•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Toys for Tots weekend

Almost every year since I was a kid, my mom and I have gone to Knott's for the Christmas craft fair. This year, we were thinking of taking advantage of the Toys for Tots special and actually going into the park, as well. Now, I'm sure it will be busy, but will it be too busy to actually enjoy ourselves? In the past, we've just paid for the craft fair admission and things are usually completely dead. A point in our favor...we won't be going on any rides. We are both terrified of roller coasters. I'd appreciate any sort of heads-up from people who have gone during the Toys for Tots weekends.
    Thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Toys for Tots weekend

I actually went to the park this last weekend (Which also was a Toys for Tots weekend). Decided to go just hang out since I never get a chance to. I usually work from opening to close. Well anyways, Sunday was pretty busy and we waited an Hour to get on Jaguar and an Hour and a Half to get some BBQ at the Firemen Brigade BBQ in Ghost Town. It wasn't that bad since My wife and I didn't have to pay to get in (Ah, the joys of working at an amusement park). If you go, don't forget to get you portrait done (Warning- Shameful plug) They make the perfect gift. Go to the Camp Snoopy booth and ask for Kim (She's the best and I don't work weekends so I can't tell you to look me up). You definitely need to check out the Snoopy on Ice Show. Realy awesome job!! Have Fun!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

My wife wanted me to add that all the Hot Marines in Uniform was the highlight of her day.
    PirateMunkee

• Circle of Ancients

To be honest, If you aren't going to go on any rides there isn't any point in going into Knott's. The nicest parts of the park are used for the Crafts Fair. The rest has been turned into a concrete hell.

Of course, I don't want to discourage you from giving Toys to the kids. I just want you to know what your getting into.

And yes, it will be busy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    To be honest, If you aren't going to go on any rides there isn't any point in going into Knott's. The nicest parts of the park are used for the Crafts Fair. The rest has been turned into a concrete hell.

Of course, I don't want to discourage you from giving Toys to the kids. I just want you to know what your getting into.

And yes, it will be busy.
    Concrete Hell??!! That only describes the Boardwalk area of the park. Camp Snoopy and the Wilderness area by Bigfoot Rapids and Mystery Lodge to me are really nice. Concrete Hell is Six Flags!! At Least Knott's still has some of it's dignity. Speaking of Knott's. I have to head out to work. Everybody have a great day
    PirateMunkee

• Circle of Ancients

^ The concrete is spreading. Recently to the area near Jaguar and ALL of Silver Bullet.

Plus with a new coaster going into Camp Snoopy, I'm sure that's not far behind.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

If you are not into rides, there are plenty of shows to see..

Currently, you have

Snoopy's Cool Christmas on Ice, multiple times a day (check the schedule, selected days only)

Wild West Stunt Show

The Native American Dancers

Calico Saloon Holiday Show

A Christmas Carol play

The Gift of the Magi Play

Calico Tree Lighting at 5:30 PM (30 minute show)

The Spirt of the Season Parade at 4:30 PM (Selected days, check schedule)

Mystery Lodge

Peanuts Winter Wonderland show at Camp Snoopy.

Every show is offered on the weekends, so for a $10 toy donation, a lot to see and do.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

^ Good point.

The show's aren't bad. Forgot about those.

• Playtester

We went Sunday the 3rd. It wasn't horribly crowded. We saw the ice show (there was plenty of empty seats), saw the parade (it was..interesting....they need to go watch Disneylands crowd control and go from there), walked around a lot, and at 7:00, rode Xcelerator, Boomerang and Supreme Screen with short short waits. It wasn't that bad. We waited in the Fireman BBQ line, but they ran out of pork ribs, and the line wasn't hardly moving so we went outside to the Chicken Express place. That is the best deal! We spent abou 26$ for 14 pieces of chicken, a 2 liter bottle of soda, 2 things of mashed potatos and gravy, corn and rolls. We were all stuffed (5 of us, and we had leftovers).

It wasn't too bad. We also got there early so we could park in the parking lot, they were using all the extra grass fields to park and they were pretty full.

I just wish Knotts had more benches. There is no place to sit in that park.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

^ But there are PLENTY of trash can's.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Thinking on it...I don't think I've actually been in Knott's Park for 10+ years! Wowee! Last time I spent a day at that park was when they still had the Corkscrew. And I have fond memories of Knott's Berry Tales. *sigh*
    Anyhoo, does the chicken restaurant take reservations? I 'm sure it will be a madhouse. Does the lunch rush die down at a certain time? Or will there be a wait all day long?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant doesn't take reservations, but even with a long line, the waits aren't usually that bad
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com