• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

The Park That Almost Made Me Cry

So i took a trip to 6 Flags Marine World in Valejo (its about an hour drive away from home). Anyways...i was just taken back by how much better Disneyland is as a whole. The service, the atmosphere, the attractions. I liked the rollercoasters at 6 flags, but not much else. Oh yea...TRASH ALL OVER THE PARK! Now, its a fun place to be, but who else is with me? Thank Walt we have Disneyland...or else i would have to call that place home instead...EWWW! HAHA

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Picturing the Magic

Re: The Park That Almost Made Me Cry

Yea...let people ruin other parks so thy don't take it out on disney parks! Clean is good...it's like recieveng rep

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

I used to live in the East Bay and went to Marine World (Africa, USA) several times when I was a kid, mostly for school trips. Aside from the jumping water fountain and the obligatory splash zone for the dolphins and iconic whale-slash-elephant that never dies, it was nothing compared to Disneyland. Can't imagine how bad it must be today.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

ohh...its bad...as a side note, i was peed on by an albino tiger. I need points for that! I mean, what are the chances that that happens?!!! u know?!!! yeah! u know it!

SUPPORT THE CMs

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

About two years ago, we went to Universal Studio's for my Mother-In-Law. I hadn't been there since 1989. Upon arrival......it seemed like it was better in 1989.

We on this Terminator attraction and my mom-in-law has back problems and didn't want to risk hurting it, so we sought to sit in the 'non moving' chair section - for pregnant women etc.

My wife asked if we could sit there the woman rudely replied "Why - ya' pregnant or somethin?" I was aghast! How could she have the audacity to even ask!? It's none of her dang business - we elect to have a member of our group to sit in the 'non moving' seat area - there should be no further issue or questioning.

My wife and I were very upset by that. I can honestly say that if I never go back to Universal Studios again, I won't feel a loss.

Disneyland Rocks!

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    ohh...its bad...as a side note, i was peed on by an albino tiger. I need points for that! I mean, what are the chances that that happens?!!!
    More often than you think. I had a season pass to Marine World just before they were sold to Six Flags and I saw it happen. It was only gross if you were the one being sprayed. I was standing about 10 feet away and it was hilarious!

And just because I can't let this one go: Did the tiger have stripes? If so, it wasn't an albino. White tigers are the result of a recessive gene. It's like red hair. Rare, but perfectly normal.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, six flags is batting a thousand (3 for 3) for the best rating in trashy parks in my books. All three that we have visited have been a huge disappointment for us.

We thoroughly enjoyed Marine World when it was in Redwood City. I practically grew up there. Sadly, I watched (first hand from my boat, I should dig out the photo's) as the barge carried the animals from RWC to Vallejo.

When they opened up the new park, it was just not the same. No intimate feelings with the animals or the employee's. Just seemed like a park that was out for your money and not to entertain you.

Obviously, I wasn't the only one to feel that way. Vallejo had to bail them out a few times and finally had to take it over.

Then when six flags took it over, it really took a dump.

Even though we live only about an hour away as well, we probably will never go back. It's already been a few years since we have been there and we certaily don't miss it.

We'd rather drive south on the I-5 for 5 hours and spend a long w/e at DL than drive an hour to that sorry excuse of a park.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

yeah...srry...it was a white tiger with black strippes. but you get the idea

SUPPORT THE CMs

• Banned User

I go to Marine World every summer. Yes, its trashy. But the coasters such as Medusa, Kong, V2 and the others are great!

• Grumpy old man

Marine World was nice when it was just a plain old animal park. Nice and quiet, really fun, a good weekend trip for us Vallejoians. But when the park started hitting financial trouble, the city bought it and they had Premier come in and manage it, it went down a downhill slide from then on. As soon as it changed it's name from Marine World Africa, USA to The Marine World Theme Park and eventually Six Flag Marine World, I started to feel real dislike towards the park. The animals were being pushed out of focus for a few thrill rides and cloned coasters from other parks. Some of the animals couldn't even take the noise, which is really sad. All those coasters are a real eyesore on the skyline of Vallejo and I hate seeing them when coming home from Fairfield going over the hill.

The rest news of yet another name change doesn't help matters much. I haven't gone in many years and don't plan on going back.

The only good thing is it does bring in a good amount of money for the city of Vallejo and if we did get rid of it, the city would be in more debt then it is today.