Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Universal HHN... dont even bother going

I thought the return of HHN at Universal was going to be the highlight of my life! It turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments. I think it was actually just a big expensive "Full Throttle" energy drink promotion… The mazes seemed to lack people to actually scare you... The Terror Tram sounds amazing and once you get off the tram it looks awesome but the way its set up it’s not really scary, AT ALL ("you do plan to have dinosaurs, on your dinosaur tour?")... The shows were sooooooooooooooo soooooooooo awful with the exception of the T&A dance breaks in the Fear Factor show, one of those boys had me at hello... And FYI unlike previous years they are NOT selling alcohol this year! So it wasn’t scary, I couldn’t get drunk to help it out, if you didn’t have a front of the line pass you probably only got on 2 things because the lines were so long and to top it all off I did not see "the Director" AT ALL... I hope they get it right next time around because it was so much better than tonight.

• We're number one!

Re: Universal HHN... dont even bother going

I thought you were talking about HHN at Universal Orlando until you mentioned them not selling alcohol. Every five feet there a stand selling some here at HHN! lol.
    Last edited by SpookyBear; 10-14-2006 at 07:20 AM.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I heard the rain put a real damper on things too.

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Wow, and here I was all hyped up about going. You saying it's a good thing I haven't paid for tickets yet?

Anyone else have a review of HHN?

• The Original ;)

My friends and I were really dissappointed too. We were underwelmed by the terror tram (although I have to say the walk through part was the best part of the whole experience.) The monsters walking around were not scary at all. The last time they had Halloween Horror Nights here I remember them being much more in your face scary. I didn't even see any on kneepads this year. The worst part was that at the end of the evening we wasted time on "Slaughter World." With the name "Slaughter World" I had high hopes. I expected to see some fake blood or something. But no, basically it was just a slightly more risque version of Water World. I was really dissappointed by the whole night. I do hope for USH's sake that because it was the first night, and it was slightly damp that they just didn't get the kinks worked out yet and that it's going to improve. Personally, I'm just glad that I'm going to Knott's in a couple weeks.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

The best part of my night was when we saw a "scare actor" try to scare this group of little asians! About 10 of them all gathered around him and started singing Happy Birthday! It was the best part of the night.

• Banned User

I had fun..

There were some people on knee pads..

And I was one of the first people in the park so I did everything with no line.. maybe you shoulda gotten there earlier..

^^
    I did experience everything as well its just nothing there was worth going to Universal for... I was just giving those going or thinking of going an idea of what to expect when they get there so they don't come out as dissapointed as I was.

• Banned User

I had fun.. I don't see what was so wrong with it. But I only paid $20 to go lol.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I enjoyed it.... and there were no lines at JP or Revenge of the mummy, we walked right through... but we always go to the lower lot right when it opens just for this purpose... the terror tram was the only dissappointment to me, the longest wait was 80 minutes but that was completely wrong, we never stopped moving in line, it was only about 35 minutes for us... I likes the overall idea of it with the fog and lighting and flames and such... Slaughter World to me was the best thing there because of all of the jokes and the way they transformed it into a dance club towards the end...

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    ... the terror tram was the only dissappointment to me, the longest wait was 80 minutes but that was completely wrong, we never stopped moving in line, it was only about 35 minutes for us... I likes the overall idea of it with the fog and lighting and flames and such... ...
    Could someone here maybe give a "spoiler alert" and then give a play-by-play description of the Terror Tram Tour please? I'm interested in it, and we have USH passes, but my wife is not very brave and I'd like to:

1. Hear about it cause I'm interested
    2. Figure out if it's something I can take her to

Thanks in advance. I'd really appreciate it.
    socal

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I thought the return of HHN at Universal was going to be the highlight of my life! It turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments.
    I'm thinking your expectations were just a tad bit too high. But anyway, please remember to specify which HHN you're referring to, as USH's event is not the original and your review could potentially confuse people.

Spoiler
    the terror tram is as follows: you are taken down to the whoeville area and are left off the tram as you are now to participate in the 'director's vision'. you go through the bates motel, as well as by the pyscho house, and then you walk through the 747 crash site to get back to your tram. while zombies come and scare you.

understand that ush hasn't done a hhn for over 5 years. it went a lot better than they thought it would, but yes. there are some kinks in it.

words to wise: if you have an ap, come in the day of the event. the Hollywood Ticket Outlet is selling tix for $19 and you get to stay in the park when they kick out all the other guests at 6 pm.

did anyone see 'mutatyor'? i heard that the show is pretty wicked. as well as the carnival "freak" show.
    kingdom hearts <3er

Thumbs down Re: Universal HHN... dont even bother going

i too thought it was a dissapointment..kinda. the most disappointing thing to me was the time the event was opened. 7-12? on a saturday? and with the long lines for the 2 mazes there wasnt enough time do see the shows and rides. There seemed to be a lack of monsters and was surprised to see the monsters "take brakes" during a 5 hour event. and was it just me or was there A LOT of pigs and Tony Montana's?

Quote Originally Posted by kickcows View Post

understand that ush hasn't done a hhn for over 5 years. it went a lot better than they thought it would, but yes. there are some kinks in it.

words to wise: if you have an ap, come in the day of the event. the Hollywood Ticket Outlet is selling tix for $19 and you get to stay in the park when they kick out all the other guests at 6 pm.

did anyone see 'mutatyor'? i heard that the show is pretty wicked. as well as the carnival "freak" show.
    mutatyor in my opinion was stupid and a "weak" show..but it was funny when their dog thing fell off the stage and every1 rushed to help him or her. the freak show was pretty good with only 2 people and 1 assistant. but thats about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast