remember... and too popular to change.. but Shamu hasn't changed much over the years i think...)
    Right, Orlando is getting a new dolphin show, tentatively called Blue Horizons as I hear. My guess is that the Shamu show debuting next year will be at least at both SWF and SWC, essentially the same show, as with Shamu Adventure, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    LOL - I wonder if it has the same setup as Shipwreck does. On SR the person at tower 3 can override the automatic shutoff if they want to. It takes planning in advance, hitting the button requires a few seconds of work to get to it. But there have been times where people beg us to leave it on, lol or if there is a group that is not following the rules (standing up, switching seats, etc) and not listening to the people in the first two towers they may call T3 and tell that person to soak whatever boat number you are in. Now THAT is a way to get soaked! The water goes up to about your ankles and everybody is 100% soaked - that is how much water going on there. Oh ya, if you have a person that works at the ride on your boat there is a good chance you are going to get it also.

BUT you have to had the right combo of people both in T3 and the control booth (the tower at the loading area) AND on the platform. Because we were not really supposed to do this, lol - as "it got the guests TOO wet". And we could get in trouble if we were caught doing it - even if we were caught with the door open to the panel with the button. But in all my time there nobody ever did get in trouble for doing it.
    wait a minute

your telling me that the waterfall is supposed to shut OFF on shipwreck? :confused: that explains sooo much my first time on that ride my family had mostly managed to avoid getting wet and then we go through that waterfall nice and slowly o_o we were soaked horridly, but it was the summer so it all turned out ok

I guess that explains why I don't remeber the waterfall soaking us all when we went last year in november, of course I still got soaked horridly, it had gotten my cousin and my mom a little and I was laughing at them and then a big wave came up over my head and totaly drenched me

I had sogy shoes the rest of the time there and my feet got all wrinkled but I was fine (yeah I'm insane enough to do those water rides in the winter, you Californians don't know what cold is )

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    really?

I thought that Orlando still used that one Jungle show? (or am I thinking of ANOTHER Sea World)

what's the new show's theme anyways?

anything's better then Fool's with tools I suppose, it was too much on the actors and not enough on the Sea Lions and november of last year (or I guess it was two years ago now o_o) the sets were all horridly faded, it was a bit cheesy too

I remeber the Jungle show as a kid (or Tween?) and I liked it alot better

those Sea Lions are some of my favorate animals

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    wait a minute

your telling me that the waterfall is supposed to shut OFF on shipwreck? :confused: that explains sooo much my first time on that ride my family had mostly managed to avoid getting wet and then we go through that waterfall nice and slowly o_o we were soaked horridly, but it was the summer so it all turned out ok

I guess that explains why I don't remeber the waterfall soaking us all when we went last year in november, of course I still got soaked horridly, it had gotten my cousin and my mom a little and I was laughing at them and then a big wave came up over my head and totaly drenched me

I had sogy shoes the rest of the time there and my feet got all wrinkled but I was fine (yeah I'm insane enough to do those water rides in the winter, you Californians don't know what cold is )
    lol - it depends on how you hit the waterfall.

Where the water comes out is curved with the highest point in the middle and the lower points at the sides - and if you are looking at the waterfall the side on the left is lower than the side on the right (so more water will flow from the left).

When you are in the area of where the sensor is for the pictures three is also a sensor for the waterfall. If your boat goes thru on the left side you have a better chance of getting wet. If you happen to spin thru the middle you may not get wet at all from the waterfall. If you stand on the bridge in the restaurant area you will be able to see the patterns - but will still have no way to control things when you are on the boat.

It is not uncommon for people to get off the ride and be dry. There are so many variables to this, lol. I used to be quite good in guessing who was going to get wet when I was in the towers.

• Circle of Ancients

I have never been on ShipWreck and had the waterfall turn off.

Of course, it's been about 3 years since I have been on it because we used to get SOAKED every single time and while it's a great ride, it's not so great that I want to have to change my, and the kids clothes every time we ride it.

• Banned User

SWO has a pirate theme for the Clode & semore show.... (escape from Pirate Island)

The dolphin show was a keywest theme...(thought it probably will tie in with it while being a new show...

shamu is just the same as i remember it.... olde...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I have never been on ShipWreck and had the waterfall turn off.
    Well - I should add that it does not completely stop flowing water, when you get to a point it does shut off - but there is still water flowing when the boat goes thru it. Stand on the bridge in the restaurant and you will get a good idea of what it does, its a great place to stand to see the reaction of people when they see it, lol.

• Banned User

one of the newest things at sea world is me! i just got a job there for the summer.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    one of the newest things at sea world is me! i just got a job there for the summer.
    Cool!! What area are you working in??

• Banned User

i'm in the Entertainment Department.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast