Any news on the next Magic Mountain ride?

Just curious if anyone knows of any news or rumors about a new coaster at Magic Mountain. At their pace, they should be due for one in '06.

• Banned User

I heard they were building a new mega prototype ride built by intamin... it will go 1.5 million hours... and never work.. (you wait forever for a broken prototype.. hehe.... sound firmilliar..)

Probably a new cleaning person...

(Now open.. Six Flags MAGIC MOUNTAIN.. Now with 6 cleaning people... to make your visit more memorable... Sorry all but one coaster is closed.. we had to save money somewhere while jacking up the entrance price.. hehe)

Thanks for the sarcasm, but the Magic Mountain sucks thread already exists.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I was there on Friday night, and every Roller Coaster except Flashback was running (Flashback is closed for the Hurricane Harbor season, since it creates too much noise, and the lifeguards need to be able to hear the guests).

Had a great time.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I was there on Friday night, and every Roller Coaster except Flashback was running (Flashback is closed for the Hurricane Harbor season, since it creates too much noise, and the lifeguards need to be able to hear the guests).

Had a great time.....
    Wow... I have not heard that happen often....
    (and yes i love being sarcastic.. and i don't dislike a park untill i have experanced it...)

Rumblings are that Flashback will never open again. This ride was designed by Bollinger and Malibard before they went out on their own. It was part of SF's ride rotation program, starting out at SF Great America, and then to one or two more SF parks before arriving at MM. It is a brutal ride that most people who have ridden it say they won't miss it when it's gone.

• That's Hawt

Ugh ... I HATE Flashback ... I thought my ears were bleeding at the end ... they wern't. I think the path they have been on so far of cleaning up things and making the park at least presentable is great. But it has been a few years since their last ride so I really hope they get one this next year or really really really really soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

News was leaked just today that SF Great Adventure is getting a Intamin Plug N Play woodie next year, just 1 year after their multi-million dollar record breaking coaster and extensively themed new area this year:

http://www.rcdb.com/id3183.htm

So it appears SF has abandoned making SFMM their flagship park, wouldn't be suprised at all if all SFMM gets next year is a new flat ride or just general improvements. There's been rumours that SF may be looking to sell off some more parks, with their loss of interest in SFMM, this may be one of the parks on the selling block.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    with their loss of interest in SFMM, this may be one of the parks on the selling block.
    Umm.....no offense but this will never happen! SFMM has so many rides, and it probably is still one of their flagship parks.