Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Magic Mountain: Denied on "Deja Vu"

I went to Magic Mountain today. It was pretty cold in the morning and I slipped a couple times on Ice on the ground!

But annyways "Deja Vu" was closed all day and It was open when we went back at 4. The line was about 30min. When I got to the front of the line the attendant measued me and told me I was too tall and could't ride! Apparently you have to be shorter than "75" or 6' 3" I am 6'5" I even remebered last time I was there they let me go after I took my shoes off and I measured short enough. I tried it again but even with my shoes off I was over the line. I didn't realize I had grown that much since then.

So I had to cross the track and wait for my friends to go on it. I guess I'll never get to ride it again, which sucks because I loved it last time I was there and we were waiting for it to reopen all day.

On annother note Tatsu is my new favorite ride. Seriously the first drop and the pretzel loop are bind blowing.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Re: Magic Mountain: Denied on "Deja Vu"

That stinks. I didn't realize they had a max height. So, has the park gotten any better recently re: park management?
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Minion

I've never ridden Deja Vu before but maybe it's because the train comes very close to the track at times? I know that Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure has a maximum height requirement for this very reason. If you were any taller than that, you would probably hit your feet on the track (resulting in a very serious injury). It does suck if you're a tall person and can't ride such a fantastic coaster because of that. I would be quite disappointed knowing I can never ride (theroretically) one of my favorite rides anymore.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Most inverted coasters have a minimum and maximum height restriction. The big concern is the drop station. A tall enough person would slam into it during the return to station (or in Deja Vu's case the trips through it).

I've yet to try the new pretzel loops (they have been toned down since the first one), but I enjoy the original here in Georgia.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, Deja Vu is one of those coasters that goes through the station, and it's possible that you can hit your feet on the floor that drops. I'm sure it would not hit if you were 6'5" but it's a safety thing.

Ah, Deja Vu....one of the worst engineered coasters in the world, and I've heard that straight from the mouths of Vekoma engineers!

Part of the height problem is those rediculous trains. They are engineered with extremely small clearances for the human body...I can't believe the warning sign then even have to have about not extending your legs for fear of crushed legs

Of course, with 5+ trips to SFMM and 10+ trips to SFOG I've never seen Deja Vu even run. I happened to catch the Chicago one once.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

You know, if someone told me I was too tall for Deja Vu...well I'd never ride it again obviously...but even being 5'4" I doubt I'd ever ride it again. There are practically no coasters I'd never do again...but Deja Vu...its one of them.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Yeah, Deja Vu is one of those coasters that goes through the station, and it's possible that you can hit your feet on the floor that drops. I'm sure it would not hit if you were 6'5" but it's a safety thing.
    So why didn't they make the floor drop just a little further?
    -Osky

Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

.-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Never Look Back

Sorry about that. That is also one of my favorite rides too. I am almost too tall to ride, so hopefully I don't grow anymore.

When the car is being pulled vertically back the first tower, the car in front of you comes really close. They have signs on the back of the car in front of you, not to place your feet there.

I was there last year around January, and it was closed when I got there too. The people at the ride and at the guest relations said that Deja Vu cannot operate in colder weather. She told me that typically roller coasters run much slower in colder weather, and that for Deja Vu warmer weather is necessary. I remember the ride getting stuck at the cobra inversion a lot, that is why they eventually built that evac ramp and staircase there. So it probably can't make a proper or complete full cycle in the cold, and they didn't want to risk it...thats my guess.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post

Seriously the first drop and the pretzel loop are bind blowing.

I have to agree with you. Especally when your on your back after that one half loop.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I know that Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure has a maximum height requirement for this very reason.
    My one ex is 6'10" and he rode Dueling Dragons every chance he got when he went to IOA (jerk never took me with him though... I never got to go there until after I dumped him).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    My one ex is 6'10" and he rode Dueling Dragons every chance he got when he went to IOA (jerk never took me with him though... I never got to go there until after I dumped him).
    I must be wrong then, though I clearly remember reading something that said you had to be between 54 inches and 7X inches to ride. Must be another ride then.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    You know, if someone told me I was too tall for Deja Vu...well I'd never ride it again obviously...but even being 5'4" I doubt I'd ever ride it again. There are practically no coasters I'd never do again...but Deja Vu...its one of them.
    I remember really liking it last time I rode it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    So, has the park gotten any better recently re: park management?
    Let's see. Even though they were not listed on the way in as bein closed, goliath, ninja and psyclone were closed and superman was only running one side. Most of the shops and resturaunts did not open untill an hour after park opening. A lot of shops were closed down. It felt kinda rundown sadly. But riding tatsu made up for all that instantly.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Let's see. Even though they were not listed on the way in as bein closed, goliath, ninja and psyclone were closed
    That is a good thing in my book...
    -Osky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast