• Neep meep beep

Six Flags Magic Mountain losing share to Disneyland

From the Daily News (full story available at: http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_3973919)

"As its corporate owner contemplates a sale of the thrill park, the future of Magic Mountain may hinge on its ability to attract customers like the Pearsons. The Castaic family lives a short drive away from Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor. But instead of making that drive, they bought a season pass for Disneyland in Anaheim.
    It's been a decade since Laura Pearson visited Magic Mountain. But Pearson, whose children are 11 and 13, has heard things about the 17-roller-coaster park.
    "What I've heard is that it's not a great place for kids. ... Not the cleanest place in the world," she said.
    "When you walk into the Disneyland park everything is clean. There's people working continuously, they have a smile on their face - you feel safe there."
    Six Flags Inc., Magic Mountain's corporate owner, is trying hard to attract families like the Pearsons."

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain losing share to Disneyland

Interesting article. Amazing. SF wants to sell it and suddenly the general public is joining the bandwagon.

I mean people have been saying this for years, and suddenly it is real news. Kinda like SFoG's persona to the local ATLiens.

• Banned User

Wow. That is quite an interesting article. SF might sell Magic Mountain? Well, this should be interesting. I like what that family said about Disneyland. I agree with them. Six Flags Magic Mountain is only a fun place to go because their coasters and that's it.

Six Flags Is A Lost Cause I Think The Buyers Should Just Demolish The Place Completely And With The Land Build A Medival Theme Park With Dragons And Knights And Such!! Now That Would Be Cool!!!!!!!!

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

I have only been to MM once, and that was about 3 years ago. The only reason I went was because I had a pass I got for Marine world and I got in free at MM. It was a week day in oct. only about a third of the rides were open, and It was a dump, rude workers, dirty grounds it was a really bad trip. my question is why should I go back? the time to fix things is when things are working, not when they are broken. MM lost me as a customer the first time I went there!
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

•   
    • Minion

You see, I have always had a good experiance at MM... the only thing I didn't like was it was on a mountain... However, I must admit I haven't been recently... the last time I was there was, gosh, summer of 95... Yeah, it is a trip down amnisia lane too...

I don't think I had that great of a time come to think of it, but I didn't hold it against Six Flags, just who I went with...
    Check out my other blog:

Magic Mountain lost it when they decided to go on that stupid coaster war with Cedar Fairs.