• Neep meep beep

Pirates Dinner Theater and Adventure, Buena Park - Photo Review!

So what does the wife want to do the day after Napa Rose? Why, the cheesy Pirates show in Buena Park, of course!

The plot, for those that haven't been, involves pirates who dress in different colors (corresponding to seating sections in the theater), who capture a pirate pricess and her contortionist gypsy handmaiden (what thuh...?). The pirates compete with each other for the princess, through various audience interactive contests, and one eventually leads a mutiny and wins the princesses hand. Pirate stuff ensues.

Me and my little pirate:

The finale - children from the audience are redcoats, attacking the ship...

This is really a "check your mind at the door" kind of evening. The program made no logical sense. I mean why would a princess be out floating in the middle of the ocean with a gypsy girl (with no name) who can spin on ropes with her teeth?!?

The food was better than expected, with generous portions, although the "premium seating" ($10 more") wasn't needed. They promised us front row seats, but we got second tier (out of four rows, each with a good view - it's a very small theater), and a headband and cheap plastic beads.

Not recommended, but if you do have a child obsessed with pirates, might be worth checking out.

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Pirates Dinner Theater and Adventure, Buena Park - Photo Review!

I'm pretty sure they brought that Pirate Dinner Theater because of the recent POTC movie craze.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Neep meep beep

You may be very, very right. This was formerly a "Wild Bills Western Showcase" or something, and didn't do so well with the western theme. I'm sure that they capitalized on the Pirates theme (as did Legoland - see my other trip review), helped along by the Mouse House.

• insufferable know-it-all

Actually, they'd been planning the Pirates transition for quite some time now. Just finally got it off the ground.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Neep meep beep

Thanks, Goonie - say, can you move my "Legoland Photo review" that was mistakenly placed in the "Disney non-parks" section, to this area of the site?

• I met Walt Disney!

Yep, if you have some money to throw around for dinner theater, don't waste it on Pirates. I agree that the food was generous, but the show was tedious at best. After about the first 20 minutes, there is nothing new to see. Go to Medieval Times down the street, or eat at the Blue Bayou and ride POTC a few times.