Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Journey to Atlantis at Sea World Orlando

Does anyone happen to have or know where I could find some pictures or a VIDEO, specifically, from the ENTIRE ride? I'm sure they must be out there on the net somewhere, but I just can't find them...

I'm going to Sea World Orlando for the first time ever in a few weeks with my family and I'm trying to decide if I want to bother with the wait for Atlantis, especially if I could forego Atlantis to ride Kraken again (that thing looks wicked).

• Banned User

Re: Journey to Atlantis at Sea World Orlando

Forget asking for video!! GO on Atlantis. It has some nice scenes and effects and the last drop is quite splashy. You'll like it. FUN ride. Unlike the one from San Diego... This one is a must ride (for Sea World's standards). Then do Kraken as well which looks worst than what it really is, but enjoyable to say the least.

• white and nerdy

I quite like the Atlantis ride... though it's funny that they use the music from Beetlejuice on it.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Atlantis was cool but Kraken... talk about a head banger!! I love coasters but.... WOW I came off that with quite the headache, which is extrememly rare for me.

I really see no reason why you shouldn't be able to experience both but if you must do one over the other do Atlantis.

• Circle of Ancients

http://www.themeparkreview.com/ used to have a Journey to Atlantis video up on their site, but I can't find it. I know it's one one of their DVD's though. You can email Robb and ask which DVD it is on.

• done

It's been a number of years since I went on Atlantis at Sea World Orlando, but we had a great time. And I'd say that it was even more fun not knowing what the entire ride was about, because there were definitely some surprises. My only caution is that you can get *very* wet on the ride, so keep that in mind. On our second ride, we got thoroughly soaked and ended up having to drive back to our room to change because we hadn't been prepared.

Have a great time!

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Does anyone happen to have or know where I could find some pictures or a VIDEO, specifically, from the ENTIRE ride? I'm sure they must be out there on the net somewhere, but I just can't find them...

I'm going to Sea World Orlando for the first time ever in a few weeks with my family and I'm trying to decide if I want to bother with the wait for Atlantis, especially if I could forego Atlantis to ride Kraken again (that thing looks wicked).
    If my memory serves me correctly, it's been a couple months since I was in Orlando, JTA @ SWO does not permit on-ride videos or photography. I used to film/photo all the rides that I went on and the firest time I rode JTA a ride op stopped me from filming and pointed to a sign on the wall (couldn't play dumb on that one).

As a side note this is the better of the two JTA's that have been built (thanks a lot Donna Frye ) and the best Mack WaterCoaster built thus far. Do take the time and enjoy this wonderfull attraction. With the exception of Shipwrecked Rapids @ SWC this is the best themed attraction at a SeaWorld Park. (best ride at a SeaWorld park is with out a doubt Kracken!)
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    http://www.themeparkreview.com/ used to have a Journey to Atlantis video up on their site, but I can't find it. I know it's one one of their DVD's though. You can email Robb and ask which DVD it is on.
    And don't forget to check sirclinkalot's video from the NYNY coaster in Vegas... He screams obcenities the whole way thru!! Too funny. Sorry clink. (it was you wasn't it? or am I confused now...)

• Banned User

Wink Re: Journey to Atlantis at Sea World Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    And don't forget to check sirclinkalot's video from the NYNY coaster in Vegas... He screams obcenities the whole way thru!! Too funny. Sorry clink. (it was you wasn't it? or am I confused now...)
    Funny.. I did as well.... lol

Are the new trains on it... I want to know if it's a better ride now.. lol

Atlantis rocks.... Though it cvould go down for a rehab and fix stuff...

• Banned User

God, the one in San Diego was a major disappointment.

• Don't Panic

wow........lots of positive posts.
    personally, i thought it was the worst excuse for a ride, like, ever.

my favorite part was when you exit the main building, totally removing you from the story, do a few roller-coaster things, go up a hill, and at the very top, off to the side, was an employee sitting there reading a magazine and looking totally disinterested in what was going on around her.

obviously, a matter of opinion. i was also with a group of my friends and we're all teenagers, so we are slightly more skeptical than some.
    ------

------

i haven't been on the atlantis ride in orlando, well because i have never been to the sea world there. however recently i went to the one in san diego and i think the atlantis ride was enjoyable, i expected more but it still was fun. i dont know how different the rides are from eachother but i expect them to be fairly similar so i would guess the ride will be exciting!
    Disney freak for life!
    and
    Future Disney Animator!

• Theme Park Advocate

JTA here is San Diego is a complete let down, mainly due to extreme budget cuts and redesigns that were made because of City Council woman Donna Frye.

To give you an idea of how much was cut out look at this concept art, this was after much of the additional buildings and themeing was removed.

Now it looks like this, and features a disjointed story line because of all that was removed
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by alex-jmp
    JTA here is San Diego is a complete let down, mainly due to extreme budget cuts and redesigns that were made because of City Council woman Donna Frye.

What? I never heard that. I new she was against the height of the attraction, but the one in San Diego seems about the same height as the one in orlando. I think Sea World Just cheaped out. I hate the fact the the coaster portions is so visible, it totally ruins the effect.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Here's an idea....

Go on Atlantis, get soaked, then ride Kraken to dry off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast