As we all know, when Walt was thinking up ideas for Disneyland, he visited Chrildrens Fairy Land in Oakland CA, for some ideas. Here's some pictures from Fairyland from the early 1950's. See if you can see where Walt got some of his ideas from.
Some facts about Fairyland:
Children's Fairyland is a 10 acre park at Lake Merritt in downtown Oakland, CA
- Children’s Fairyland was created in 1950.
- It was designed by William Russell Everett.
- It was financed by the Lake Merritt Breakfast Club as well as some other community organizations.
- Day-to-day operations were turned over to the City of Oakland in 1994.
- Oakland Children's Fairyland, Inc., a non-profit corporation, now operates the parks.
The Golden Key.
The barn of the little red hen
The 3 little pigs
The Jolly Trolley
Rub a dub dub
The Happy Dragon
The Walrus and the Carpenter
The Sugar Plum Tree
The Cuckoo Clock
Chapel of Peace
Woman Who Lived In A Shoe
Willie, The Blue Whale
Mary Had A Little Lamb
Goosey Goosey Gander
The Merry Miller
The Merry Miller II
Hickory Dickory Dock
Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater Refreshment Stand
Wonder go Round
Rub A Dub Dub (Black and White)
Information from here was found at http://www.alamedainfo.com/Childrens...nd_Oakland.htm