Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Your favorite coasters

Shivering Timbers (Michigan Adventure)
    I think they were building that one the last time I went there. My first "adult" coaster ever was the old corkscrew there. I really need to go back next time I go home for a visit (the 'rents live 30-45 minutes away).

• Monorail Racer

Definitely hit Michigan's Adventure again when you have a chance - Shivering Timbers really is a good coaster with lots of airtime on the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Trust me, a B&M flyer will replace Stealth.
    Oh, without a doubt. Stealth's ok, but B&M really took the coaster type up a couple of notches.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Your favorite coasters

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Oh, without a doubt. Stealth's ok, but B&M really took the coaster type up a couple of notches.
    Yeah, I always saw it as fun but flawed. It was the first, though, and it really cheesed me off when not only did they remove the first innovative coaster ever built at PGA, but they didn't even have the brains to do a "ride one more time" ad campaign". I went to do that right after reading about it in the paper, and they were already dismantling the track. Started buying season passes at MW instead the next year.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Banned User

Mine are

X - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Goliath - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Medusa - Six Flags Marine World
    Xcellerator - Knotts Berry Farm
    Stealth -- Paramounts Great America (Ride not there anymore)
    Top Gun -- Paramounts Great America

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I like the old ones. Mine are all for SFMM since that's where I basically grew up going to.

Mountain Express that used to be at SFMM. Tiny cars, lap bars that half the time barely went all the way to your lap, manual braking system, good fun.
    Gold Rusher. Such a classic one-off, never to be seen anywhere in the world (and if they dont fix some of those trains it wont be around much longer).
    Revolution before the shoulder restraints, and the brake before going through the loop just outside the tunnel. WTF?!

• Banned User

Revolution had only lap bars when it was built!? I wanted to feel how that felt. Hmmm.

• LoisAlene

Ghostwriter really rattled my old bones when we rode last October. It was by far the roughest woodie I've ever been on.

Best steel coaster - Kraken at Busch Gardens, Orlando. Great floorless coaster with a barrel roll that I haven't found a match for. It even outdid Dueling Dragons at IOA. Floorless is a very different ride than overhead rail. I rode this 8 times in a row one fine day!

Favorite Woodie - Timber Terror at Silverwood park, Idaho. Great air time in this classic out and back design.

Best launch - Xcellerator at Knotts. Literally took my breath away!

Best Non-Disney Theming - Dueling Dragons at IOA. What a great preshow in the 1/2 mile queue. You don't even notice how far a walk it really is.

Someday I will make that pilgrimage to Cedar Point, hopefully within the next 5 years. I expect my list to change significantly then.

(Makarla, the corkscrew at Silverwood isn't that violent, or it wasn't the last time I rode it. Just watch your head and you'll be fine. Tremors is a much more physical bang em up coaster. Of course it is, it's a woodie!)

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    Revolution had only lap bars when it was built!? I wanted to feel how that felt. Hmmm.
    It was a great ride.

O-Nut ... the reason they had to add all of the breaks on Revolution was because after they added the OTSR's (which the trains weren't made for) the trains were too heavy and were going through the course too fast. So instead of just re-designing the trains, taking the OTSR's off or getting all new lighter trains, they added trim-brakes everywhere which further ruined this once great ride.

I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to why they added the OTSR's. Rumor was that it was a law in CA that any coaster that went upside down required them, but Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's only has lapbars and a seat belt. I can't imagine SFMM would have paid all that money to add OTSR's when they could have just added a seat belt.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Your favorite coasters

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Rumor was that it was a law in CA that any coaster that went upside down required them
    Yeah, that sounds fishy. Tidal Wave/Greased Lightning at PGA only had seatbelts and a lapbar up until it was dismantled a couple of years ago. And, of course, many non-coaster rides go upside down as well without OTSR.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick
    Yeah, I always saw it as fun but flawed. It was the first, though, and it really cheesed me off when not only did they remove the first innovative coaster ever built at PGA, but they didn't even have the brains to do a "ride one more time" ad campaign".
    No kidding...taking it out after 3 years too.

What would you call the flaw though?

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    Floorless is a very different ride than overhead rail.
    Oh yes, very different. I love floorless coasters...and have never really found an inverted coaster I like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123