• Banned User

Cool Knotts Christmas Crafts Fair and Ice Show

I went on Friday December 8th. I have gone to the crafts fair for just about as long as I can remember. It was about the same as usual, fun to stroll through and there were lots of cute little crafts. It's always worth the price, it's about $8 to get in and free if you buy a park ticket.

The ice show they had was new this year. At first I didn't like it at all, they tried to modernize the Peanuts and they played alot of hip hop/dance music that wasn't terrific. But towards the end it got better as Linus did his true meaning of Christmas speech (to which the audience applauded it was wonderful) and they paid homage to the nativity to scene.

I also got the pleasure of seeing Knotts try to do their first Christmas parade. I don't want to be too cynical since I'm a Disneyland APer I am quite a bit spoiled.. but the parade was awful. The characters were static, the floats were dirty, there was no music besides one little elementary school band that walked by (with their shirts untucked and their music way out of balance) and no sound except for Lucy who said something (I don't remember what she said).

All in all, if you've never been to the crafts fair I suggest going for a stroll, it's nice and usually not crowded. The ice show is your choice, I found it quite enjoyable but very different.

• done

Thanks for the info. I remember liking the crafts fair a lot years ago, but when we went last year, it didn't seem quite as I remembered. I had been planning to see the ice show and the new parade, but in looking at our schedule, it doesn't look like we'll have time. Heck, it's actually been months since we've been, but it looks like late January is the next time we'll be able to go.

• Banned User

Re: Knotts Christmas Crafts Fair and Ice Show

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Thanks for the info. I remember liking the crafts fair a lot years ago, but when we went last year, it didn't seem quite as I remembered. I had been planning to see the ice show and the new parade, but in looking at our schedule, it doesn't look like we'll have time. Heck, it's actually been months since we've been, but it looks like late January is the next time we'll be able to go.
    Well I can tell you that while it was fun and enjoyable, you're really not missing anything by not going. I'm sure the new ice show will be around next year.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Knotts Christmas Crafts Fair and Ice Show

i was kinda hoping to go next weekend what with the free admission w/a new unwrapped gift donation and all, but we've only got 2.75 days and that's just enough time i think for DLR since my husband has never seen the xmas decorations before.

bummer, i haven't been to Knotts (except for Haunt) in probably 18 years or so
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.