Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

As a kid, I had found memories of the Dinosaur ride, but as I got older I began comparing it to Disneyland attractions, and came to the conclusion that it sucked. The needed to really update the thing. Same goes for the log ride and the Calico Mine Ride.

However, the Calico Mine Ride is absolutely TERRIFYING during Knott's Halloween Haunt!

As Dusty Sage noted, this ride used to be an omnimover style ride but they had to stop that due to riders damaging the attraction as well as several couples using the ride as a 'Tunnel of Love'....It was a real problem for the ride operators and maintenence..thus, they incorporated the shortened trains/cars/vehicles but needed to stop the ride every time they loaded and unloaded...this drastically reduced the ride experience and the whole attraction lost a lot of the charm...
    It's too bad because the attraction was very cool!! Although the Beary-Tales was also fun!!
    Hopefully, they will incorporate something interesting and fun in that space!
    DannyBoy

Anybody else remember how Beary Tales used to smell inside? Like pie or something..soooo good. I was just a little kid when they replaced it with Dinosaurs, but I remember that smell

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Some of Kingdom of the Dinosaurs decorations, and even a few animatronics have already been placed in Timber Mountain Log Ride. Cedar Fair doesn't have a very good track record with dark rides.

Cedar Fair doesn't do dark rides. Look what they did to the ones at their flagship park. We can only pray that they'll keep the Calico Mine Ride.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

I Like that mine ride...lol Dis sad to see dinosours go it was fun while it lasted alas maybe they will do something alot better with the space.. Knotts to me is geitng boreing lol

• done

Good riddance to Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, I say. My two most-missed attractions in any theme park - Knott's Beary Tales and the motorcycle chase.

If we're asking Knott's folks for things, how about fixing Ghostrider? I used to love that ride, but the last time I went on it, it was so incredibly bumpy and rough that I spent almost the entire ride trying to minimize as much as possible the pain that it was causing me. It used to be such a smooth ride. I know it's a woody, but so is Colossus, and that's not even close to being as bad (at least the last time I rode it a couple years ago).

• Infinitized!

I miss the soapbox racers as well as the their version of the Autopia with the little Model T cars that was located near the soapbox racers. I also miss the parachute drop.

• Circle of Ancients

You guys are all joking right?

The ride has been gone for months now, and your just now noticing???

This was worse than Monster Plantation at SFOG. And that was pretty bad.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs holds a real soft-spot in my heart, in the fact that it was the First theme park attraction that I can fully recall riding.

It will be missed.
    -Monorail Man

• dreams do come true

Knotts has to make money and it can not do it by Themeing and doing the Disney thing, they tryed and failed. With out haunt the park would of been dead along time ago. Now since Cedar Fair came in they are doing what they do best and what will bring in the money, thrill rides. There is only one disney and there to close to it so why even try. I think haveing a thrill park is the best idea ever, bring the Disney thrill seekers over fo a day. The only other option is Magic Mountian and thats 1 hour away and to far for most who come to visit Disney.

I am glad to see the Dinosaurs go for it was sad to see how bad the attraction had turned into in regards to maintenence. I hope that Cedar Fairs puts in some kind of dark ride and not another roller coaster. Knott's used to be a great park to walk around and shop and ride a few rides here and there, it was unique. Now it is turning into another thrill park, how sad.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

i hated Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, only because it replaced Knott's Bear-y Tales. I have fond memories of that ride, and the boysenberry smell inside. yum

That's so sad! I adored that ride, although it did start to "fall apart" towards the end there. The whole experience dwindled when they connected all the cars into one big train! But Knott's is a theme park that focuses on THRILLS, whereas a the Disney Parks focus on entertainment and a more "Magical" family experience. So I can understand them wanting to use that space for another coaster! Personally I LOVE coasters so i say more power to them!
    All Hail Space Mountain!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    They got rid of the Soapbox Racer ride too. That was a long time ago but lots of fun.
    Yeah the Soapbox Racers and the Motorbike Race was FUN. I miss both of those rides.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast