• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Replacment for Terminator @ USH.

I came up with an idea of what should replace Terminator 3d at universal studios hollywood, Theme it to War of the Worlds. I came up with the idea of having extremely bright strobe lights for the lightning hitting the ground and also have bolts of lightning on the screen then have the big tripods come out of the ground and have blue lights attached to them and shine them through the audience and have the guests seats vibrate to indicate that they got zapped, then have the usual strobe lights flashing to indicate explsoins, gunfire or whatever and then through in some fog effects, and have the actors on stage along with the movie on the screen. in the waiting room when you first enter they should have a bunch of fake trees covered in the red blood roots all over the trees and have the sound of the tripods in the distance.

let me know what you think. or share your own ideas!
    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 04-26-2006 at 06:38 AM.

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Replacment for Terminator @ USH.

Interesting... not sure if it is plausable. Not sure if I made sense there.

For me, I was thinking of replacing Backdraft with War of the Worlds. Redo the 2nd theater room as a set engulfed with the red vines. I also thought, maybe use the 2 theaters and redo them as queue space.

I'm sure you get the picture of what the main show would be. Mix of Backdraft and Twister, and all the usual Universal SFX. Maybe have a couple live actors similar to what they do in the Universal Park in (I think) Spain. So actors are walking around, all of a sudden the lighting strikes in the pier/dock/street intersection set. Actors look at the ground, shaking happens, they leave, big tripod comes out of the ground and attacks with laser/special lighting to zap at cars and buildings. Fire erupts in the water pit that separates guests and the set. Finally tripod zaps at your direction, you drop, water splashes, fire explosion.

Yeah...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Interesting... not sure if it is plausable. Not sure if I made sense there.

For me, I was thinking of replacing Backdraft with War of the Worlds. Redo the 2nd theater room as a set engulfed with the red vines. I also thought, maybe use the 2 theaters and redo them as queue space.

I'm sure you get the picture of what the main show would be. Mix of Backdraft and Twister, and all the usual Universal SFX. Maybe have a couple live actors similar to what they do in the Universal Park in (I think) Spain. So actors are walking around, all of a sudden the lighting strikes in the pier/dock/street intersection set. Actors look at the ground, shaking happens, they leave, big tripod comes out of the ground and attacks with laser/special lighting to zap at cars and buildings. Fire erupts in the water pit that separates guests and the set. Finally tripod zaps at your direction, you drop, water splashes, fire explosion.

Yeah...
    That is also a great idea, I don't really care for Backdraft anymore, that would actually be the more appropriate attraction to replace.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm not a big fan of Terminator but I don't think WOTW is the answer. The movie sucked.

I like Backdraft and it's still popular ... it should stay too.

• Diamond In The Rough

Keep Terminator - it's a great show in both Universal parks - just tweak it a bit. Drop the "2" and maybe add an appearance by the TX to keep it fresh.

A WotW experience would be great, but it might fit in better at USF if they use the majority of EarthQuake's main ride section...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• FastPass n00b

If they took out T2: 3D for that Tom Cruise laden filth, it would not be a pleasant thing. T2 is one of the best, if not THE best, 3D film around. It's one of the few 3D films that actually relies on something more than 3D technology and cheap in-theater tricks. The live actors blending seamlessly into the film and the other surprises make this one incredible attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    If they took out T2: 3D for that Tom Cruise laden filth, it would not be a pleasant thing. T2 is one of the best, if not THE best, 3D film around. It's one of the few 3D films that actually relies on something more than 3D technology and cheap in-theater tricks. The live actors blending seamlessly into the film and the other surprises make this one incredible attraction.
    ehhhh...have to disagree. I love Tough to be a Bug and even Honey I Shrunk the Audience more. I had seen these both, then went to see T2:3D and was dissapointed. In my opinion, the 3D works better if everything remains real sized. But T2 mixes realsize with movie and the blend doesn't work for me. When it is movie sized, it is just a movie that has FX coming out at you, but if it is real sized it looks like a real enviorment with real things coming at you. I love the blend of live actors and screen, just wish theyd redo the film to make the action reality sized.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    Keep Terminator - it's a great show in both Universal parks - just tweak it a bit. Drop the "2" and maybe add an appearance by the TX to keep it fresh.

A WotW experience would be great, but it might fit in better at USF if they use the majority of EarthQuake's main ride section...
    Agreed. But I don't understand what you're talking about using the majority of Earthquake's main ride section. I've only been to USF once.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Agreed. But I don't understand what you're talking about using the majority of Earthquake's main ride section. I've only been to USF once.
    The main part of Eearthquake (the subway ride when the earthquake starts) is too cool to lose completey - just re-jig it to simulate a tripod rising/attacking. There's a lot of space currently taken up by Earthquake's lame pre-show (Heston's vid, the green screen demo etc) that could be put to better use with a WotW theme.

Just my 2 cents.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

I would like to see a dark ride based on the Universal Monsters of old. That way during Holloween they could really spruce it up for that time frame.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by lyd
    I would like to see a dark ride based on the Universal Monsters of old. That way during Holloween they could really spruce it up for that time frame.
    I was thinking if the Van Helsing finally gets done and over with, they could put the Monsters of old in there for a new maze. OR get theme park rights to more recent movie monsters (chucky, jason voorhees, freddy krueger, etc) and put them in the maze. Then call the maze "Spook Central".

-Jurassic Park