Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

10/20 Knotts Report

We left the house around 4:30 and headed over to Buena Park. We got their around 6:00 and went over to the Picnic Area to do the Pre Scare Dinner. I HIGHLY reccomend doing this, its 12 dollars I think..and you have an al you can eat buffet, hot dogs, chicken, its a BBQ so yeah...
    You can take your time, or shove it down like we did and head into the park a bit earlier than the other people! We got in the park around 6:40 and went directly to the mazes!!
    First Up

We went to this first beacause its the most popular (it takes place inside the log ride). Every year we expect to see great things on this, and it always delivers. This is a definite must this year.

Then we went on across the way to

I also always expect a lot from this. This year wasn't a great year for it...there were'nt too many live actors, but the ones they did have scared me and were very good. They didn't put those ghosts flying around in the main cave area, which was little disappointing, but has a giant spider in its place.
    Next We went over to

Lost Vegas took the place of "Malice in Wunderland". It is in 3d, and looks very cool with the glasses. It was ok, I didn't really get many scares, but the sets very very amusing. They spoofed Lance Burton, and other Vegas entertainments.
    We walked over to

I was expecting a lot from this maze, as it was studio sponsored. While waiting in the line, there were about 2 monitors playing something that has to do with the Grudge, iv never seen it, so I cant tell you if its the movie or something else.
    Inside the maze, you first enter this house set, and see the "cat" crawling down the stairs, this is a very good effect. Most of the maze contains audio anamatronics, but there are a few live actors, and a ton of fake black hair EVERYWHERE.
    After this maze, my dad put down a wager, if we don't finish all mazes by 1 (he thought we were gonna do it) then we can go to Disneyland on Sunday, thats how confident he was. So he agreed and headed over to Jaguar. It wasn't a maze this year, and the actual ride was ok. The line didn't look long, but it took us 30 minutes to get on, and in the line this kid kept like rubbing against my dad (not literally..but was very close to him) which my dad got a little pissed off about.

We then went on Terror Vision in 3d. It was good, they have an extended Twilight Zone part though, so TZ fans, you'lle love this.

I'll finish the report in a bit!!
    Last edited by pveticket; 10-21-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Typo..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: 10/20 Knotts Report

We left the house around 4:30 and headed over to Buena Park. We got their around 3:00 and went over to the Picnic Area to do the Pre Scare Dinner.
    Haven't read the rest of the report, but thought this was kinda funny cause I don't know how you can leave the house around 4:30 and get to the park at 3 .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Finished reading it now. Good report so far .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Haven't read the rest of the report, but thought this was kinda funny cause I don't know how you can leave the house around 4:30 and get to the park at 3 .
    haha, typo

• Banned User

Awesome report!

• Minion

Ok, heres the next part of the report
    After Jaguar, we saw "THe Hanging". We left right when they summoned the person that hangs the celebrity...
    The show this yar was ok, they spoofed Disney a lot.
    Jack comes out of the coffin, and is like "Oh my, wrong theme park"
    And when he says oh bogger, the burger king pops out of the coffin. It was funny.

Red Beard was very good, same as last year. I love how the monsters hide in the dark and scare you. It works everytime.

13 Axe is always good. The part inside the house is always great and the hanging guy always scares me to death.

Ah the Asylum, this is my favorite maze. I got scared a ton during this, the monstrs do a FANTASTIC job on this maze, and so do the decorators. I was very impressed

The maze was generally the same as the years before...zombie fotball players and prom queens, I like this maze, and its funny to look at all the inside jokes. For example..."Mens Restroom: No Smoking" and theres smoke and coughing coming from it. Its the litle things like that,that I love.

Feary Tales is always good. The sets are hilarious, and its funny to see Fair Tales depicted like this.

We didn't do the Lazer Range, but we thought the maze was very good, and we got a bunch of nice scares.

And last but not least

Too be honest, the actors do a good job, but the sets just don't do it for me. Going to a vampire night club dosn't make much sense. But this is a classic and has eben up everytime iv been

Thats it!
    Overall, I loved it!
    Best of all WE FINISHED EVERY MAZE AND EVERYTHING BY 10:45!!! We didn't think it was possible. but my dad was right. I was amazed that we finished. It was a great evening (it was my 7th year going) and I definitly reccomend each and every one who is reading this go, I willbe going for years to come!

• Banned User

Great report!! wish there was acually pictures, but the report was awsome

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Red Beard was very good, same as last year. I love how the monsters hide in the dark and scare you. It works everytime.
    Another connection to Disney....

There was a real life pirate named Barbarossa Khair ad Din Pasha. The nick name "Barbarossa" meant Red Beard. He was the admiral of the Ottoman empire. It seems that Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean was possibly named after Barbarossa. Barbossa's red beard also serves as a hint to that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Awesome report, good job.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Great report!! wish there was acually pictures, but the report was awsome
    I was going to Bring my video camera (I don't have a still) but decided against it at the last second

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

glad you had a good time, shame you didn't see Hacks!. its by far the best show knotts has had for haunt in a very long time
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    glad you had a good time, shame you didn't see Hacks!. its by far the best show knotts has had for haunt in a very long time
    If Ed Alanzo and Dr Cleaver don't return, it seems like there will be little choice not to go see Hacks.

I've always been currious, but am wary of "improv" shows for they are often hit and miss.

• love my friends

great report

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    If Ed Alanzo and Dr Cleaver don't return, it seems like there will be little choice not to go see Hacks.

I've always been currious, but am wary of "improv" shows for they are often hit and miss.

we went to haunt 4 nights over the last week or so and saw the Hacks! show 6 times over those 4 nights. the show was different each time (thank goodness for improv) and had the audience rolling with laughter at each showing.

if you remember the hunchback from Dr Cleaver's show, his name is Frank and he is the leader of the Hacks! troupe. He also plays Clem Clodhopper in the Laughing Stocks acts in front of the Golden Horseshoe, although the last couple performances of theirs that we caught last we he was nowhere to be seen, maybe taking time off while he works Haunt.

on a side note, one of the Hacks! members named Frank also works as a street pirate in NOS.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    we went to haunt 4 nights over the last week or so and saw the Hacks! show 6 times over those 4 nights. the show was different each time (thank goodness for improv) and had the audience rolling with laughter at each showing.

if you remember the hunchback from Dr Cleaver's show, his name is Frank and he is the leader of the Hacks! troupe. He also plays Clem Clodhopper in the Laughing Stocks acts in front of the Golden Horseshoe, although the last couple performances of theirs that we caught last we he was nowhere to be seen, maybe taking time off while he works Haunt.

on a side note, one of the Hacks! members named Frank also works as a street pirate in NOS.
    Oh, thats interesting to know. I hope the show is still there next year and i'll check it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast