• Drunk On Disney

Breakfast with Shamu and Crew (CHARACTER Breakfast) photos

This past Saturday I attended the "Breakfast with Shamu and Crew" Character meal at Sea World Orlando.

The breakfast is offered on weekends only and takes place at the Seafire Inn.

At the door you see posters advertising an appearance by Jacques Feudelemer. I overheard another tourist say his last name is French for "full of crap." Can any one verify this?

Once you enter you are greeted by an adorable penguin. It's your first of what is a seemingly endless amount of photo-ops.

The show starts just a few minutes after breakfast is served so there wasn't much time to get food if you wanted to catch the whole show. This was a buffet, but not a self-serve buffet. Servers stood on the other side of the glass and prepared your plate.

Service was slow and many people were waiting in line long after the show had started.

Sadly, the food wasn't very good.

The show starred "Team Seafire" which consisted of Shamu and 4 or 5 of his friends.

The show also starred Jacques:

The show was a whole lot of fun. Jacques stood on stage and the characters stood in the audience for most of the show. They were always available for photos.

On the stage, a screen played video clips and featured other characters interacting with Jacques.

The basic plot was:

Jacques is scarred of the water after losing a friend at Sea... World. His friends are trying to encourage him to get back in the water, because if he doesn't they lose their charter.

The plot was really incidental, however. Really, the show consisted of jokes and songs and tons of audience interaction.

The actor that played Jacques was very, very funny.

There was a family there with a baby girl that was celebrating her birthday. However, she was terrified of Jacques. Every time he came within ten feet of her she cried.

So, he sang "Happy Birthday" from across the restaurant with his back to her and (in his words) "a much more handsome" customer lip-sync the song.

After the show is over you get a final photo-op with almost THE ENTIRE CAST:

Overall, the show was great but the food was below average. It certainly is aimed at kids, but my party had no kids and we had a great time.
    Last edited by Guy Hutchinson; 06-13-2006 at 05:44 AM.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: Breakfast with Shamu and Crew (CHARACTER Breakfast) photos

Thanks for the story. I have always wondered about that breakfast. Now that you told us about it, I don't think it will be something my family and I will do. I did hear about a dinner that you can eat along side the real Shamu. (And no, you eat on a table along side the tank, not in it!) Has anyone experienced that one?

• Drunk On Disney

I did that meal the same day.

It was a 3:45pm dinner (a bit on the early side) the food was good and was mostly typical American cuisine (turkey, macaroni and cheese, salad etc.)

You are seated around a small pool that is behind Shamu Stadium.

A few trainers were across the water from us, and one spoke to us over a microphone (I wish she had been louder) about how they care for and train the whales in the show.

You get really close to the whale, but don't get splashed.

I have read from other people that they got to "pet" Shamu. This wasn't offered at our dinner, Shamu did swim right up to every table for a good view.

• love my friends

wow I want to do the dinner one.. one day we will

looked like alot of fun

Friends for life

• I Hug My Tapirs

Oooh, thanks for the character breakfast photos! Looks like Florida has a lot of characters that we don't have here in California. And their penguins look WEIRD.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Thanks Sweetie on the dinner info. Now that one looks like something my family would be interested in. I would love to see the whales that close. It would be even better to be able to touch them, but I guess that is up to the trainers of the day. Thanks for the pictures too.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Oooh, thanks for the character breakfast photos! Looks like Florida has a lot of characters that we don't have here in California. And their penguins look WEIRD.
    It's funny, the California characters that I have seen (the polar bear and the otter) were actually on the video screen interacting with Jacques and the florida cast.

I thought the penguin was cute.

As for petting Shamu, perhaps it's a health issue (petting animals in a restaurant.) Maybe some govt. health organization won't allow it anymore.

• Banned User

They have some kids come up and pet Shamu at a latter dinner sometimes, but then they are instructed to go to the hand sanitation stations and clean their hands off before eating again...

(I like the Dine with Shamu. However, I have not done any breakfast character meals. I know the Seafire Inn, Good chicken. It's a nice dinner theater area, not used that much apparently unless it rains during the dinner show outside. Then that show does a makeshift version in there..)

• Drunk On Disney

Thumbs up Re: Breakfast with Shamu and Crew (CHARACTER Breakfast) photos

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    They have some kids come up and pet Shamu at a latter dinner sometimes, but then they are instructed to go to the hand sanitation stations and clean their hands off before eating again...

(I like the Dine with Shamu. However, I have not done any breakfast character meals. I know the Seafire Inn, Good chicken. It's a nice dinner theater area, not used that much apparently unless it rains during the dinner show outside. Then that show does a makeshift version in there..)
    That makes sense, I didn't see the sanitation stations. Now I am soooo bummed I didn't get to pet Shamu!

As for the Seafire Inn, I have never dined there before so I only know about the breakfast.

It was pretty bad.

I'm not a harsh judge of restaurants either.
    It could have been an off day, or I could have been in line at the wrong time (a lot of the food I was getting was from the bottom of the serving tray.)

My table contained 2 other parties (total strangers) and I heard them complain about the food a whole lot.

I was so happy with the show that I didn't really care, but I figured I would give you guys a heads up.

Go for the show, not the food..

• Banned User

Wink Re: Breakfast with Shamu and Crew (CHARACTER Breakfast) photos

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    Go for the show, not the food..
    This is Busch Entertainment/Anheuser Busch.. They are not known for true world class dinning.. yet..