• golly gawrrsh

Guess it was too much to ask

That Disney purchase Canada's Wonderland here in Toronto from Paramount.

Instead some other park company Cedar Fair bought it for $1.25 BILLION - in cash no less.

"CINCINNATI - Cedar Fair LP will have a more national presence in the regional theme-park business with its announcement Monday that it will buy Paramount Parks Inc. from CBS Corp. for $1.24 billion US in cash.

Canada's Wonderland, a popular amusement park just north of Toronto, is among the properties changing hands.

Industry experts say that the acquisition should make Cedar Fair the third-largest theme-park operator in North America in terms of attendance, behind first-place Walt Disney Co. and second-place Six Flags Inc. It will also mean that all of Ohio's major theme parks will be owned by one company."

you have no idea how much i hoped it would be Disney who buys it - would have made my dreams come ture - way to squish them Cedar Fair

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Guess it was too much to ask

Disney doesn't buy other people's parks...especially parks with no cohesion or theme.

• golly gawrrsh

ya i know - it was all wishfull thinking when we heard it was for sale again.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Disney doesn't buy other people's parks...especially parks with no cohesion or theme.

Good one. I got a little chuckle out of that. It's true though.

Don't get me wrong, Disney has its theme parks that struggle, but the ones that do still stand above (in my opinion) a park like this Wondercrap or whetever it's called. A park like this is just too much baggage for Disney.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    "CINCINNATI - Cedar Fair LP will have a more national presence in the regional theme-park business with its announcement Monday that it will buy Paramount Parks Inc. from CBS Corp. for $1.24 billion US in cash.

Canada's Wonderland, a popular amusement park just north of Toronto, is among the properties changing hands.

Industry experts say that the acquisition should make Cedar Fair the third-largest theme-park operator in North America in terms of attendance, behind first-place Walt Disney Co. and second-place Six Flags Inc. It will also mean that all of Ohio's major theme parks will be owned by one company."
    Cedar Fair is buying up most of the parmount parks, like the one by my house, King's Island. I hope they will make good changes to the parks that need them.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Cedar fair is cool. They own Cedar Point (aka roller coaster heaven) and Michigan's Adventure (I remember when it used to be called Deer Park Funland back in the day).

• What have I done?

I am in no way a Cedar Fair basher but all they tend to do or know how to do is focus on thrills, which isnt necessarily bad but when you have a park such as Knotts they took away almost all theming which is bad. Anyways I wish them luck with this acquisition!

"This guy!"