• ...TWO BITS!

10/25/06 KSF Halloween Haunt Trip Report

Wednesday night is DEFINATELY better than Saturday night. I went to HH last year for the first time and it was packed. Next year, I'll have to definately go on Wednesday or Thursday night. 2 hours freeway driving, but 45 minutes to get back. So the parking lot that is on the same block as the park is preferred $15 while parking lots near Soak City and the dirt parking behind the park is apparently $10. I didn't know that but I didn't feel driving anymore after 2 hours in the car and a lack of Halloween Haunt Parking signs. They made me go one end and out the other of the property. Made me drive in circles.

ANYWAYS, first thing was "Cavern of Souls". Really neat. Although I do have to agree that spider blast doesn't look safe. Looks like it can poke out an eye. Beware of scarers at the exit! Then I just walked around and people watched. Didn't feel like going on "Red Moon Massacre" although that had little to no wait. Watched "The Hanging: The Other Dead Man's Chest". Pretty cool. Next was Hypno-Chick. Usually I'm not interested in hypnosis show. But at least I know what they do for this show, not much different from my grad party presentation. So I'll skip this next year. Walked around "CarnEVIL" scare zone. There were 2 clowns with the only chainsaws I saw the entire night. Saw "Dead Idol Live". Not that great. If you're into singing & dancing, go ahead. I did notice this one dancer, and then later I think she played Paula Abdul on stage. I heard one person leaving the show with me thought it was lame. Got my chance to walk-on through "13 Ax Murder Manor", "Terror Vision", "Grudge", "Dark Realm", Lost Vegas", "The Asylum", "Feary Tales" and the only repeated maze I did from last year was "Lore of the Vampires". At the top of the stairs, the vampires told the guests to turn back because that was the break room. So for 1-2 minutes, they made them confused. I told them to keep going because I went through the maze last year. They were just screwing with them and said "Never trust a vampire". Haha, that was cool. Not really much scare probably cause they weren't expecting people yet, same goes for "Dark Realm". I could have also done "Red Moon Massacre" and "Red Beard's Revenge" but it was already 12:30, I was tired, had a good night, and needed to drive back. Last show I did see was "Putz Prank". A slider kinda entertained us. The theater wasn't even half-full and they kept the gates open to let anyone in during the performance. Basically a prop-comic like Carrot Top. It was still neat though. The ending was a "blast".

Last year we only did "Hatchet High", "Lore of the Vampires", and "Red Beard's Revenge" and saw "The Hanging" and "Side Show of the Bizarre". So the only things I missed out are "Red Moon Massacre" and the Improv show.

At first I thought it was gonna be a lame night, turned out just a little better. So, yeah, most of the mazes on a Wednesday night are walk-ons

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Re: 10/25/06 KSF Halloween Haunt Trip Report

Awesome Report! Glad you had a blast

• ...TWO BITS!

^ (referring to your signature pic)

I was passing through GhostTown and 2 scarers were talking to a little, probably, 5 year old. I'm pretty sure the kid got freaked out by them.

Again, a saw a little girl while passing by the grudge.

Sat with 8-10 year olds in "Cavern of Lost Souls".

And parents took their infants and other little kids to see "Bad Santa" in the movie theaters.

Now, are those types of parents really going to complain to the world about censorship... PLEASE! It's their own fault.

M'kay, I'm done

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

glad you had a good night and thanks for the report. i've found after going to haunt for the last nine years that weds, thurs and sun nights are the best to go for lesser crowds, but we always go at least 1 friday night just because of the scare-experiences that come with bigger crowds.

next year try to catch the Hacks! show, i firmly believe it is the best show that Haunt has ever had in any of their venues.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    ^ (referring to your signature pic)

I was passing through GhostTown and 2 scarers were talking to a little, probably, 5 year old. I'm pretty sure the kid got freaked out by them.

Again, a saw a little girl while passing by the grudge.

Sat with 8-10 year olds in "Cavern of Lost Souls".

And parents took their infants and other little kids to see "Bad Santa" in the movie theaters.

Now, are those types of parents really going to complain to the world about censorship... PLEASE! It's their own fault.

M'kay, I'm done
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I actually convinced them to take me and a friend, we had a great time even though we werte so young, and didn't cry, or scream like the other wimps lol