Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone remember this place? (Japanese Deer Park)

Thanks for sharing those pics, Wendy...brings back a lot of memories...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    I remember Japanese Deer Park vaguely, I had a poster in my room from there for a long time. And then it become Enchanted Village for a little while before closing. If you were going south on I-5 towards Knott's and DL, you'd get off at the exit before Beach Blvd. and it would be right there.

There's a Farrell's for ice cream in the Mountasia area in Santa Clarita, but they have an actual restaurant in the San Diego area. We went there for my daughter's birthday last year while we were out there. Brought back memories. I went to so many birthday parties at the one in Woodland Hills. I think I was more excited to take her there for her birthday than she was!
    I think I had my 4-8bday parties at the Farrells in Woodlan Hills. right on canoga and Ventura. after sitting dormant for so long, they turned it into a whole foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Oh yeah, Enchanted Village? I remember that place also, and I have some pictures as a young kid there. They had an "Island of Dr. Moreau" stage show, and a petting zoo, according to my pictures.

So Deer Park became Enchanted Village, became...?
    Closed. I think Enchanted Village was their last gasp to try to make money off of it. I can't believe you have that map of it, you must throw away less theme park junk than I do!

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey
    I think I had my 4-8bday parties at the Farrells in Woodlan Hills. right on canoga and Ventura. after sitting dormant for so long, they turned it into a whole foods.
    That's the one. I used to love going there. You'd see the pictures on the wall going yep, I was at that party, yep, that one too. I'm glad they have the one still open in San Diego.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    I did a Google Satellite search and it appears to be a parking lot. ....
    Can you give me the former address of the Deer Park so that I can do my own search, or post a picture? I can't remember from my early childhood exactly where this was, or what it was near.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    Lost Boy is here with me (his sister) and he says "none of the above. It is the offramp from the 5". The exit off the 5 was weird he says. You got off on Beach but had to back track to get there.
    So you said it was a parking lot...I know that the pirates dinner theater is right off the 5 offramp ... is that the location on top of what the Japanese Deer Park was, or was it further down, closer to Knotts?

• Neep meep beep

Closed. I think Enchanted Village was their last gasp to try to make money off of it. I can't believe you have that map of it, you must throw away less theme park junk than I do!
    It's actually not my map, although I do save a lot of crap. I found it doing a search. Here's the back, showing the performance schedule:

So you said it was a parking lot...I know that the pirates dinner theater is right off the 5 offramp ... is that the location on top of what the Japanese Deer Park was, or was it further down, closer to Knotts?
    Pirates is right next to the Beach Blvd. offramp of the 91. The Deer Park was further northeast, close to I-5. What is the offramp just north of Beach Blvd. on I-5? If I was in So Cal now, I'd drive past it and use that as an excuse to go to Disneyland again, but sadly...

EDITED: Artesia Blvd. That was the offramp and it was right off that exit. You'd head west and it was on your left. It was located on Knott Avenue, and there is, I believe, a Nabisco warehouse next to where it was.
    Last edited by Neon Cactus; 08-08-2006 at 10:12 AM.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Pirates is right next to the Beach Blvd. offramp of the 91. The Deer Park was further northeast, close to I-5. What is the offramp just north of Beach Blvd. on I-5? If I was in So Cal now, I'd drive past it and use that as an excuse to go to Disneyland again, but sadly...

EDITED: Artesia Blvd. That was the offramp and it was right off that exit. You'd head west and it was on your left.
    I believe its an industrial park now. If you are driving South on the 5, look right after the Artesia off ramp, those buildings and parking lots is where it stood.

• Neep meep beep

Try this link - is that it? Doesn't look like much of note.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...13454&t=k&om=1

• Colorado Bound?

OMG! I remember the deer park! I had not even thought of that place since I was a little kid!

Talk about unlocking some oooold memories! Kinda freaks me out.
    -AmandasDad

Try this link - is that it? Doesn't look like much of note.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...13454&t=k&om=1

OK, where you get off I-5 and go straight, which is Knott Avenue. Right after you cross the railroad tracks you see a parking lot on the east side (right, if you're looking at the screen), and there's a building right next to it. Harder to tell from the satellite, but if I remember correctly that's where it was located.

• Neep meep beep

OK, where you get off I-5 and go straight, which is Knott Avenue. Right after you cross the railroad tracks you see a parking lot on the east side (right, if you're looking at the screen), and there's a building right next to it. Harder to tell from the satellite, but if I remember correctly that's where it was located.
    I think I see... there's an actual "Park" a little further down on Knott, but from your description, I see what looks like a freshly paved parking lot and building. Interesting -- I wonder if the people that work/park there know the history they are standing on!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Try typing in 6122 Knott Ave., Buena Park, CA into the search function on the Google Satellite map and that will narrow the area for you. Then zoom in a couple of notches. I got this address off the scanned brochure that is on page 1 of this thread. I'd link you to it directly, but for some reason it is not coming up correctly.

That street off of Knott right after you pass the parking lot and the buildings is Village Drive. I wonder if that has been the name since the Deer Park has been there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234