Thread: It was cold...

It was cold...

I went to Universal Studios on Saturday 14th and had a ok time. YES- it was cold which I think helped with crowd control. Everything was pretty much walk on with no wait time. It has been several years since I had been and to me a lot of the attractions on the tram tour seemed very dated. I did enjoy "the mummy" and "shrek 4d", but as for the other shows and rides I was bored. The same animal show, had no desire to see the fear factor and the tram guide had some very racey jokes which I know goes right over my kids head 5 and 6 but still I did not see a pg tour being offered. I really don't think US is worth $61 for what they have to offer. Thank GOD I had a coupon for $15 off gen. adm. I also did not like the fact that they kept on pushing for upgrades. Another $10 for better parking, another $90 for front of the line pass and $20 for food pass. Not to mention the street pushers that offer you a free bag BUT you have to sign up for year pass. Also, while I was waiting for my husband to get off "the mummy" a market research person came over and told me he would give me cash for a few minutes of my time. OK- I did do this for one reason and one reason only. It was inside and warm!!! Over all the park was clean and the cast memebers were nice and helpful BUT I feel the park needs some major current events and more kid friendly attractions.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: It was cold...

Interesting, I was there on Saturday as well. I hope you are talking about USH. The $61 got me a year pass, why didn't you go for that?

On the other hand, I was done with doing everything by 3:00.
    Last edited by hollywood1939; 01-15-2007 at 10:09 AM.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

A few of us went a couple of weeks ago, and were pretty bored. The animal show was so much better when it was by Animal Planet. Now its short and boring
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Yes it was Hollywood and since I had the coupon, I was not offered the year pass and I think it will be serveral more years before I return. It will take something big to peek my interest again.

Yes it was Hollyood and since I had a coupon the year pass was not offered to me. It will take something big to peek my interest again before I decide to return.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

The past two times I've gone (last month and 2.5 years ago), I got in for free because I know a guy who works there and if I didn't have this hookup to get in for free I wouldn't bother going. It was crowded as hell on the 30th of December and empty on Nov. 01, 04. I managed to do everything on the trip 2 years ago within 3-4 hours. Ridiculous to pay $10+ for parking for that. It really shouldn't be in the same ballpark price range as Disneyland. No comparison at all. I think the only two things I truly enjoy at Universal are the Tram Tour and the I Love Lucy tribute museum.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I like going to USH. My fiance and I have APs and we are there quite often. We go there for the day and then head off to do something in LA such as eating dinner at Hollywood and Highland, walk down Hollywood BLVD at night watching the street performers and maybe catching a movie at the El Capitan with ice cream afterwards.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I like going to USH. My fiance and I have APs and we are there quite often. We go there for the day and then head off to do something in LA such as eating dinner at Hollywood and Highland, walk down Hollywood BLVD at night watching the street performers and maybe catching a movie at the El Capitan with ice cream afterwards.
    It's nice to do that when you live close by. I'm about 45-50 miles away from there and if I'm driving that far, I want to be kept busy for the whole day, ya know?

• Queen of Sarcasm

I know what you mean. If I lived that far away I would want to be able to do something all day instead of going there and having it close at 7 on a Saturday night and 5 during the week. USH is fun but not something to do all the time with that type of distance.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Usually if Im going to go there, I have something planned at Citywalk for afterwards as well. That usually helps.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx