Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• And, THEN she said...

i loved my years working the haunt...that was the best job ive ever had to this day..about the end of september i would keep an eagle eye on the want ads and the second i saw the hiring ad for the haunt i was there!!! soo many stories about the haunt im remembering!!! it was soo fun it wasnt work!!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by groomer_4_u
    hey i got one for ya does anyone remember the old time horse drawn hearse in ghost town that had the aninmatronic body in the back that if you watched it..it would brethe (sp?) and eventually sit up???
    He's still there

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Hahaha... Knott's Berry Farm a rollercoaster "mecca" - gimme a break! They've got one really good Schwarzkopf flywheel launched coaster (Montezooma's Revenge), a decent Intamin rocket coaster (Xcelerator), a less than wonderful B&M invert (Silver Bullet - it's a dud), a formerly great wooden coaster (Ghost Rider) and a family coaster (Jaguar) - with an inexplicably high height restriction.

Oh yes, there's also Boomerang, but there are 30+ of those installed in North America, so I don't think anybody's gonna head to Knott's for THAT.

• Just this guy......

melmel - did you ride "Ghostrider" the wooden coaster? I think it is one of the best.

• Minion

My beef with CF is that they don't care too much about theming, which has always been an essetial part of KBF. Silver Bullet would blend in and look so much nicer if it wasn't painted in those wild bright carnival like colors, completely clashes with Ghost Town. All they had to do is use darker toned colors like brown or black, with silver trains, and it would just make the whole area look so much nicer.
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    My beef with CF is that they don't care too much about theming, which has always been an essetial part of KBF. Silver Bullet would blend in and look so much nicer if it wasn't painted in those wild bright carnival like colors, completely clashes with Ghost Town. All they had to do is use darker toned colors like brown or black, with silver trains, and it would just make the whole area look so much nicer.
    I agree with you on that CF doesn't care about themeing as Knott's was a themed park. Before I left the park, they changed the tower paint scheme which upset a lot of the employees. Each block (the checkered paint scheme) used to represent 5 feet each so everyone (guests and employees) always knew how tall the tower was. But they changed it which sucked. I feel sorry for the maintenance staff...they are the nicest bunch of guys (and gals) but they do their job as management tells them. And from what I remember, the ones making decisions, don't know anything.

My husband drove us by the park the other week and I nearly cried because even though we didn't go inside, I saw that KBF was losing a lot of the character it once had.

Re: Knott's Berry Farm Trip Report - Sat. 5/21 - WARNING LONG

Hey all I'm new but a former Knottt's Employee. I just wanted to add that the painting of the skyjump tower was due to a order error of extra red paint. The red paint was needed for the caboose on the train but someone order too much, way too much. It was not enough to paint the entire tower so they decided to paint checkers.

Also when I worked their Terry Van G. said many times that the park just didn't have the money to buy expensive rides. That's why you saw a lot of $1Million - $3Million rides and attractions every two years. The cash was not around to do anything else.

I used to work on many of the rides you talk about in this thread and I must say that the Log ride and the Mine Ride both were in very bad shape when I worked their from 1988-1995. I haven't been to Knott's for many years, other than going to the Haunt. But after hearing this it brings a tear to my eye to think that the park is not gettting atleast maintained.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123