Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Halloween Horror Nights at USH?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/univ..._hollywood.htm

Screamscape had this to say:
    More on this when I find out, but weve heard a rumor that the park may bring back Halloween Horror Nights for a third time this year. Of course this comes with all the hype about it being a R-rated experience but its far to early to say that right now. Anyway, were talking about mazes and two live shows in Waterworld & Fear Factor Live theaters. However, they are not looking at having a Bill & Ted show now.

So what do you think? I say YES!! But where is there room for mazes? Coke Soak is about the only place I can think of.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Halloween Horror Nights at USH?

In the past they had mazes in the soundstages just east of the Special Effects Stage. Also, they had a maze in the parking level just under T2-3D.

When I was a wee lad, I attended the first HHN with the tram tour at night. It was fantastic! After the Battle of Galactica, a 'guest' in the tram stood up and was taking pictures of the Valley. The guide repeatedly would tell the guy to sit down. When he didn't, a monster pulled the guest out of the tram!! (I can't find anything online about it, but I believe this is where someone was killed by being dragged by the tram). They had a police barricade down by the mill warning the tram of someone with a chainsaw on the loose on the backlot. Brownstone Street was the scene of riots and looting. The Phantom of the Opera was on top of the marquee on New York Street throwing pumpkins on the ground. A dummy was hung upside down on the Collapsing Bridge and would slam down in between tram cars. The Creature from the Black Lagoon was along the Parting of the Red Sea, swatting at the tram. A tractor pulled off a guy's arm in Six Points Texas. Europe had a scene in the Court of Miracles. The tram traveled behind the Bates Motel and Mother waved a knife at the tram! The final scene took place up at the tram yard where the guy with the chainsaw on top of a tram. Needless to say, it was pretty cool!
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Circle of Ancients

USF Utilizes their soundstages for the event. USH has ALOT of soundstages they could use.

• Banned User

if they are doing this, I hope the park has rented those soundstages by now... with production getting popular at USH it's not easy to get those soundstages near the park maybe.. (well might be easier...)

those descriptions sound nice... Orlando's as mentioned before uses it's more usually vacant soundstages and empty areas of the park.... (depending which park they use that year)

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've been to all of the ones at USH, including the first one in the parking structure.

The Bill and Ted's show was cool, as well as the freak show. Oh yeah, Chucky was pretty insulting to the crowd.

We hope they return. We'd be there again if they did.

• ...TWO BITS!

Wow, great description! I had no idea. What years did USH do this and when/why did they stop??

I heard/read that Knott's Berry Farm gets most of their profits from their Halloween event. Interesting that USH doesn't follow up- maybe too much time & effort for them.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I want to say the event I went to was in 1988...

I believe the scene in Six Points Texas was a shot-gun wedding gone bad and it was Frankenstein being threatened with fire in the Court of Miracles. I can't recall what entertainment was in the Castle theater for the event. It might have just been the Conan show, but for some reason I want to say there was something in the theatre where Shrek 4-D is.
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

I recall Star Trek and then the Flintstones show.

They had the freak show in there for HHN.

• C4C6C

I remember the first one USH had was in 1992 because I was a character roaming the park near the entrance. The entrance used was the side one near what is now T2:3D.

There was a maze in the parking structure underneath T2:3D.

One guest did get killed on the tram and I believe it was in the spinning tunnel (whatever the theme of it now).

HHN's did get a little rowdy...

While waiting for the Tram spook-tacular, a fight erupted between two mexicans. One "head slammed" the other into the railing and blood and teeth went flying!

Security broke up the fight and cleared the area and actually spent some time looking for the guys teeth!

We figured that we had had a fun enough time and left for the night. I mean, who could ask for more? REAL blood!

Some folks can't handle their beer too well. Or was it tequila?

OUCH!

• Circle of Ancients

Knott's serves alcohol but not during Haunt.

USH would be wise to do the same. Of course people could always drink in CityWalk. They could also do the no re-entry thing like Knott's does and not tell people there is no alcohol being served in the park.

• Banned User

BGT serves alchaholl during their Howl O Scream events... (I was there during employee night.. last year.. lots of drunks in some mazes..)

oh.. and Screamscape found something... (took my own screenshot, but thanks screamscape for point it out..)

take a lookie at one of the days promotions... Fri., Sep. 22 to be exact..

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    BGT serves alchaholl during their Howl O Scream events... (I was there during employee night.. last year.. lots of drunks in some mazes..)
    HHN here in Orlando serves Alcohol and I think that's partly the draw. There are more bars open during the event than there are restaurants actually. I still love going every year despite the fact that the crowds do get a little crazy.

• Banned User

I think hhn at florida has alchahol becuase they compete against hos which does...

(And were those things huge they were selling last year...)

I wonder will hhn cali have alchaholl, or reduced amount at the park.. Or not have any and be teenager friendly...

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Knott's serves alcohol but not during Haunt.

Is this something new, b/c they did last time I was there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast