Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Knott's 2007 Coaster Discussion

I'm actually shoched that a topic about this hasn't been started yet. I thought it had.

Anyway, if you haven't heard, Knott's is building a new coaster for 2007.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/knott_s_berry_farm.htm

It's going to be a spinning coaster similar to Euro-Mir. Not your typical spinning coaster and the first one of it's kind in the U.S.

Of course, this means more of the personality of Knott's will be gone since it's going to be built in the front area that is already filled with Silver Bullet, Montezooma's Revenge and Jaguar. Yet another bit of the classic Knott's going away.

That being said, hopefully it will be a good coaster.

Thoughts???

Here is the supposed concept art

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Knott's 2007 Coaster Discussion

Are they getting rid of Jaguar or Monte? I wonder what is going to be gotten rid of for this to happen.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Ugh! I hate this! Knott's is turning into Magic Mountain. Don't get me wrong, I coasters and have always wanted to go on one like that, but c'mon. Knott's?!?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    Are they getting rid of Jaguar or Monte? I wonder what is going to be gotten rid of for this to happen.
    No, the only thing that is rumored to go away is the rest of the Lake and the kiddie railroad.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    No, the only thing that is rumored to go away is the rest of the Lake and the kiddie railroad.
    Well, it is probably better that way because the lake is a lot of nothing now. I used to like going on the Walter K when it went around the whole lake. Now what is left of it is very sad, the same with the train. I wonder if they are going to add anything to Camp Snoopy since they just got rid of 2 rides there or are they going to leave it untouched.
    Last edited by PirateChick; 11-20-2006 at 04:16 PM. Reason: misspelling

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The lake is already gone...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...06340868/Large

The Kiddie Railroad is still operating, and might remain.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Queen of Sarcasm

They drained what little of the lake that was left after they added Silver Bullet? When I went 2 weeks ago they still had the puddle which at one point was the lake.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Wow. Mark me suprised at its size (I think a layout/design was what we were waiting on for this thread). I was expecting a way smaller coaster for the "camp snoopy" coaster.
    I dunno...looks fun but nothing to get high hopes for.
    Now "Powered by Mack"...is that just a slogan...or will this be a powered coaster?

• MC's Graveyard Crew

It's just a slogan.
    2300+ Theme Park Photos & More

• Functional & Decorative

They drained what little of the lake that was left after they added Silver Bullet?
    The lake by Silver Bullet is a different lake. This is/was the lake by Camp Snoopy, that the mini-steamboat went around.

Yeah, Knott's is adding another coaster, but I think they are going down a smart avenue. It's a more family-based coaster, much like Jaguar. Yet I think it will be thrilling/unpredictable enough for teenagers and up to enjoy. If it were too tame, people would compare Knott's to Disney, and if it were too thrilling, people would compare it to Magic Mountain. Knott's can make their own niche by finding attractions for the post-Disney/pre-Magic Mountain demographic.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• 2007 Ice Hockey Champs!

Knotts has, IMHO, already killed itself (thanks a lot Cedar Fair, LLC). The major reason I have held a pass for 5 years now is it was a great place to go and just enjoy some rides not seen in other parks while learning a little about the Wild West. Now, the park is becoming the unwanted child of a SFMM-DCA fling. Once the Haunted Shack was gone the place started to fall apart with the additions of the Lawsuit Splasher, Xcellerator (with headrests that don't fit everyone causing issues for people like me who get headaches from it), and a VERY POORLY upkept Injury-on-Wheels known as Ghostrider. Come on... SFMM keeps Colossus up better than Knotts has kept Ghostrider up. If I want to get jostled all over the place and risk injury... I go to the rink and play a little ice hockey with the Jr. Ducks.

Why not just ruin the last part of the park? Personally, I am going to have a hard time talking myself into a renewal these days. That money would be better spent on home upgrades like a can of paint.
    2006 Ice Hockey Champs! (13-0-0) Bar Room Heroes
    2007 Ice Hockey Champs! (14-6-1) Angry Bar Flies
    2008 Ice Hockey Champs! (15-2-1-1) Die Another Day

Career Stats:
    Regular Season Games=108 (36 goals, 34 assists, 70 points, 22 penalty minutes)
    Playoff Games=11 (6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points, 0 penalty minutes).

• Senior Minion

And I thought I was the only one who thought Ghostrider was a bit rough - halfway through the ride I wanted to get off. As for this new coaster, it seems like a good idea to revamp some of the park in this way, but then it does tend to lose some of that Wild West feel when you have steel support beams all over the place.

Personally the only time I really look forward to Knott's is for Knott's Scary Farm - and then it's because of their mazes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Knotts has, IMHO, already killed itself (thanks a lot Cedar Fair, LLC). The major reason I have held a pass for 5 years now is it was a great place to go and just enjoy some rides not seen in other parks while learning a little about the Wild West. Now, the park is becoming the unwanted child of a SFMM-DCA fling. Once the Haunted Shack was gone the place started to fall apart with the additions of the Lawsuit Splasher, Xcellerator (with headrests that don't fit everyone causing issues for people like me who get headaches from it), and a VERY POORLY upkept Injury-on-Wheels known as Ghostrider. Come on... SFMM keeps Colossus up better than Knotts has kept Ghostrider up. If I want to get jostled all over the place and risk injury... I go to the rink and play a little ice hockey with the Jr. Ducks.

Why not just ruin the last part of the park? Personally, I am going to have a hard time talking myself into a renewal these days. That money would be better spent on home upgrades like a can of paint.
    Ditto ALL of that. Knott's began systematically losing its charm little by little. What was the purpose of the "Boardwalk" theme? I liked it better when it was the roaring 20's.

They should just make the small parking lot across the street Roller Coaster land. Stick all the ugly non-themed coasters out there, leaving the theme park alone so it can actually have a chance.

• Circle of Ancients

^ It's too late for that.

Knott's as we knew it growing up no longer exists. Sadly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast