• Defying Gravity

Busch Gardens Tampa

I have lookes for threads on this park but did not really find any.

My husband and I will be visiting this park for a day on our Florida trip in may, and any kind of tips and hints would be nice. Where to eat, what we should not waste time on stuff like that. We have no kids, love thrills and are not on a tight budget, but we do only have one day there.

So fire away.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• Happy Memories

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa

You should have no trouble at all taking in this park in one day. The coasters are all good, but since it's very new and very popular I would hit Sheikra first thing in the morning before a long line forms. Montu and Kumba are among the best coatsters I've ever read so they are deffinitely not to be missed. MoRockin Roll (or whatever lame show is currently in that theater) is totally skipable. It's nothing more than a bunch of local American Idol wannabes singing well known tunes with simple choereography. The newer African themed show (can't remember what it's called at the moment) is quite good as theme park shows go, show if you're looking for a break from the heat that's a good option. The 3-D theater is a must avoid. Mediocre film with barely any effects.

That's all I've got off the top of my head, but perhaps I'll be back later with more. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm a Busch AP, so i'm pretty familiar with the place.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I used to live literally 10 minutes from Busch Gardens. I really should get one of those Fun Cards so I can go a handful of times this year when a boring weekend rolls around. I want to ride Sheikra so bad! And I agree Montu & Jumba are awesome coasters. Gwazi is a great too! It's a wooden "dueling" coaster.

• Banned User

You should go to the park in the begging of the week. Don't go on a Friday because we have school field trip come in and take over the park.
    There is a baby gorilla and a new 4D attraction.
    Pirates 4-D - a swashbuckling 4-D comedy adventure for the entire family - invades the Timbuktu Theater. Pirates 4-D, starring Leslie Nielsen, combines the latest 4-D special-effects technology with multi-sensory theater effects to thrill guests of all ages. Guests experience sprays of water and a shipload of surprises during their adventure with the sea's most hapless band of pirates
    KaTonga takes you on a journey to the heart of Africa in a 35-minute musical celebration of animal folklore. The show follows a day in the lives of aspiring storytellers, called Griots, as they strive to become masters of their craft. To accomplish this rite of passage, the performers evoke traditional African stories that mesmerize and entertain. Masterful puppet design, magical folklore, energetic original music, and spectacular African-inspired dance combine to create the first theme park show of Broadway-production caliber.

Crown Colony RestaurantFull-Service Family-Style Dining Overlooking The Serengeti Plain
    Desert GrillGreat Food and a Musical Entertainment Revue
    Zagora Café Breakfast 10:30, Burgers and Sizzling Fresh Fajita Wraps I work here
    Zambia SmokehouseGreat Tasting BBQ
    ViVi RestaurantSandwiches and Salads In the Shade
    Crown Colony CaféCasual Cuisine in a Cozy

SheiKra carries riders up 200 feet at 45 degrees, then hurtles them 70 mph back toward the ground at a 90-degree angle. It is the first coaster of its kind in the Americas and only the third in the world.

SheiKra is the first dive coaster to incorporate an Immelmann loop, a water feature, and a second 90-degree 138-foot drop through an underground tunnel. SheiKra also includes a 360-degree climbing carousel. 3,188 feet of steel track offers a total ride time of just over three minutes. You must be 54 inches tall to ride SheiKra and other safety restrictions may apply.

Challenge the crazy curves and hairpin turns of Cheetah Chase. This five-story family coaster takes you on an adventure in the heart of exotic Timbuktu. You must be 46 inches tall and at least 6 years old to ride Cheetah Chase. Other safety restrictions may apply.

It's big name acts every Saturday in May at the All-New May Michelob Musicfest. Don't miss food, fun, ice-cold michelob and rockin' music. It's one incredible festival.

Lee Ann Womack - May 6
    Kansas - May 13
    Sawyer Brown - May 20
    Kenny Rogers - May 27
    All concerts are in Gwazi Park and are included with daily general

• Banned User

hey.. how did i miss this thead??

someones coming to BGT?? ooo!

Montu: best.. Kumba: little rough but ride it!.. Sheikra: I road it once.. maybe again in a long time.. lol i loved it.. but not that much.. whatever eeyore said makes sence... than again it has been what 6 months since my last visit?? (borrows car for a quick trip.. lol)

• Defying Gravity

Typical, we are going on a friday.... And there is no way of moving anything around. darn it.

Where should we eat lunch? Where will all the school kids NOT go to eat?, we dont have time to leave the park and are prepared for overpriced meals, but wich are the best overpriced meals?
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• Banned User

Crown Colony RestaurantFull-Service Family-Style Dining Overlooking The Serengeti Plain

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    Mom, we never ait there.. lol how do we know if its the best.. wait.. it's the only sit down.. never mind..

dont worry about the kids... just um.. run to get your space in line for what ride you really want to ride first.. or ride them in the later hours...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Don't miss food, fun, ice-cold michelob and rockin' music. It's one incredible festival.

Lee Ann Womack - May 6
    Kansas - May 13
    Sawyer Brown - May 20
    Kenny Rogers - May 27
    Rockin'? Those are all country artists.... except for Kansas.