Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    779

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Garden Grove has been trying this idea for a few years now. They wanted a retail center but could not get support for it, so now they are trying for an amusement park. Unless they can get one of the major studios or Disney(which will never happen) to buy into this project it will just be another waste of taxpayer $$$ as these politicians attend the conventions and trade shows trying to drum up interest. I just do not see this happening. This city just does not have the demographics to pull it off and I do not see anyone investing 4 billion $$ trying to beat Disney.

  2. #17

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    430

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I agree, that area can be pretty scary and I can only imagine the type of people it would attract if this theme park does go through. It's bad enough going to the BLOCK in Orange on a weekend night with the type of people there.
    What type of people would those be?

  3. #18

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    What type of people would those be?
    (Sarcasm On)

    He was referring to the Homosexuals, Whites, and High Class people of course.

    (/Sarcasm Off)


    Now really did he state ANYTHING that would refer to you making a post like that?


    Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

  4. #19

    • Yeah...I'm cool
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Glendale
    Posts
    2,874

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    Garden Grove has been trying this idea for a few years now. They wanted a retail center but could not get support for it, so now they are trying for an amusement park. Unless they can get one of the major studios or Disney(which will never happen) to buy into this project it will just be another waste of taxpayer $$$ as these politicians attend the conventions and trade shows trying to drum up interest. I just do not see this happening. This city just does not have the demographics to pull it off and I do not see anyone investing 4 billion $$ trying to beat Disney.
    No, GG was trying to get a casino/hotel complex at this site for some time. They weree going to land swap w/ an Indian tribe to do this.

  5. #20

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    430

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    (Sarcasm On)

    He was referring to the Homosexuals, Whites, and High Class people of course.

    (/Sarcasm Off)


    Now really did he state ANYTHING that would refer to you making a post like that?
    A post like what? I merely asked what type of people he was referring to.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fullerton, CA.
    Posts
    795

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    A post like what? I merely asked what type of people he was referring to.
    I'm referring to gang related individuals who are out looking for trouble and enjoy defacing property...or worse. When I make a visit somewhere with my famiy, friends or my partner, I want to feel safe when I'm there. And the area where this theme park could be is not a good area right now, and hasn't been for years. I used to live in Garden Grove for over 30 years, so I know how it can be.

  7. #22

    • AFI And MCR Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    70

    Re: Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com

    Well they could do safety checkpoints like DL.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
  2. New Garden Grove Theme Park
    By Uncle Bob in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
  5. Garden Grove seeks theme-park investors - OC Register, 11/15/06
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •