• Sector Two Droid Repair

Thumbs down Bad food service at USH

I went to USH yesterday and waited almost forty minutes for one open cash register (five closed ones) at Doc Brown's Chicken at noon. When I finally got to the register, the girl said their credit card machine was broken so I had to use cash. Two minutes later, I got the food and it was cold and hard as a rock.

How come they can't open another cash register on a very crowed day? Why can't they inform people in line that is cash only? Why does it take so long to order from one of four choices?

Disney seems to understand how to handle food service by having decent food, multiple cash registers that take credit cards and cast members around to inform you of problem. Why can USH do this?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Bad food service at USH

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience at USH.

I'm thankful that in over 25 years of enjoying USH, we've never encountered a problem like that, though we've had AP's that didn't work at the gates, a flat tire on the Tram, a stuck Tram, lousy Tram hosts, but never a bad food experience.

Of course, there's always next time...

Enjoy!

• Sector Two Droid Repair

For the most part, it was great day though. That reminds me of the time when the tram blew its transmission in the middle of New York sets when I was there last year. We sat for 45 minutes without a restroom waiting for a replacement tram watching lots of movie clips.
    Last edited by phruby; 07-28-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Monorail Racer

It's too bad you had the bad food service there. I've never had an issue with the food at USH. It's usually Six Flags. I was at Six Flags America in May and waited nearly 35 minutes from getting in line to getting my burger. I was only the fifth person to order in my group (only one couple was in front of us when we got in line). Once I ordered (very simple burger basket), it took about 10-12 minutes for the order to come up. The first three people in our group had long since finished their lunch by the time I arrived at the table. It's VERY frustrating to receive service like that.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ That sounds like SFoG. My aunt hit SFA this year and said the opposite of you...everything even the food was quick and good.

• Monorail Racer

Go figure! I'm sure it changes from location to location within a park, the day, the employees working, etc. Most of the time, most parts do well enough with the food service (the food is a bit more iffy sometimes), but when the service goes down, it does so in a hurry!

Best food and service I've received in a non-Disney park would be the Busch Gardens parks. I've always been served pretty quickly and the food at Busch Gardens Europe in particular is quite good.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hmm. You know I can't say anyon outside of Disney is great at park food. Lol, except reigional parks. Anything that is part of a chain seems pretty bad, either through price, quality, or speed. Gotta love Disney.

• ...TWO BITS!

I tried a burger in the Jurassic Park area, was TERRIBLE! I never really eat at USH, I just wanted to try it out. I'll probably won't eat anything at USH. Maybe just a Churro Sundae, but that's it.

Isn't Doc Brown's the slowest food line?? I thought it was. It just came out of refurb, maybe that has something to do with phruby's experience??

I got stuck in the tram quite a few times: IN the parting the red seas, stuck on the pier of JAWS, before the Mummy tunnel...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park