• MC's Graveyard Crew

Bonfante Gardens & California State Fair 2006 Photos

Hey fellow MC'ers.

I've uploaded about 200 photos from Bonfante Gardens Family Theme Park & the 2006 California State Fair. I got a bit of a break from a major project I've been stuck working on and decided it was time to sift through the 1000's of photos I shot this summer. It's been a real chore but I had ton's of fun collection all these memories.

Direct links to the images are here:

Bonfante Gardens Gallery:
    http://sm2designs.com/thumbnails.php?album=29

The California State Fair 2006
    http://sm2designs.com/thumbnails.php?album=26

A few sample images:

Bonfante Gardens: (Gilroy, CA)

California State Fair 2006: (Sacramento, CA)

Enjoy and thanks for checking out my work! I was down to DLR in late October and shots a boat load of photographs. Expect a giant gallery of DLR & DCA stuff coming very soon.

Sean "Bringing you some NorCal goodness in the meantime!" Menefee
    2300+ Theme Park Photos & More

• Grumpy old man

Re: Bonfante Gardens & California State Fair 2006 Photos

Very nice pictures. I've only been to Bonfante once and I think that was enough for me. It was a very beautiful park with loads of nice things to look at, but other than that it was kind of boring and the food was really disgusting.

I love to see appreciation and love of the State Fair, more people should really attend even if they don't like the idea of fairs. It's such a wonderful event and really makes you proud of your state (not that I'm liking in that pride, in the words of Jello Biafra "California Uber Alles")

• Senior Minion

Great pictures, love Bonfante Gardens beauty. I would rather go there then Great America. BG is so pretty and really great for the kids.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post
    I love to see appreciation and love of the State Fair, more people should really attend even if they don't like the idea of fairs. It's such a wonderful event and really makes you proud of your state (not that I'm liking in that pride, in the words of Jello Biafra "California Uber Alles")
    Whenever I visit the north, I always find more state pride than down here in Southern California. The culture is of course WAY different up there, but I just see way more California state flags and gorgeous beauty around Sacramento than around here. It just *feels* more like California, whereas SoCal just feels kind of like 5 countries in one small area.

It always blows my mind thinking that we are a part of the same state, they are so far away and live so much differently than we do. Nevada and Arizona are much closer in both distance and environment to Southern California but they are in different states, go figure.

I dunno, everytime I visit northern California (I usually call it "California" and our area "Southern California") I just feel a lot more pride to be a Californian. Down here no one really seems to care, we go by cities and not states since the O.C., San Diego and Los Angeles are so radically different from each other. There's something like 35 million Californians, that more than 1 out of 10 Americans! Not a very unique thing being Californian since 11% of the entire country lives here. But still thrilling to see Northern California and know that we live in a state with tons of natural beauty and forests.

• For You!

Thanks for sharing - never been to either!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome Pictures. I LOVE Bonfante Gardens. We went up there last year. Truly one of the most beautiful parks around.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Thanks so much for the photos. I have always wanted to go to both of these, so it was really neat to see your photo galleries.
    Rick

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Oh wow. Those are very very beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Thru the Candy Cane Forest in the Land of the Misty Chocolate Hills

We were at Bonfante over the July 4th weekend this year. Neat place to see. Interesting history. The original Circus trees were developed in the first half of the last century by Axel Erlandson. They were located in Scotts Valley and were eventually left to die after Erlandson passed away. Mark Primack, a Santa Cruz architect saved them by secretly tending them. Then Michael Bonfante moved them to the current location, and created the park as we know it in 2001. It's great for kids.

Bongante Gardens is a delight that we never miss. We live in San Diego and I liken Bonfante Gardens to Legoland. Both are small with low capacity rides and best for kids. Except Bonfante Gardens has an edge for adults who love gardens. It is so beautiful and a really nice day out. I have noticed that Legoland has now sprouted muh more foliage than before so I wonder if Legoland senses some competition.

Love Bonfante Gardens and Gilroy! We try to go once a year.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    Whenever I visit the north, I always find more state pride than down here in Southern California. The culture is of course WAY different up there, but I just see way more California state flags and gorgeous beauty around Sacramento than around here. It just *feels* more like California, whereas SoCal just feels kind of like 5 countries in one small area.

It always blows my mind thinking that we are a part of the same state, they are so far away and live so much differently than we do. Nevada and Arizona are much closer in both distance and environment to Southern California but they are in different states, go figure.

I dunno, everytime I visit northern California (I usually call it "California" and our area "Southern California") I just feel a lot more pride to be a Californian. Down here no one really seems to care, we go by cities and not states since the O.C., San Diego and Los Angeles are so radically different from each other. There's something like 35 million Californians, that more than 1 out of 10 Americans! Not a very unique thing being Californian since 11% of the entire country lives here. But still thrilling to see Northern California and know that we live in a state with tons of natural beauty and forests.
    When you have lived in Northern California as long as I have (51 years) you would see some deep division between the parts of Northern california.

I live in a Blue City in a Red County
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION