Thread: Sea World

• Banned User

Question Sea World

I'm going tomorrow to take advantage of the "buy a day get the rest of 2006 free" thing. I'm just checking but.. the park is dead right now right? No new Believe show yet, nothing special going on? Kinda sucky time to go but I want the AP.

• Life is Great!

Re: Sea World

when we went last week it was a nice crowd, due to spring break it ciuld be crowded. but the deal is worth it! we got 2 for us adults and then we will get max a real silver passport so we also have the free parking. hope you have fun!
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Circle of Ancients

With Spring Break it could be kind of busy ... just make sure you get to the Shamu show EARLY. The temporary seating area isn't very big.

Have fun!!!

• Former Epcot CM

I'm assuming this is the Californian SeaWorld... cos you guys don't live in Florida. *blush*
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Good for you! If it's busy, what difference does it make, you can go back every other day in 2006! Wish I could do this. Hmmm....renew my Mickey passes, or get shamu passes......I'll have to ponder this one

• All you need is LOVE

I want the pass too i need to go is it only this month ?

• Circle of Ancients

^ Their website doesn't say when it ends, oddly enough. But I do believe originally it was until the end of april.

SeaWorld San Diego Fun Card

Blackout Dates Apply: May 28 and September 3, 2006
    Fun Card is valid for admission only at SeaWorld San Diego and is non-transferable.
    Fun Card is not valid for parking, food, merchandise, or guest discounts.
    Not valid with any another discount, special event or special pricing.
    Fun Card expires December 31, 2006.
    Honestly, for us, a MUCH better option is the Platinum passport with EZ-pay. Basically it allows you to pay for your passport on a monthly basis instead of all at once.

They have two options other than the FUN Card:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/store...sp?dept_id=201

Silver Passport: (Adults: $7.41 per month or $89 annually)

SeaWorld San Diego Silver Passport

The Silver Passport allows unlimited visits for one year, free parking, in-park benefits and much more at SeaWorld San Diego!

SeaWorld San Diego benefits:
    UNLIMITED One-year Admission
    FREE general parking
    20% SAVINGS on guest admission and guided tours
    10% SAVINGS on food; exclusive pricing on bottled water and Passport souvenir cup refills and merchandise
    SAVINGS on rides, education courses, birthday parties, sleepovers and summer camps
    SAVINGS on the Dolphin Interaction Program and Trainer for a Day (Jan-May; Sept-Dec only)
    EXCLUSIVE events and previews

Participating Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks:
    SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Antonio, Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Sesame Place (PA), Adventure Island (FL) and Water Country USA (VA) 50% SAVINGS* on admission to participating Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks for SeaWorld San Diego Passport member only. (Excluding Discovery Cove)
    Platinum Passport: (Adults $12.25 per month or $147 annually)

The Platinum Passport is a premier one-year membership that offers free preferred parking and rides, reserve seating, bonus admission and guest seating ticket for friends and family, free admission to other Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks* and much more!

SeaWorld San Diego benefits:
    UNLIMITED One-year Admission to SeaWorld San Diego
    One FREE Bonus admission ticket and guest seating ticket (valid at SeaWorld San Diego only)
    EXCLUSIVE lanyard
    FREE Preferred parking (when available)
    FREE general parking
    FREE ride on the Skytower and Skyride
    RESERVED SEATING at all shows and front-of-the-line privileges at Mission Bay Theater
    20% SAVINGS on guest admission and guided tours
    10% SAVINGS on food; exclusive pricing on bottled water and Passport souvenir cup refills and merchandise
    SAVINGS on the Dolphin Interaction Program and Trainer for a Day (Jan-May; Sept-Dec only)
    SAVINGS on education courses, birthday parties, sleepovers and summer camps
    EXCLUSIVE events and previews

Participating Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks:

SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Antonio, Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Sesame Place (PA), Adventure Island (FL) and Water Country USA (VA)
    FREE* admission to participating Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks
    10% SAVINGS* on food and merchandise at participating Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks
    DISCOUNTED* ($30 off) admission at Discovery Cove (FL). (Does not include discounts on food and merchandise, reserved seating, preferred parking, etc.)
    We like the platinum because we can sign up for all of the shows we want to see in the morning and not have to worry about arriving 30 - 45 minutes early just to get a decent seat. And the seats they have are the best. It also gives you free rides on the Skyride and Skytower. You also get 1 free friend ticket per pass which equates to about $80 since you get the ticket and a preferred seating pass.

Also it gives us FREE admission to all other SW and Busch parks. This means during the WDW trip we can sneak over to SWO and it won't cost us anything.

The EZ pay really makes it an easy decision, at least for us.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 04-12-2006 at 02:19 PM.

• love my friends

Love sea world havent been for about a year.. have fun

Friends for life

• Disney boy at heart ;)

Sea world is currently doing thier "Spring into Night" gig that they started last year. The exact dates for it are april 8-23 &29, May 6, 13 & 20. I went on tuesday night and went to watch thier new dolphin night show called ignight, not sure if it is temporary or if they are going to also be showing it during the summer months. I went on a very un-lucky night, they had to stop the show in the middle of it because the dolphins were not responding to the trainers at all. One of the trainers actually got on the mic and apologized to the audience and told everyone that one of the pilot whales was sick and that the dolphins did not want to preform because of it. I was shocked!!! I work for the education department and in my 4 years thier I have never ever heard a trainer announce to the audience that one of its animals was sick. We have to keep those sort of things hush hush so we don't ruin peoples experiences at the park. But anywho, the shamu stadium is currently open for the spring break period to hold the crowds, the stage looks preety cheesy for the new show but I won't pass judgement till they are fully completed with the construction. They are putting new bathrooms over behind the pets rule stadium and wild artic walkway, which is wonderful since it is near the JTA ride, the stage for the summer nights show looks to be the same as last year, penguin is still closed and being refurbished as well, I will try to post pics of the new stadium soon.

• Banned User

I went and I had fun, I will post pictures later when I'm on a computer (am on my sidekick phone).

• no flash photography...

I went the last week of march and it was really busy. Thankfully we had reserved seating for all the shows. We still did everything in one day. The were using the large show area for shamu when we went. It looked like it was still being costructed. A large crane was in the background and they really didn't use the stage area.

I'm glad you had fun...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ Their website doesn't say when it ends, oddly enough. But I do believe originally it was until the end of april.

Honestly, for us, a MUCH better option is the Platinum passport with EZ-pay. Basically it allows you to pay for your passport on a monthly basis instead of all at once.

They have two options other than the FUN Card:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/store...sp?dept_id=201

Silver Passport: (Adults: $7.41 per month or $89 annually)

Platinum Passport: (Adults $12.25 per month or $147 annually)

We like the platinum because we can sign up for all of the shows we want to see in the morning and not have to worry about arriving 30 - 45 minutes early just to get a decent seat. And the seats they have are the best. It also gives you free rides on the Skyride and Skytower. You also get 1 free friend ticket per pass which equates to about $80 since you get the ticket and a preferred seating pass.

Also it gives us FREE admission to all other SW and Busch parks. This means during the WDW trip we can sneak over to SWO and it won't cost us anything.

The EZ pay really makes it an easy decision, at least for us.
    Go to BGT.. it's free.. lol
    (digs out Family and friends Employee pass for same stuff.. just less benifits..)

Get at least the fun card.. its a great deal...

• Minion

me and my boyfriend have passes

we went in february (i took over 300 pictures )

we're gonna be going a lot this summer

i love the whales

• Banned User

this reminds me, I havn't been to SWO in ages.. and they are working on the new show and a few new kiddy rides as well... wonder when should i go and take photos of the work going on?