• Banned User

Question Legoland crowds? And what else should I know?

I'm going this Saturday and hoping it'll be quiet since it's my first time.. will it be?

Also, give me some tips or some advice on what I should be doing and seeing. I'm 18 as is my friend that is going.

• C4C6C

Re: Legoland crowds? And what else should I know?

Why are you going to Legoland? At 18, you are already way to old for this place. Did you not research this park prior to your plan to go. I would go somewhere else.

As for the crowds, I went on 12/19 with my 3 kids (2,5,7) and we did the entire park in about 4 hours, which included riding everything 2-3 times. No waits on any rides.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I have not been there myself because at 22 I know I am way past the demographic they are going for and I will not be having children that would be old enough to enjoy the place for at least 7 years. With that being said my fiance (who is the same age as I) and I both have an interest with wanting to see it. Have fun and let us know how it is.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Why are you going to Legoland? At 18, you are already way to old for this place. Did you not research this park prior to your plan to go. I would go somewhere else.
    Uhhh, some people just like Legos, no matter how old they are. My son is 8, we've been twice, and I find it fascinating to check out all the cool details.

You should have plenty of time to see everything and they have really good food there. It'll be more about the details for you, not so much about the rides. There are little things hidden all over the park. And of course, take your camera!
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post

As for the crowds, I went on 12/19 with my 3 kids (2,5,7) and we did the entire park in about 4 hours, which included riding everything 2-3 times. No waits on any rides.
    Um okay I still like legos. I didn't know adults weren't allowed to go.

PirateMickey gave me two tickets to go as I have always wanted to, when it opened I was living in foster care and didn't have a chance to go so it's like fulfilling a childhood dream.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post

PirateMickey gave me two tickets to go as I have always wanted to, when it opened I was living in foster care and didn't have a chance to go so it's like fulfilling a childhood dream.
    Even better! Have fun!
    A signature should go here.

• Circle of Ancients

Nothing wrong with going to LegoLand as an adult. You will have fun.

As for crowds ... because of the nature of alot of rides (Low capacity) even if the park isn't very busy some of the lines get long. But being that it's the first weekend in January, they aren't having any deals right now and there are no new attractions ... you should be okay.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I never said adults were not allowed to go. I meant that the park is more themed towards the younger crowd. Sorry to those who thought I was rude (rep!!!). Sometimes it is hard to understand a person's tone simply by reading something on the internet.

Do have fun though!!!

• A Pirate's life for me!

You'll have a blast at LegoLand!

Here are my recommendations, but as usual, go with the flow and where your curiosity takes you. Don't worry too much about the crowds, it has never been an issue for us (even the grand opening w/e of Pirate Shores).

They do have a special going on right now, but it shouldn't add much to the crowds. If you bought a one day ticket during the holidays, they gave you another ticket to use during the first part of '07. Nice perk...

After you enter the Park, go to the right and essentially make a big circle around the Park. The first ride will be the Coast Cruise. Nice fun ride. No drops though, hehe. Then continue on to the AquaZone, the yellow boats that go in a circle. Take a few minutes to check out the Lego Show Palace. They play two different "4-D" shows. They have scheduled times. I'd recommend the Sorcerer show vs. the racing show. Better effects. If you like the Tea-Cups, then do the Bionicle Blaster. Same thing. The Technic test track is next. Kind of like Mulholland Madness. don't miss it. Head down the pathway and check out Mini-Land. You could probably spend an hour or so just in there. Lots of interactive Lego sets there. Go up the hill to the Knight's Tournament. They are the robotic arm things. You get to pick your level of "adventure". #5 is the most fun/severe. Go for it!!!

Head further up to the Castle and ride the Dragon coaster. Lots of shops there too. Head downhill and take a stroll through the Enchanted Walk (only takes a few minutes). They had it dressed up for Christmas and Halloween. Further down the hill is the Garden Restaurant. I saw a post in which you were vegetarian. You can eat there (Fun Town Market is another place too. It's down by the car rides).

Pirate Shores is next. You WILL get wet, so be prepared. Fun rides.

Further down is the boat ride. Even fun for adults! Go through the Adventurer's Club. It's a walk-through, next to the Brick Brothers store, which is next to the rock-climbing wall. Try and find all of the hidden keys. Interactive surprises too. The Fire Academy is fun. Try your luck! There is also a show at the Fun Town Stage. Usually a fire type comedy show. Continue down the pathway past the Volvo car and the helicopter ride and enter the Sky Cruiser ride (those are the bike with wings looking things you'll see up on a track). Other things in there as well.

The Fairy Tale Brook ride is cute. You ride in a leaf-boat. After that, hit the coaster in Dino Island. There's a safari ride next, then you get close to the exit.

Again, do what you think that you'd like to, these are just my suggestions. There are plenty of other things to do and see. Sure, some are directed only towards small kids, and that's OK. Overall, I'm sure that you'll have a great time.

Take plenty of pics!

• Banned User

Thanks for the suggestions I'm definetely taking tons of pics, I always have my camera ready!

• Neep meep beep

We went to Legoland for the first time this past summer, but with a 1 year old, and everything was geared towards people younger than the adults and older than the infant. Some of the attractions, like the joust and the Fairytale Brook Boats, Disney can learn from, however - and the lego cityscapes are just amazing.

Let us know if you have a good time by doing a trip report. My less than stellar pictures of Legoland are here:
    http://flickr.com/photos/robertmille...7594461425090/

• Circle of Ancients

I say you should experience an amusement park at least once and see for yourself what the park is like.

And getting free tickets makes it even better. Legoland is geared more toward the 11 and under crowd but I enjoyed looking at the lego structures.

Have a great time and let us know how you liked it.

Hey,

Saw the questions about Legoland and well since I work there, I thought I could give some helpful info.

Pirate Shores will be experiencing some closures in the month of January.

As of today Legoland.com does not list this information, and just to confirm I would call Guest Services at the park, all things are subject to change at anytime!

Soak and Sail will be closed until at least mid-March and then should re-open just in time for the Spring Break and Summer crowds.

Splash Battle will be closed for refurbishment starting on January 15th, and running for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

Treasure Falls has been rumored to be going DFAM (Down for Annual Maintenence) sometime soon, I don't know exact dates, check with the park to be sure.

I would definetly hit up Sky Cruiser first, that is always the longest line in the park.

Take advantage of the light crowds and come on down to Legoland!

Thmprkinsder
    "Just remember it all started with a mouse!"