• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

SFGA (Jersey) - Is there a better day of the week to visit?

So my friends and I are thinking of taking a road trip to Six Flags Great Adventure (Jersey) to ride Kingdra Ka (Ha!) and Nitro and Medusa and all that Intamin & B&M goodness...anywho...any of you locals have a suggestion as far as the best time to go? Basically it'll have to be last week of June 1st week of July kinda thing (I know...bad time of year) but would be be okay on a Sunday/Monday trip? Should we try for a Monday/Tuesday thing?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: SFGA (Jersey) - Is there a better day of the week to visit?

It's Kingda Ka. No "r". I've only been once, but the park was a pain to navigate.

• Circle of Ancients

Just FYI their new coaster "El Toro" is supposed to open next week, so I'd say it will be busy for awhile.

The time you are planning on going is right after school gets out for most kids so it will be quite busy.

My suggestion, get Qbot. We got it last year at the park and were able to do all the coasters (including Kingda Ka) in 4 hours.

Of course when you get a Qbot you have to sign a waver stating that you are not guaranteed to ride Kingda Ka (and I'm assuming El Toro after it opens).

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Just FYI their new coaster "El Toro" is supposed to open next week, so I'd say it will be busy for awhile.

The time you are planning on going is right after school gets out for most kids so it will be quite busy.

My suggestion, get Qbot. We got it last year at the park and were able to do all the coasters (including Kingda Ka) in 4 hours.

Of course when you get a Qbot you have to sign a waver stating that you are not guaranteed to ride Kingda Ka (and I'm assuming El Toro after it opens).
    Will El Toro finally open? Lol talk about missing the mark with getting that one open.

I'm sure we'd do Q-Bot...but sign a waiver of no guarentee? Wow. Either the Jersey folk are a rough crowd or Six Flags doesn't like pleasing guests. Waiver? Lmao.

Hmm well a "do in 4 hours" story is encouraging...we'd probably have a day and a half-ish.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Then you shouldn't have a problem.

The reason you have to sign the waver is because the ride brakes down alot, and that is one of the main reasons people get Q-bot.

When we did the park, we did it like so:

Got to the park before 10am. They have the front entrance plaza open so you can get your qbot before the official opening.

After "Rope drop" head straigt for KK and do the Qbot. After this head for Superman. You won't need Qbot since most people will run for KK. Then hop on Great American Scream Machine since it will be a walk on.

Now last year El Toro wasn't open (duh) and Rolling Thunder was closed.

At this point I would say it would be around 1030. I'd go over and Qbot El Toro. (This way as soon as you scan your way on KK, El Toro will start "Queing"). I'd then hit Medusa, Rolling Thunder and the Mine train or whatever else has short lines.

By this time it should be about 1130 and your KK time should be here. If it comes up before this you only have like 20 - 30 minutes to get to the ride, or you wasted your Queing. So don't get in any lines that are more than 10 minutes.

Ride KK. At this point you will start Queing for El Toro.

Go ahead and ride anything you missed on that side of the park while waiting for your El Toro time.

After El Toro head over and queue up Skull Mountain, Nitro, Batman and the Chiller. By the time you get done queuing them all up it should be time for your Skull Mtn ride. Then of course after you ride Skull Mtn, Nitro will start queing, and so on and so forth.

If you have any more questions let me know. Once El Toro opens I will get some info about wait-times, q-bot patterns, etc so I should be able to get you more info before you go.

Nice, thanks.

Hopefully we can make it for opening. It's about 4:40 away...I know I can make that for opening...lol but traveling with other 20-something year olds leaving early enough might become an issue. Lol.