Magic Mountain with kids- Trip report

24August Magic Mountain with Kids- Trip report

Iím a week behind here, but with a 3, 2, and 6 month old, it takes awhile to get a minute alone to put my thoughts down!
    The base doesnít sell the two-park pass, so we ended up with just Magic Mountain tickets, Weíll try the water park next year, if its still there! We left Port Hueneme by 5 am, and arrived at my mother-in-lawís hotel to a surprise:

Jamie McMurray was taking up the parking lot!
    Hereís an overview of our experiences from the park

Bugs Bunny World- When our group split up, my fun really started. The men and SIL went for the coasters, while, me, MIL and BILís girlfriend headed off to Bugs Bunny World. It was a blast. This is when you notice the main change in yourself when you become a parent. My kids were smiling and having the time of their life, and it made my day. When people say ďWhy take them, they wonít remember itĒ I want to show them a picture of my little ones with a big smile on their face and say ďThatís why!Ē My only wish would be in my husband would have stayed with us, because he misses so much, I wish he could have had a part in those memories. Oh well, heís a guy, what can you do

Iím going to correct the bad-mouthing on this and other boards regarding Six Flags employees- every ride operator we encountered in Bug World was friendly, helpful, and never did I see the disregard and incompetence that I heard about. These guys really made the day that much better Bravo Zulu all around!
    Money- Very, very minimal! We ate before and after, and in between got the kids a lunch box to split. We had the Camelback, but also invested in the $10 cup, with $1 refills, which was well worth it.
    Also, we spent some money in the midway- we were hit by the mind control gasses!

The guess your age or weight booth was a riot! Hereís a tip- they are giving that stuff away!!! They told my husband he looks 35 (really upset and area heís already insecure about) and MIL sheís 35. So go to that booth if you want a cheap souvenir!
    The guys invested in the Flashpasses, which really were a waste of time on that particular day. They had 4 of them leftover at the end of the day. It was really slow, so whatís the point of a Flashpass if you walk right on anyway? And the Flashpass line on Tatsu was just as long as the queue, so it was kind of a waste!
    Coasters- I only got on a few, so hereís what I thought of them:
    Tatsu- I followed the online advice and held my breath and pulled down as far as I could on the restraint, so the ride was very smooth. I didnít start yelling like a girl until the loop! Itís a good thing they designed this coaster to make you drop your gum before it stars, huh?! (Very, very gross assortment of chewed gum!)

Viper- Here I noticed one of the main differences from Disney- the loading system. There was no way to keep the group together, because everyone pretty much stayed in the same line. There was no direction- only 2 operators on the whole loading platform. And I got to thwart to famous line jumpers by not letting them push past my group. Thatís when you know you fall in the older person category- when the teenagers shoot you dirty looks! Next question- what are all of the blank TV screens for?
    Riddlerís Revenge: Would have been a good coaster, but for the extremely painful restraint system! I did a kid swap, so I must have missed the instructions on how to fix the seat area, but I was on my tiptoes and seriously hurting! Itís a good thing we are done having children, because that might have fixed the issue altogether!
    Overall, it was a great day, and if you have small children, have fun! It was not nearly as bad as I had heard, or maybe I just went on a good day. We had a great time. Thanks everyone for all of the advice beforehand!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Closed Account

Re: Magic Mountain with kids- Trip report

Very glad to hear you guys had a great time! Too bad you didn't get to see any of the wonderful shows for the kids, and the whole group.

• Circle of Ancients

Nice TR. The ride operators in the kids area are very good ... I guess I could have mentioned that before you left.

Glad you had a good time. I'll have to remember about the guess your age booth.

We always have good luck with the ride operators as well. We had a great one in line for gold rusher. he had the whole line singing "if you're happy and you know it..." it was a hoot.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Ive never taken my kids to MM cause I didnt think theyd have fun, now I may have to re-think that.

• Just Me

The blank tv screens in Viper (and a few other rides) used to show various WB cartoons to entertain you whie you waited in line.

• C4C6C

Regarding the truck and trailer taking up all the spots, what you do is park a car directly in front and one directly behind it in the stalls. Then just watch the frustration on the owner when he comes out to move his vehicle. I do this all the time to people.

Back on topic. I think you just went on a slow day when the normal crowds were obviously not there. Glad you had a good time though. If SFMM is still open next year, I might take my kids back.

• C4C6C

I have never had a problem with the employees in the kiddie land area. It is always with the employees at the big coasters. All the problems have been listed before, so I am not going to put them here again.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    24August Magic Mountain with Kids- Trip report
    Riddlerís Revenge: Would have been a good coaster, but for the extremely painful restraint system! I did a kid swap, so I must have missed the instructions on how to fix the seat area, but I was on my tiptoes and seriously hurting! Itís a good thing we are done having children, because that might have fixed the issue altogether!
    lol....The Riddler's Revenge restraint system. If you don't adjust it just right in that short amount of time, you will be in store for a most painful ride. I love that ride though, one of the best coasters there. How was Tatsu??

I love Magic Mountain! I even have a Season Pass! I'm rather annoyed that they bumped up the price of parking....last year it was $10, this year it went up to $15 but I know that they are having money issues and are considering selling the land to developers so if they have to increase parking by $5 I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Did you and your kids have some funnel cake before you left? That was always my favorite...having some funnel cake after a long day of screaming my head off!