Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Universal Studios Hollywood Questions

I'm going to be going to Universal Studios Hollywood on Sunday, How busy has the park been during the summer? What is Revenge of the Mummy and JP: The ride like?

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood Questions

I was at Universal Studios for the first time on July 4th and I'm going to say that if you can I'd rush to Jurrasic Park and the Mummy first

I dunno there are other people who probably have better advice but the problem on my trip was that Jurrasic Park went down for a long time durring the day and came back up when I was in line for the Mummy so when I finaly got to it the line was about an hour long (even though all the outside signs still said fifteen minutes and by the time I made it through the entire line and ride and off the sign had only been changed to 30 min)

it seems that if you get there early enough the waits are 5 min at least according to the uper lot signs

Jurrasic Park is great though

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Revenge of the Mummy is a roller coaster that launches you off into pitch darkness and a bunch of black lights and strobe lights light up pictures as you fly by them, then you go through it backwards before getting blasted with fog at the end. Jurrasic Park is a water ride, it takes you through the time of the dinosaurs and then takes you through a industrial scene where a t-rex awaits you, then you plunge straight down a waterfall until you reach the end.

• Minion

The Mummy sucks. That's all you really need to know. Keep your expectations REALLY low, and you might enjoy it. Jurassic Park is great though.

Blog Entries

is it a different version of the mummy than we have in Orlando? The one in Orlando is great.

• Why do you keep talking?

I liked both Mummy's, but I do think Florida's is much better (real fire is all I'll say) but Hollywood's is a lot of fun and the backwards part actually had more then just a small drop.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, it's best to head to the lower lot when you arrive in the morning.

Then do the Tram tour. Hopefully, you will get a good Tram host. That can make a world of difference in your Tram "experience". Matt is our favorite.

Have a blast!

• Why do you keep talking?

doesn't "whoopi" host the tram now? Havn't been for the changes, so not sure what it's like now.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    doesn't "whoopi" host the tram now? Havn't been for the changes, so not sure what it's like now.
    yes she does

I saw it when I was there but since it's my first time and my first tram tour I have no standard to really compare it to

whoopi was put in at moments when your mostly just driving around looking at stuff I'm guessing for some narriration

my g/f wanted to know if she had some sort of discount work for theme parks or something lol (after seeing her on both Golden Dreams and the Tram TOur)

• ...TWO BITS!

1) Go do the lower lot attractions. JP and Mummy have single rider lines if the crowds get too busy. OTHER ATTRACTIONS: Special Effects stages, Backdraft, I Love Lucy Tribute, food, snacks, aracade, shops, and green screen photo.

2) Then do Back to the Future (the wait time for this ride I think is usually long). Or do BTTF and then the lower lot. Next do the studio tour. The tour is usually appx. 45 minutes. On weekdays, they won't go through Wysteria Lane. On weekends, they usually do go through.

3) The rest is pretty much on showtimes or you're free to do which ever one in order. ATTRACTIONS: Shrek 4D, Terminator 2: 3D, Hollywood Animal Actors, Fear Factor LIVE, Waterworld, Van Helsing: Fortress Dracula (this usually never has any waits), Nickelodean BLAST zone, Coke Soak, shops, food, and snacks.

4) Upper lot also has Blues Brothers and the random costumed character show & meet n greets. I usually skip these.

That should pretty much cover it.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• done

I would suggest riding Revenge of the Mummy first thing in the morning, when there's maybe a 5 or 10 minute wait, because really, it's not worth waiting longer for that ride. It starts off decently as a dark ride and then has the roller coaster part. And then just when it's starting to get good, bam, you come to a dead stop. I won't give the rest away, but it's the start of a good ride - it's just too bad they stopped there. And yes, from what I've heard, the Orlando version is TONS better.

I like the Jurassic Park ride ok, but I wish they hadn't tamed down the water part so much. I think I got wetter on the tram tour and the Terminator 3D attractions.

Best thing in the park is the Terminator attraction imo.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    The Mummy sucks. That's all you really need to know. Keep your expectations REALLY low, and you might enjoy it. Jurassic Park is great though.
    Man I couldn't agree with you more. I went on that sucker back in November '04. Thank God there was no line otherwise I would have been pissed off! The ride is sooooooo short and it's so dark in there you can't see anything. Right when I actually got into it...the ride ended. Soooooooo disappointed! I wish the E.T. ride was still there!

• The Twilight Zone

the mummy isnt really what i say is good id still go on it and id still go on JP

• Banned User

The Mummy sucks.

I actually said at the end of the ride my first time when I went on it: "That's it? What a cheap-a$$ ride."

LOL. Anyways....

Go see Water World - that's a GREAT show!

JP is neat to, especially since my uncle gave me a behind-the-scenes tour of it a few years ago.

when the mummy ride first debuted i was so excited. i had gone on the rock and roller coaster at WDW. i figured since this ride is about a scary creature this roller coaster would be assume. especially after the promotions claiming that the ride was supposed to be really scary. first the que area of the mummy looks assume, so i was totally pumped up for the ride. the ride is a complete joke. no loops and it ends all of the sudden when your thinking the next part coming up has to have loops. where are the inversions that make the rock and roller coaster so incredible. indoor loops make you lose the sense of whats up and whats down.

as for jurassic park, i love it. its the best attraction at universal hollywood by far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast