Thread: The Park at MOA

The Park at MOA

After yet another visit to the park formerly known as Camp Snoopy, I have decided for myself that Disney should go ahead and make a deal to theme the park for MOA. It seems as though the park is already headed down the Disney path, and the marketing and name-recognition would benefit both the MOA's owners and Disney. Here are some observations I've made.

1. The Carousel has been playing almost nothing but Disney tunes, so far I've heard Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, It's a Small World, and various Movietunes.

2. Now, for the holiday season, the park is sponsoring a Make-A-Wish donation drive, featuring faux X-mas trees around the park with spotlight stories on various children and their dreams. 99% of them involve Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney World, or the rides thereof.

3. Every store in the place is stocked full of Disney merchandise, you can't step foot without being bombarded with Disney.

These are just three of the many observations I've made, and my conclusion is...GO FOR IT. A Disney park in the MOA would be fantastic, it would open a whole new market for WDP&R as well as giving Disney Park access to anyone. The present ride ticket system could be easily modified to go A-E ticket, and all-day passes are already offered. This could be a great opportunity for Disney. Even if they didn't want to go with a Disneyland-style arrangement, a Camp Minnie-Mickey would fit in perfectly, almost too perfectly.

Disney at MOA, I can see it!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: The Park at MOA

Good Idea.... I think the snoopy theme would have been a better solution but they have already attempted that...

Moa???

Mall of America
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

The Snoopy theme was WONDERFUL. (Especially since Charles Schultz is a MN institution.) It's a shame that the mall messed up their deal with Cedar Fair.

I've always wondered about this park--when it was created was back when I was still quite a Knott's fan--did it have any Disney/themed style rides--I mean is the log ride comparable to Knott's with animated figures etc or just a straight ahead flume?

The ride is nicely themed (mostly to Paul Bunyon), but not with DIsney style animatronics. Outside of Splash Mt. and Knott's it's one of my favorite flumes for atmosphere It's like a light version of knots with a giant Paul Bunyon and Blue inside one ofthe "caverns".

Many of the rides have nice degrees of theming. Again, not Disney, but hardly stock rides.

Sounds like it's worth visiting if you're near for the flume alone. The family coaster that tours the park alwyas looked nice to me too....

Does it have any dark rides?

E

Yes, they have a Sally Shooter.
    It's a nice little park. If you're in the area, it's worth a stop. The new Timberland Twister is a killer coaster...lots of fun. But, I haven't been there since they lost Cedar Fair as their operator and lost the Snoopy Theme.
    But, the real reason to visit MN next year will be Renegade at Valleyfair!