Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Our first trip to Legoland!

We will be going to Carlsbad with my family for President's Day weekend, which will be enough fun in itself. This time we are going to Legoland! Brian is at the beginning of his Lego obsession, so I think it is the perfect time for him to go there.

Does anyone have any suggestions for our trip? Are there any attractions that the kids won't like? Any restaurants you absolutely love?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Yeah take me and the boys!

Have a great trip!! Butthead

• Minion

My two boys (ages 7) are huge Lego freaks but they were disapointed by Legoland. I think they were expecting more. My boys did like the water ride they had and also the dragon coaster. Have a good time.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Drop the kids off and go to the outlet stores a block away. Have lunch at Rubys.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Drop the kids off and go to the outlet stores a block away. Have lunch at Rubys.
    Nah, we'll just leave the kids with the men and go shopping. It is another part of the tradition of going to Carlsbad. :devil:
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

• Just this guy......

When you get to the park get there as early as possible. (Just like Disneyland). Make a left as you go in and go stright to Sky Cruiser and The Kid Power Towers. They are enjoyable rides but have long, long, long lines espically sky cruiser.

Have a good time.

• Circle of Ancients

I agree about getting their early. The attractions are very low capacity so even on moderately busy days you will wait 30-45 minutes for a glorified carnival type ride.

When we were there about a month ago, they didn't open up the attractions outside of "The Beginning" until 10:30. So I would suggest doing the Safari Trek, Coastersaurus and The Fairy Tale boat first.

By that time it should be about 10:30 so you should be able to get up and do the Sky Cruiser and Power Towers with little to no wait. I would then suggest heading for the Driving School, if your little one so chooses and do the Boat Driving School.

From there you are free to head up to Dragon Coaster and the attractions up there. Lunch at the Restaurant by Dragon is very good. They do have a very good chili there.

There is also a sit down sports themed restaurant by Technic Coaster.

You will be able to spend at least an hour in Mini-land just marveling at how cool it is, especially on your first visit.

We got AP's there that are good until June, but we won't be renewing. It's a good park to visit every couple of years. Hope you have fun.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for the advice! I now know how people who have never been to Disneyland feel like. I am sure we will go to Legoland again, but having a strategy in mind before going really helps a lot.

NO GOATS!

As far as food - the Fun Town Market is a good place - the philly cheesesteak there is really good!

The Sky Cruiser gets the longest line - try to hit that up either first thing, or just before it closes. My kids really like the Driving School and the boat ride (the ones you drive yourself).

Miniland is also really cool, but they just took New York down to refurb it - but still LOTS to see if you like looking at detail. You can either spend a few minutes, or most of the day in there depending on how it strikes you.

I always say hit the rides first, then miniland because there is no lines to see miniland. When you first enter the park go to the left - this is the shortest way to the sky cruiser ride also.

And do not forget they have a good package pickup program - comes in real handy! And the bulk shop... mmmmmm but buying in bulk does add up really fast!

You can skip the shows - nothing real special there - but the knights one is prob the best one they have now. So if you are in the area check out the knights show - but I would not go out of my way to see it.

You should really have no problem seeing most, if not all the stuff there is too see on a single day.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Cool! Thank you for the tips. I am just hoping that it won't be raining on Saturday.

Does anyone know if the buy in bulk bins include Bionicle pieces?

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Hey Michele get some good Bionicle shots for Ky & Shawn!! Puhleezzee

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    If all goes well, I am hoping to have a trip report up.

NO GOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Cool! Thank you for the tips. I am just hoping that it won't be raining on Saturday.

Does anyone know if the buy in bulk bins include Bionicle pieces?
    ARG! I wish they had Bionicle parts! They do have the connectors at at times - the little rods that look like looong plus signs.

If your kids like Bionicle then check out the Bionicle room - it is over in the area of the build and test and pizza place.

Also - look for a 400+ part tub at your local TRU that they only sell there. Lots of cool parts in that thing! But they can be hard to find.

• e komo mai

Awesome! I wish I could go.
    Wait...you said Legoland.
    I thought you said Legolasland.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I will definitely look for the Bionicle parts at TRU. My son is quite into Bionicle. My brothers would like to think it is in his blood. I think if I take him the the Bionicle room I may very well never be able to get him out of there.

To GC - Have I told you lately that I love you.

NO GOATS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast