Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Your Universal Hollywood "Big Top 10"

[QUOTE=Ride Warrior]
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    Universal Hollywood has announced that Waterworld will be replaced by another attraction - though they hacen't said exactly when. Replacement rumors have ranged from shows such as Zorro to rides such as Spider-man.
    When was that announcement?? From the rumors I heard, the plans are for Spider-Man or another attraction because that site is quite large. But I haven't heard of any offical announcements from Universal claiming this is true...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior

When was that announcement?? From the rumors I heard, the plans are for Spider-Man or another attraction because that site is quite large. But I haven't heard of any offical announcements from Universal claiming this is true...
    ok..good..also when i went sunday there was a sign on waterworld that said it was the worlds #1 show...they can't replace a #1 show...
    Last edited by Princessa_Susy; 05-30-2006 at 10:23 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

[quote=Princessa_Susy]
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    ok..good..also when i went sunday there was a sign on waterworld that said it was the worlds #1 show...they can't replace a #1 show...
    The closure info appeared on a site that is usually fairly reliable. Like you, I hope the mention of the announcement is completely inaccurate. I love the show, too. It's too damn bad that there seems to be very little room for expansion and big rides like there has been at the Orlando counterpart.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

i <3 the e.t ride.....but i also like the mummy ride...more rides!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Princessa_Susy
    i <3 the e.t ride.....but i also like the mummy ride...more rides!
    Yes, indeedy! It would be nice if Universal could purchase more land. A California version of IOA would be beyond awesome. Who knows...maybe someday.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Yes, indeedy! It would be nice if Universal could purchase more land. A California version of IOA would be beyond awesome. Who knows...maybe someday.
    I heard they tried that one year.. and a golf foucrse near by temed up with people and got it shot down....

man.. who would imagine having a golf course near a movie/themepark..

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Well, I would put the Tram Tour at the top of the list unless you include the VIP Tour.

And not the "new and improved" one, but the older one where you could request where the Trolley would stop and actually get out and enjoy the sets or whatever/wherever you wanted.

On one tour, we actually were the only ones scheduled for that day, so we had the Trolley to ourselves. VERY cool!

We've done the VIP Tour four times now and have seen some incredible stuff.

For Jaws fans. (which I am), we have pics of me standing on the ORCA when it was still afloat (???) and on display in the lagoon as well as photo's from the surrounding set and next to Ben Gardner's boat (which is now also long gone).

We also got to go into the sound stage where they were filming Chucky, Part 3 and we got to see the Chucky animatronic dolls which were lined up on a table in various forms of completion.

We got to go inside the prop building (a no-no today, at least that is what I've heard).

We met Arnold (and his double) when he was shooting "Jingle all the way" during the parade scene on the back lot.

We got to go inside the entry door of the Psycho house and into the cabin from the Great Outdoors (also the house from Coach).

And finally, we got to eat lunch at the commissary that the Tram drives by near the sound stages (not that great of tasting food, but you couldn't beat the atmosphere).

Yep, VIP Tour. Tough to beat.
    What do you mean new and improved?? I remember my VIP tour on 7/16.... we got to enter a soundstage that was adding a set for CSI.. and of course entering the set of that one show i dont watch.. but seeing everything up close and personal... and stopping for a few photos ops here and there... and entering the prop house.. and looking at everything.. (including the list for who wants what for what.. lol)

• Banned User

[quote=Ride Warrior]
    Quote Originally Posted by Princessa_Susy

The closure info appeared on a site that is usually fairly reliable. Like you, I hope the mention of the announcement is completely inaccurate. I love the show, too. It's too damn bad that there seems to be very little room for expansion and big rides like there has been at the Orlando counterpart.
    It's not accurate. The WaterWorld rumors pop up every 6 months for some reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12