Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney

Question Legoland: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

I have never gone and can't decide how worthwhile it is for adults. Is it like a Six Flags or does it have any Disney-esque qualities?

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Life is Great!

Re: Legoland: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

We did enjoy our day there, but it was more geared for little ones to me. i think they are expanding it to more thrills. the thing i liked the most was the lego towns(and the really low prices for good food!)
    {:
    Marci
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We are going to Legoland this Friday. I am really excited to see it finally. I am most looking forward to seeing an amusment park for the first time with my kids. Every place we have been to with them is a place I have been to in the past.

My son is a total Lego Maniac, so this is going to be really great. We will be taking my nephew too, which will be lots of fun. Even my daughter is looking forward to going.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Legoland is a great park. It is well maintained and a nice little diversion. However, there really isn't much for adults to do in this park, with the exception of mini-land (an area with lego replicas of famous places). However, if you have kids with you, it can be a real kick to see how much fun they are having. I've enjoyed Legoland the two times I've been.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Drunk On Disney

Do they have any giant costumed Lego people?

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

My wife and I have had LEGOLand APs for years. We dig the place. But we are both AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO).
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Dont make me unfriend you

We went the last time we were in So Cal. My kids loved it. Said it was better then DL! If your party is only adults, I would recommend a pass. There are are few rides that adults would like, but unless they are big Lego fans, I would skip it.

They don;t have customed people walking around, but they have lots of statues made out of legos. They have Star Wars characters, knights, a awesome looking dragon and many more. All life size and made out of legos. The last time we were at DLR, the Lego store had some statues like legoland has all through their park.

If you have kids, I say go. They will have a great time.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

If your under 10 years old, you'll have a great time. Anyone older than that will have a tough time finding things to do.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I've been to the one in Denmark & here in Carlsbad. I agree that it's mostly for the 10 and under crowd. It's cute, but nothing like SFMM...which is good and bad depending on how you look at it.
    <o>

I work at Legoland so I can give you some suggestions if you want. Like was said before if your group is just adults I would skip unless your a lego maniac.

To correct a previous statement, we do have some costumed characters, but they are only out during peak periods.

If you have any questions ask away...

Chris
    Attractions MC

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by thmprkinsder
    To correct a previous statement, we do have some costumed characters, but they are only out during peak periods.
    Oh..Sorry, my bad....

• Wants to Wear the Bat Hat

Bouncing Between Eastern and Western Washington State

I've always wanted to go
    I know it's not really a thrill park... but I've always been extremely impressed by the mini Lego cities, villages and world monuments... A theme park fan cannot live on just rides alone

When accidently ended up in Carlesbad last Spring Break I really wanted to stop there (long story) but didn't
    I think I'll get over there eventually though
    WDW College Program Alumni
    May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
    May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
    Hello Everyone Go Zags!

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've been enjoying LegoLand since the first month that they opened. In fact, we have two of their lifetime passes. A great bargain when you figure in the free passes and discounts that you get each year.

We have seen the senior citizen buses/tours there enjoying the Park. As stated, mini-land would be the center of attraction for the adults. There are a few nice rides for the adults as well. A few coasters that are fun, the boat tour ride, the storybook leaf boat ride, etc...

Great food at reasonable prices (even w/o the AP discount) and the place is kept VERY clean.

They have a new land opening up next month that is themed around pirates and water. It looks like adults can have fun there too.

We recommend it to adults at least once, if for nothing else just to check out the place. On our first trip, we just bought a one-day pass. By the end of the day, we upgraded to an AP and before the year was up, we upgraded again to the lifetime AP's.

It's a fun place! And yes, they do have characters wandering around. The Lego dude and a race car driver dude as well as a few others that we've seen.

Try it! You might like it! (you probably WILL like it!)

Enjoy!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

thumbs to the side...

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

It might be better once the parks trees grow larger. I found that there isn't much shade. The areas I wanted to really take time and enjoy where way too hot. Some of the ride aren't easy for every kid, even if they are the right height/age for it. Have been there 3x's since opened with different age groups and I can't last to long in the heat. They aren't very helpful with special needs guest. It's just that some rides that you power yourself need to be automated for them. It's very upsetting for others who are behind them and aren't warned ahead of time. (just like being on canoes when the front half can't row or make it hard by dragging oars) I have gone when it was cooler but there is so much water stuff it isn't fun to be soggy/too long to dry.

I would be able to enjoy more with shade like DL.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast