• Know More Than You Should

Post Universal Photo Tour

Hey guys! I got back from Universal a few hours ago, and of course I've taken plenty of photos for you guys. Keep in mind that I'm not Al or Evil Minion here, but I did my best. There are quite a few photos however, so you may have to wait a little for all of them to load. Enjoy!

Well, after getting to Universal (and finnaly finding a parking space) the first thing I noticed from the park was a talking animatronic Donkey. I speak of course of the talking Donkey from Shrek. It took me a minute to notice however that Donkey wasn't just talking, but was in fact talking with the kids next to him. Think of Turtle Talk with Crush and you have the right idea.

When I passed by the cart again later it was closed and there was a sign saying "Donkey will be back at 3:00".

However, I passed by agin at three only to find that the sign now said "Donkey will be back at 4:00". Passing by agin at four, the sign now read "Donkey will be back at 5:00". My goodness! I had been so impressed with the figure and now they were messing with me. Coming back a few hours later, the sign simply said "Donkey will be back tomorrow morning".

For my first attraction I swung by Back to the Future, the Ride, which I had never been on, despite being a big fan of the movies. The ride was ok, but it was easy to see the edges of the projection screen, and the projection was rather faded, which hurt the effect. This really cant compare to Star Tours over at Disneyland.

Speaking of Back to the Future, the former "Time Traveler's Depot" was under construction, to become "Studio Styles".

And so, having come back to my own time, I headed down to the lower lot. The new Mummy attraction was certainly reeling them in.

I also got a good shot of the area.

So now of course, it was time for me to head over to the big ride of the park, the Studio Tour. Now I've been to Universal before of course, so I'm no stranger to the tour, although a few things cought my fancy.

Among the specials of course was the street where they shoot Desperate Housewives.

As I mentioned before, I'm a big BttF fan, so I couldn't miss a shot of the clock tower.

And then of course the styrafoam mountain that would be Whoovile.

And of course, featured was the wreakage from the upcoming War of the Worlds that Al has showed us in numerous updates.

I wouldn't want to have the job of cleaning up that mess. Of course, they'll probably keep that there for years to come. I also got a closing shot of the valley near the end.

These days Universal is just giving tickets away. "Buy a day get a year free". The tickets we had were comped simply beacuse it had been raining when a few friends of mine had gone. Can you imagine Disney giving away free tickets because of rain? I'm sure stranger things have happened. I wonder how they make their money...

Now one of the things I wanted to see at Universal was Water World the most popular show in the park. I was just nearing the entrance for the 3:30 show however when fences blocked my path. The Wiggles, the highest paid Australian entertainers in the world (they made more money last year than Nicole Kidman) had just done a show at the Universal Ampitheater, and the audience was filing out.

Which left all of us waiting to try and enter the theater.

Finally the CMs (or whatever their called) had to let us pass, so they moved the gates in front of the Ampitheater guests and let us through.

And so finnaly I made it into Water World. Man, when they say "You Might Get Wet" they really mean in. As I was walking to get a seat one of the performer sprayed me with a water gun.

They say its the most popular show in the park. I believe it, the place was packed.

Stopping by the candy shop the chefs were busy making fresh treats.

A few interesting attractions also, including the bookstore from Notting Hill and the car from The Bourne Identity.

One of the things I noticed was that on the lower lot they had been setting up for a private party. I forgot about this until later when I was walking back to the parking lot.

What is that? Well, read the sign.

I snapped a few more pics before heading back to the car.

Well, that raps it up for me. Sorry if it took a long time to load. It was also hosted on my site, Carousel of Magic, so hopefully I didn't use up anyone's bandwidth except mine. Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by Club 33; 04-10-2005 at 12:19 AM.

• Banned User

Love the pics!!! Great report!! Always fun to see photos from Universal Hollywood.

One question... who is the anorexic chic in the "Del Corazon" event?? Give that gal a triple cheeseburger from BK!!!

Thanks for sharing!!! Now you go see my photos...ok?

• Race Car Driver

Holy Doodle it looks busy there.... I have 5 day pass to universal orlando as well..... I just found out they extended Mardi Gras! So I will be there...

How is that mummy returns ride??
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Banned User

Nice update.. (They stole the buy a one day ticket.. come back the rest of the year on us from busch Gardens.... But it works to get the crowds to come back...)

I believe theyt make their money in murchandising.. food and parking... Esp sionce the Free AP usually doesn't have discounts or parking added...

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks
    Holy Doodle it looks busy there.... I have 5 day pass to universal orlando as well..... I just found out they extended Mardi Gras! So I will be there...

Didn't go on that one. Not really my kind of ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks
    I actually like the Hollywood version to the one in FL much better for many reasons... It's more compact, has a better show and effects than FL's, you go backwards for a longer time, has a more interesting finale scene, and does not pretent to be like guests walking into a Mummy Soundstage with Brendan asking for his bloody coffee and screaming in a girlie way like FL's... (althought I do like that one EEEK! scene at the end there ). I had posted a very long comparison opinion on another site at the time both rides opened.

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I actually like the Hollywood version to the one in FL much better for many reasons... It's more compact, has a better show and effects than FL's, you go backwards for a longer time, has a more interesting finale scene, and does not pretent to be like guests walking into a Mummy Soundstage with Brendan asking for his bloody coffee and screaming in a girlie way like FL's... (althought I do like that one EEEK! scene at the end there ). I had posted a very long comparison opinion on another site at the time both rides opened.

Thanks for the tip now i have to back to Cali too! LOL
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.