• Circle of Ancients

USF announces new "Premium" Annual Pass

Now this is what I'm talking about. Take a hint Disney.

http://www.universalorlando.com/tic_annual_premier.html

When you purchase Universal Orlando’s new 2-PARK PREMIER ANNUAL PASS you’ll receive a never-before-available array of exclusive privileges, in addition to the wealth of benefits available with the Preferred Annual Pass!

It's the Ultimate in Theme Park Privileges and Convenience!
    EXCLUSIVE PREMIER ANNUAL PASS BENEFITS INCLUDE

Unlimited Universal Express PlusSM †† after 4:00pm
    Free preferred self-parking every time you visit
    Free valet parking (excludes holidays & special events)
    8 Free bottles of Zephyrhills water at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
    One free ticket to Halloween Horror Nights (9/29, 9/30, or any Sunday – Thursday event night)^
    All club access† to CityWalk for passholders (excludes concerts & special events)
    All club access† to CityWalk for one passholder guest (Sun-Thurs nights excluding concerts & special events)
    Hotel benefits during your stay at a Universal hotel:
    • Complimentary room upgrade1 upon arrival
    • 20% discount2 at Mandara Spa at Portofino Bay Hotel
    • Suite upgrade3 for $50 upon check-in
    • Free access to on-site hotel fitness centers4
    • Complimentary sleeve of golf balls when participating in the Golf Universal Orlando program

• Additional Premier Pass Benefits
    And all of that is only $279.

Blog Entries

Re: USF announces new "Premium" Annual Pass

It's too expensive for me. If I'm going to spend that much money on an annual pass, I'll just go ahead and buy the Disney Seasonal pass. I do have the Universal Annual pass, but it was 100 dollars cheaper. Disney's version of this would probably be over 700 dollars.

• done

Yep, that's the point. Disney *could* do what other parks do, but Disney's prices would be more expensive because Disney can command a higher price. And really, their parks are pretty crowded - they don't need to do this sort of thing. For the same price, I think a Disney AP would win out over another park.

Sea World offers a premium AP with a lot of perks, and when I had that pass, I used to enjoy it a lot. But the pass was designed to draw in more locals, it seemed. Disney doesn't need that per se, on top of everything else they do.

I had a Universal Hollywood pass for a year recently, and it was really cheap, though granted it was the lowest level pass. Totally not worth it to me. Maybe Universal Orlando would be better because of IOA.

• We're number one!

If they went ahead and let people use the flex pay, (where you pay a certain amout a month instead of everything right up front) I would consider it. The flex pay is what I'm doing right now for my Universal annual pass, which is something that I think Disney should take a cue from. I think people would be more receptive to paying a certain amout a month instead of 300-400 dollars all at one time. I know I would!

• Circle of Ancients

^ We do the Flex-Pay for our Sea World passes and it's great. I agree, I with USH and Disney would get on that.

Blog Entries

If Disney offered the flex pay option I would so be all over that as well. As it turned out, I picked up the Universal passes because I got two years for the price of one. That was totally worth it.

• Banned User

Thats a pretty good deal. Although i would get bored at that park. But eat at Doc Browns fried chicken all day.