Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have any info/video of Revenge of the Mummy?

I haven't been able to ride it, but the darn thing is peaking my interest. Does anyone know a place where I could find pictures/videos/inside info? Sigh... I know lame.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone have any info/video of Revenge of the Mummy?

i don't know where you'll find info....

imho, the ride's pretty good. i'd rather have E.T. there, but that's just me. did you check out Universal Studios Hollywood's website? they may have some info.

• Just Me

I never went on ET. They were still planning it the first time I went and it was long gone when I went a couple of weeks ago. I will say we really enjoyed it. IT was a bit on the short side, but it was still neat. The Boy really liked it, we had to go on it twice in a row (with front of line passes).

• Practically Perfect

here's the official site. I got to go on it last summer in California, and it was okay. The atmosphere is REALLY cool, but I wasn't too thrilled with the ride itself. I guess I was expecting a big drop or something, and it's not that kind of ride. I guess just go into with an open mind and enjoy! I hope you get to go soon!

• Rawr...

here's the official site. I got to go on it last summer in California, and it was okay. The atmosphere is REALLY cool, but I wasn't too thrilled with the ride itself. I guess I was expecting a big drop or something, and it's not that kind of ride. I guess just go into with an open mind and enjoy! I hope you get to go soon!
    And that one kid next to you got sick and had to have big boy drammamiene..... ugh...
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

ET is still at the park in Orlando.

Blog Entries

I haven't visited Universal in Orlando since I was around 12. ET is the only ride that I really remember. It was a wonderful ride. The queu was probably as good as the ride was.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    I will say we really enjoyed it. IT was a bit on the short side, but it was still neat.
    Definetly SHORT IMO. Luckily when I went over a year ago there was no line because it was a Monday. But damn I would have been pissed off if I wanted an hour+ for a minute or two ride that you can't even see anything. They definetly should have made it longer!

• Shablagoo!

Hmm, It sounds like the Hollywood version is not too good. I've been on the Orlando one and it definitely lasted longer than 2 minutes. It has some great theming and a nice queue. I thought there was some good animatronics on it as well (not as nice as some of Disney's latest, but still good). I rode it 6 times cause it was a low crowd day.

• I can't stand you.

I was kind of let down after riding the one at USH I just remember all the hype when it first opened it was all over the news and now I just rode it last weekend and it was realllllly short. It was still really cool though the line was only 10 minutes so it wasn't that bad I just wish it was longer

Well the ride starts off really cool. There is like a room and a half with skeleton hands coming out of the cieling and an AA, but once you zoom into the actual ride, it is kinda like a cross between Indy and Space MT in complete darkness with lame blacklight mummy cut outs standing over the track. My impression was kinda like "weeee?" Not realy a rollercoaster because the lack of movement allowed in the soundstage, and not enough theming to be a darkride....and yes it is SHORT. Short and the line moves slow. Because they crammed a ride like this into a premade soundstage, and it features backwards and fowards movement, they can only fit one car on the track. So you are looking at one car of about 16 people being loaded up, seatbelts checked, going on the minute-long ride, then being unloaded. Basically 16 people per 2 minutes.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I went on the Orlando version first and it is much better than the Hollywood version. That said, the one in Orlando is my all-time favorite ride anywhere! It is awesome. I would describe it as kind of an advanced Indy with a rollercoaster part.

• decorating

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrossedragon
    I haven't been able to ride it, but the darn thing is peaking my interest. Does anyone know a place where I could find pictures/videos/inside info? Sigh... I know lame.
    I thought it was way too short. But the part wher its actually going is good.

Hollywood (middle of page)

Florida (middle of page)

Both regular and nightshot! There are other great Universal videos on this site. Rather strange (and offensive to some perhaps) domain name.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    Unfortunately, I went on the Orlando version first and it is much better than the Hollywood version. That said, the one in Orlando is my all-time favorite ride anywhere! It is awesome. I would describe it as kind of an advanced Indy with a rollercoaster part.
    Personally, I think Indy is much better. It's much more detailed and themed, and the story is more sensible. Also, there are much more special effects on Indy than on RotM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast