Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xcelerator

Xcelerator

Hi, I am a disnoid who is taking a trip to Knott's Berry Farm. I can ride everyride at Disneyland and every other ride at Knott's besides Xcelerator. It's just so intimidating! I want to know how scary it is. Friends have told me that the launch is just like California Screamn and that the drop is quick and not as scary as Ghostrider. Please Help!
    5 days a week

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Xcelerator

The launch is WAY more intense than Screamin'. The Drop is WAY more intense than Ghostrider.

That being said, the ride is like 18 seconds long. It's smooth and VERY fun. My 10 year old daughter LOVES it.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Banned User

Your friends are 100% correct.

The Launch is just like Screamin' but picture 20 MPH faster. The ride is weak, and fun. Not scary at all! If you can do any ride at knotts, you can do this. Give it a try. Its only a 15 second ride!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Come on ...

Yes the launch is 'technically' only 27mph more than Screamin' ... but the intensity of the launch is ALOT higher. That being said if you can ride Montezooma's revenge, you can ride Xcelerator. The launch isn't much more intense than that.

I've found out a long time ago that the way to get people to try new rides, etc is not to lie to them. Tell them the truth.

The ride can be scary to some ... honestly. But it's also one of my favorite coasters around and I've ridden more than 130 of them.

I went to Knott's last Thurs with a group of daycamp kids. Out of my 12 kids only 1 didn't go on it. Everyone loved the ride. I'm a roller coaster person so I've been on much faster rides with much higher drops so this was nothing to me. It was over before I knew it but it was definitely fun!

i'd love to see those shoulders restraints on Xcelerator .

I like the lap bar but they shortened the seatbelts on that type of coasters like they did at Cedar Point .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    i'd love to see those shoulders restraints on Xcelerator .

I like the lap bar but they shortened the seatbelts on that type of coasters like they did at Cedar Point .
    One of the girls in the group that I took to Knott's on Thurs loves rollercoasters but psyches herself out before the rides with only lap bars. She freaked out on Ghostrider, Jaguar, and Accelorator! But after we got off the rides she wanted to go again...she would love shoulder harnesses!

Cedar Point is absolutely amazing!! I went this summer and Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster rocked my socks off!!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    Cedar Point is absolutely amazing!! I went this summer and Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster rocked my socks off!!
    Cedar Point is amazing. Its my favorite non-Disney, Non-IOA park.

• ...or just Tonny

Please, no shoulder restraints. There isn't a coaster on this planet that really needs them. They're just insurance nonsense.

And yes, Cedar Point is completely amazing. Top Thrill Dragster...I'd never thought sucha short ride would get into my top ten, but it did!
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

personally i've never ridden Xcelerator becuase every time we go to knotts i see that first hill just waving around in the wind like its about to fall over....that scares the bejeesus outta me
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• done

I finally tried Xcelerator a couple months ago. The drop is really cool, but the rest of the ride is incredibly short and lame. The biggest problem of the drop for me is that it's *really* steep, much more so than any of the drops on Screamin' or Ghost Rider. It was almost as bad as the drop on Goliath at Magic Mountain, but it was shorter, so it wasn't as bad for me. I love Goliath, but I hate that long, steep drop.

I guess it depends on what exactly about coasters scare you. Some people don't like loops, some people don't like drops. I've found that if I can scream during the parts that scare me, that helps as a release. I'd suggest not making the decision beforehand. Go and watch it for a while and then make your decision. Either way, it's just a coaster. Riding it or not riding it isn't going to have any significant effect on your life.

Have a good time!

• Across From DL

The Launch is more intense than Screamin' and nothing beats the view before you plummet back to the earth

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• For You!

I really wanted to ride this last June when we went. But, a million schools were there and the wait was over 2 hours. Oh well, maybe next time, if I decide to ever go back to Knotts.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The launch is WAY more intense than Screamin'. The Drop is WAY more intense than Ghostrider.

That being said, the ride is like 18 seconds long. It's smooth and VERY fun. My 10 year old daughter LOVES it.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    i totally agree i went on it once (Cried before we took off).. very very fast.. the drop is over before you know it... i thought the worse part would be way up so high, i didnt even notice that part.. i lvoed it actually and would do it again

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

The ride is fun but if it's over a 45 minute wait, go do something else. It's just way too short.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast