Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    I truly miss the soapbox racers. A group of us would go to Knotts religiously the day after school got out through elementary school and our rides we HAD to go on at least twice were Soapbox Racers, Parachute Drop, and Kingdom of the Dinos. I'm crushed, they've finally gotten rid of all of the rides I loved. Why don't they just get rid of Jaguar, because that roller coaster really does no good and takes up a good plot of land.

• Minion

I know first hand that they were purposefully trying to get rid of that ride a long time ago. It highly unlikely they are going to replace it with a dark ride as they seem to like to shop around many of the coaster companies out there to see what's "hot". But my best guess is that due to the amount of limited space there, they are probably going to get a hold of ride that just fills the extra space such as a ride you may see at a county fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    This was worse than Monster Plantation at SFOG. And that was pretty bad.
    Please don't remind me of Monster Plantation. Other than the air conditioning, that is one awful ride! When I lived in Atlanta, I had an AP just because it was the only amusement park there. And I nearly cried tears of happiness when I got back to Magic Mountain. I found out quickly it was worth the 7 hours drive to Disney World and the AP price there. I never liked Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, but then again, I remember the Beary Tales, Motorcycle Chase, Jungle Island where there is now a parking lot. I haven't been since they took out the church and chapel. Definitely won't be the same. I still like it better than Universal Hollywood though.

• Iron-Clad Allie

This really lays an egg. There's already too damn many county fair type rides at the park as it stands. They should clear out some more space, and build a coaster/dark ride. That would be an unexpected move for this off-the-shelf county fair park (for all intents and purpises).

Does anyone have any definitive info on what's replacing Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123