• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Anyone remember Nickelodeon Studios Time capsule?

well, as most of us know.. univeral's Nickelodeon studios in orlando has been closed for a while and in 1992 a special episode was held to bury a time capsule with old nickelodeon toys as a gift to kids i the future and it wasn't to be opened until the year 2042...

I say in 2042 we all meet up and help open it.. right?

Right?

nope!

IT IS GONE!!

here is a pic of what it used to be:

Sorry for the size...

Also the slime fountain was removed along with the huge sign... some of us might recall "Slime Time live" or "Splat!" or several other shows that took place there, well so much for the kids of the future!

• Huh?

Re: Anyone remember Nickelodeon Studios Time capsule?

Hmm... didn't know it closed. Why? Does it have anything to do with it being a Paramount/Viacom company? Lease expire? Seemed to be a very popular section of the park every time I went...
    -Tim

• We're number one!

I actually remember this and I always doubted it would make it to 2042. I didn't realize it was already gone though! I remember looking at the fountain and this time capsule when I was younger. So sad it's gone. When I was younger I loved going to Nickelodeon studios because of the shows that were on when I was younger like The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains it All, Rocko's Modern Life etc. Well I could go on for a while. I can't say much for Nickelodeon now, but that's a topic for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Hmm... didn't know it closed. Why? Does it have anything to do with it being a Paramount/Viacom company? Lease expire? Seemed to be a very popular section of the park every time I went...
    I thought it was because most of the production offices were moved to New York, so after that, there really wasn't much of a studio anymore to give a tour of. I could be wrong though, but they just opened the Jimmy Neutron attraction there recently that replaced the Hannah Barbara attraction.

Blog Entries

they closed the studios as they didn't have need for them anymore. Almost all they do on Nickelodeon is cartoons now so there's no need for the big production studios. Personally if Nick isn't going to be in the park I wish they'd get rid of Jimmy and put something else there as well.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    they closed the studios as they didn't have need for them anymore. Almost all they do on Nickelodeon is cartoons now so there's no need for the big production studios. Personally if Nick isn't going to be in the park I wish they'd get rid of Jimmy and put something else there as well.

They have been talking about putting a Simpons themed ride there where Jimmy is

Look for The Simpons in the Back to The Future building.

Blog Entries

The rumors have been that Simpsons will be going in BTTF, but it's sounding more and more like BTTF might just be going down for a refurb. Universal hasn't announced a thing yet so it's anybody's guess. I'd love to see Simpson's in the park and I'd love for them to be in place of Jimmy since they're slowly removing all the Nickelodeon references from the park. So I'd love to see BTTF just get a major refurb which it needs and see a Simpson's ride go at Jimmy. I'll just have to wait and see.

• I am in Orlando

The thing though with jimmy is, its only what Three years old, four max. I dont think they would do that to that ride, because its the only thing in that park that 4 or 5 or 6 years kids can relate to in that park. I sure that they seen men in black or ET. But the kids dont know or care about Twister which might scare them or Earthquake, or never have seen JAWS or even BTTF. I think we will see JIMMY there for a other 5 years.

• Married and happy again!!

It seems strange that they are slowly removing all the Nick stuff especialy when they had just did the Nick suites at the hotel just like 2 years ago. It is a shame to see this all happen the Nick Studios was a favorite thing to see when we went to USF back in the day. BTW I hope they don't get rid of BTTF ride I still like that one.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Vaguely remember the capsule, but everything else. They gave away a couch, award ceremonies, giveaways, everything. They used to say at the end of sitcoms, filmed at Universal Studios Florida in front of a live audience. They used to have Double Dare, GUTS, and um the original All That..What do they plan on doing with the time capsule? And what did they put in the time capsule? The first post said toys, like the ones they made Gak, Floam, all that stuff. Talk about lousy to open up in the year 2042, they would have thought everybody played with neon colored gooey liquids.

Blog Entries

Kids from all over sent things in to be placed in that time capsule. They put in things that they thought represented that time frame. So I don't know what went in but I imagine books, music, toys, videos, etc...

• Married and happy again!!

Does anyone remember the Hidden Temple game show? Man was that a fun one to see filmed. Or How about Finders Keepers? I would like to know what they did with the time capsule. Even if they are leaving USF they should have left the capsule in place it was only right.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Blog Entries

I'm hoping that maybe it is getting moved down to the Nick hotel in Orlando or at the very least remaining sealed and in a Nickelodeon office somewhere. It seems Nick is slowly pulling out of the studios, so maybe they wanted their time capsule and are going to put it somewhere else.