Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does SFMM offer a type of "Fastpass"?

I'm heading to DLR later this summer, but I wanted to also stop by Magic Mountain (while it's still there). I really only have time for a half a day, maybe a little more and want to do as much as possible. Does anybody know if there is a type of "front of the line" pass or something? I was unable to find anything on the SFMM website.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Does SFMM offer a type of "Fastpass"?

Flash Pass (the former Q-Bot). Standard version allows you to wait the posted amount of line time without waiting in the line (so you can go on something else). Flash Pass Gold allows you to shorten those lines by 75%. However neither one is free...and FP gold is much higher priced than Flass Pass regular.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Well, you can always use the method that we saw during our last visit there...

You wear a "gangster" outfit, give intimidating looks to the people in line, enter the line and walk past folks until you get to the front, therefore avoiding the wait.

Complaints to the CM's (or whatever they call them there) fell on deaf ears.

Works for "them"...

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Does SFMM offer a type of "Fastpass"?

THE FLASH PASS
    Shorter Lines...Limited Waiting...No Kidding!

THE FLASH PASS can be purchased for $15*(Sunday - Friday)or $20*(Saturday) at the ticket booths, THE FLASH PASS booth (behind Guest Relations in Six Flags Plaza) or at the Guest Necessities Center.
    A limited number of THE FLASH PASS are available for purchase each operating day.
    The passes will be available only while supplies last and are valid only on the day of purchase.
    The rides available for THE FLASH PASS vary from day-to-day (please check with the host/hostess at THE FLASH PASS booth for a list of specific rides available).
    Each THE FLASH PASS is good for four priority boarding opportunities: 1 person x 4 rides, 2 people x 2 rides, 4 people x 1 ride ... it's your choice!
    THE FLASH PASS program does not require any sort of reservation or pre-determined arrival time. Simply choose your ride and follow THE FLASH PASS direction.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Cool, thank you for the info. That sounds reasonable as long as the rides I want to get on are offered that day.

Still a thug problem at SFMM huh? I read there is now a Sheriff's substation out there, and SFMM was trying to get famlies back to the park.

• Circle of Ancients

The Flashpass at SFMM and Q-bot are two TOTALLY seperate things.

The SFMM version uses tickets that you can just go into a seperate line and use for 4 rides per $15. The Q-bot is the little beeper type machine thing that gives you more than 4 rides.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    The Flashpass at SFMM and Q-bot are two TOTALLY seperate things.
    The didn't totally replace Q-Bot with FlassPass (as the same thing) like they did in other parks?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually, Six Flags calls their "move to the front of the line" system Flash Pass system-wide as of 2006.

But they have different systems in different parks. Some use the electronic return time system (Q-Bot), and other parks (like SFMM) just issue tickets that are used as a Front of the Line pass, with no restriction of a specific return time.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi
    Still a thug problem at SFMM huh? I read there is now a Sheriff's substation out there, and SFMM was trying to get famlies back to the park.
    There has been very little problems in the last few years...

But of course, you also have a Sheriff's substation at Universal CityWalk, and Disneyland Resort has an Anaheim Police sub-station, so it is common for large parks to have a police sub-station, and not just in Southern California.

• Monorail Racer

Definitely note that many coasters will not be included in the Front of Line passes. X is definitely one of them, Tsatsu is another one. Maybe Goliath, too? A few of the biggest coasters, in any case.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Definitely note that many coasters will not be included in the Front of Line passes. X is definitely one of them, Tsatsu is another one. Maybe Goliath, too? A few of the biggest coasters, in any case.
    I think that may depend on what day you go. When I went recently, we were able to use our passes on Tatsu and Goliath.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Tatsu and Goliath have Flash Pass signs attached with some type of permanence to their attractions. "X" is the one big ride that doesn't have it.

So how exactly does this program work? I will be going on the 21st for the first time since 1993 I was under the impression that it worked kinda like the DL fastpass but you just went anytime you wanted and got to jump in the front of the line, only waiting behind those with the same pass.

Would you say the all day pass is worht it? I know it comes with te meal and % off merchandise, but will it get us that many more *good* rides in to make it worth it? What rides are with the program?

• Circle of Ancients

^ There is no "all-day" pass. They are sold in increments of 4 tickets that allow you to get on 4 rides. Or if you have 4 people, the 4 tickets allow you to get on 1 ride.

So if you want to use it for 12 rides then it will cost you $45.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ There is no "all-day" pass. They are sold in increments of 4 tickets that allow you to get on 4 rides. Or if you have 4 people, the 4 tickets allow you to get on 1 ride.

So if you want to use it for 12 rides then it will cost you $45.
    Gregg, there is a new VIP Thrill Pass for an extra $79 after you paid for admission....

You get a meal at Mooseburgers, reserved seating at shows, a photo with a character, and "Flash Pass Unlimited access"

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...74955136/Large

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast