• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

USH "Halloween Horror Nights" return beginning Friday the 13th of October

Universal Studios Hollywood Re-Invents the Theme Park Halloween Experience With 'Halloween Horror Nights' Returning Universal Backlot to Its Horror Roots for Seven Nights of Terror Beginning Friday the 13th of October

Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of LA, will blur the line between frightful illusion and grim reality with "Halloween Horror Nights" beginning Friday, October 13. The event will be helmed by "The Director"--a sociopathic auteur--who will convert Universal's working studio backlot and the theme park's rides and attractions into a transformative horror experience. Universal Studios Hollywood presents "Halloween Horror Nights" on Oct. 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28 and 31.

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Aug. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A., will reinvent the Halloween theme park experience this year with "Halloween Horror Nights," creating the ambiance of a true "horror genre" production, incorporating scenic and special effects resources of the studio's famed backlot for a transformative horror experience.

"Halloween Horror Nights" will extend over seven nights beginning Friday the 13th of October and continue Oct. 14, 20-21, 27-28 and on Halloween, October 31.

The "Halloween Horror Nights" experience will be staged as a production by "The Director," a mysterious and demented horror genre auteur who will convert Universal's working studio backlot and the theme park's most popular rides and attractions into terrifyingly realistic settings for anintense and enveloping manifestation of mayhem. Actors and guests willintermingle seamlessly for an immersive experience that will shatter pre-conceptions, transcending notions of horror genre theatrics and "Halloween maze" experiences to take visitors to a state of extreme dread, shock and terror.

For the first time in the studio's 93-year history, guests will be able to disembark from studio trams and walk among the historic sets of the Universal backlot, birthplace of the horror genre. The backlot experience-- incorporating such Hollywood landmarks as Psycho House and the War ofthe Worlds disaster scene-will play a central role in "The Director's "Universal Studios Hollywood's "Halloween Horror Nights" production, a scenario that calls for guests to be transported into eerie, darkened sets while subjected to disorienting and unnerving interactive experiences.

Universal Studios Hollywood's "Halloween Horror Nights" will also feature multiple performances by trance music/performance artists TheMutaytor, a multi-media ensemble that was formed at the legendary BurningMan Festival by members of Oingo Boingo, Supertramp and other musical and theatrical groups. The Mutaytor's blend of pyrotechnics, stunt performance,tribal dancers and pounding percussion -- a riotously surreal techno-retro-funk-audience -- will add a spine-tingling and alarming element to the overall Halloween experience.

Specially created entertainment pieces will bring added production value to "The Director's" scenario. Among them, "Chucky's Insultorium" will provide a mix of menace and humor to the event while the "Carnival of Carnage" will feature the best of medieval torture artists, swordswallowers, fire and glass eaters, human pincushions and those with a hearty appetite for cockroaches, worms and maggots.

Universal Studios Hollywood's favorite attractions will remain open for the nighttime Halloween Horror Nights experience, but many will feature a menacing twist. The standing sets and themed streets of the park will betransformed into scenes from "The Director's" dark vision. "WaterWorld" (transformed into "Slaughter World" for the occasion), "Jurassic Park -- In the Dark," the "Revenge of the Mummy" psychological thrill ride and the twists and turns of the "Back to the Future" will all seem like tranquil respites from "The Director's" bedlam. Universal's "Halloween Horror Nights" comes to life for seven nights over the course of three consecutive weekends: October 13-14, 20-21 and 27-28, and 31. The event will begin nightly at 7:00
    PM.
    SOURCE Universal Studios Hollywood
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: USH "Halloween Horror Nights" return beginning Friday the 13th of October

Yep, we'll be there!

Glad to see that Chucky's back!

We've been to all of the HHN's since they had the first one in the parking structure.

They're a blast!

Thanks!

• The Twilight Zone

have you guys ever been to the Knott's Scary farm? Im wondering if that is better.

Well, Knott's was better when USH kind of lost interest in HHN's and just did it for the money (at least that is how we felt the last two years that they did it). We weren't surprised when they pulled the plug on it.

BUT...We are glad to see it back!

Knott's was very cool, though.

Have you checked out the Halloween haunts site? Ted has some great info on Knotts. He has a mailing list that you can sign up for too.

Enjoy!

• ...TWO BITS!

When are tickets available? And how much?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

tickets will be available online soon, as far as i know.

we're currently selling them inside the park for $39.95. the price is going to be $49.95. horror nights will also have the front of the line pass for this special event. anyone who's ever done the front of the line pass (naysayers and yeahsayers), this is an awesome opportunity. those tickets will be $89 at the online store and $79 inside the park.

my suggestion? if you have an annual pass to ush, come up and buy tickets inside the park. its cheaper.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I think I might be able to buy them less expensive at my college's Box Office. They sold Knott's Scary Farm last year. And my free AP just expired.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by kickcows
    tickets will be available online soon, as far as i know.

we're currently selling them inside the park for $39.95. the price is going to be $49.95. horror nights will also have the front of the line pass for this special event. anyone who's ever done the front of the line pass (naysayers and yeahsayers), this is an awesome opportunity. those tickets will be $89 at the online store and $79 inside the park.

my suggestion? if you have an annual pass to ush, come up and buy tickets inside the park. its cheaper.

I don't know if they will do this again or not, but...

At least in the past, if they don't sell out for an evening, they offer tickets for $20 in the Park on the day of the event.

But you do risk not being to get in at all if you count on this way to get tix cheap. It's just a great opportunity for last minute folks that are already enjoying the Park that day.

Enjoy!

• Theme Park Advocate

I did not see this posted yet but the Director has a great understanding of technology. He has utilizied the most popular site on the web to explain his artistc mind. That correct Mr. Pavel Pranevsky has his own myspace page.
    Pranevsky's MySpace Page
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder