• Playtester

Mini USH trip report

We went to Universal Studios Hollywood on Tuesday 8/22. They got rid of the all you can drink pass, we were kinda sad over that. It's easily abused, but it was worth it. The park was mostly full of tour groups. There was almost no wait for a lot of the rides. Back to the Future was posted at 25 min, but was 8. It also wasn't running all of the cars I think. When I looked over, one of the cars in our row wasn't working, and our car felt like it was about to take a dive off. Jurassic Park was posted 5 and was around 10. Mummy I think hubby waited about 10 min for too.

They were filming a Mercury commercial on new york street, and I think a bunch of Desperate Housewives children had taken over the grassy area by earthquake (we didn't get to go through earthquake). The fast and the furious part of the tram was pretty funny. I don't have a clue what happened there, but it was pretty funny.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Mini USH trip report

Nice report. Haha, the F&F is a joke compared to the other attractions they have for the tram tour. But I recently saw a video of F&F where the tram stops and they do a "technical rehearsal". Then they do all the effects. They add maybe 15 seconds to the already short presentation. At least they try...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Earthquake was down for a few days to do some service work on it. Don't worry. Its back and shaking away. I'm sorry you didn't get to experience an 8.3 earthquake. did you get to go on wisteria lane though?

kingdom hearts <3er

• A Pirate's life for me!

The all you can "drink" pass??? Or the all you can EAT pass?

The eating one was a great value...Especially at first when it included drinks. Someone wised up and removed the drinks from the offer.

They had a drink special where you buy a large character jug and then got free refills. They changed it though to 99 cent refills (or was it $1.99 ?).

And I agree. F&F is (sadly) a joke. I just can't get into two cars spinning around on a VERY visible shaft.

Anyway, thanks for the report!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I think there was a separate drink pass to pay up more with the eat pass. Seems like what he's saying is you can't even buy a drink pass. So now there is really only a food pass. I can't believe they're still fooling around with that deal. Guess they're still trying out different deals and see how they turn out.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Playtester

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    ^ I think there was a separate drink pass to pay up more with the eat pass. Seems like what he's saying is you can't even buy a drink pass. So now there is really only a food pass. I can't believe they're still fooling around with that deal. Guess they're still trying out different deals and see how they turn out.
    When we went the begining of the summer/early in the year it was all you can eat for 19.99 for adults and 9.99 kids. Then you had all you can drink for 4.99. The sipper refils were 1.99.

Now the eat pass is 24.99/14.99 and that doesn't include drinks (least I think) and there is no more all you can drink. The sipper refils were 99 cents.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney